Readder is a client for reddit. With Readder you can view your feeds, preview articles, movies, (cat) pictures and follow comments and discussions. Readder supports multiple display modes you can switch between to view the different content Reddit offers in the best way.
Sign in to your reddit account to view your subscribed reddits (requires a one-time IAP), vote, write comments and submit posts.
This client will work in any orientation, won't forget your reddit accounts and will give you the best mobile reddit experience.
Full feature list:
* Multiple Reddit accounts - requires a one-time IAP
* Lock screen - protect the app with a passcode or Touch ID
* Night mode
* Reader mode - for full screen immersive reading
* Repost finder
* Side bar for easy one-handed selection of subreddits
* 3D support: preview links, images and more
* Cast media to your chromecast
* Swipe quickly between links
* Use multi-touch swipe to reveal swipe actions on posts and comments
* Fully supports landscape and portrait device orientations
* Multiple display modes - pick the best one for the subreddit your viewing
* Manage custom subreddit lists
* Display videos and gifs
* Sort links and comments just like in reddit.com
* Adjustable font size
* Conserve bandwidth based on current connection
* Submit posts and comments
* Messages extension app for sending reddit links to friends
* Today widget showing latests links in the notification center
* Explore popular and trending subreddits
* User center: view your messages, posts, karma, saved content, etc.
* Keep optional list of recently visited subreddits
* Support viewing Multireddits
* Subreddit autocomplete
* Search Reddit and specific subreddits
* Easily swipe between your favorite subreddit feeds
* Content filters - filter out subreddits, users and specific domains
* Markdown helper bar
* Friends feed
* Fix comment options issues
* Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Please Update More Often!!!!
Love this app, literally spend a few hours a day on it most days, but for last several months there’s been this error where albums post additional duplicate pictures of that album and one of the duplicates are blurry, and then with some videos it loads two duplicates of that video. That is wasteful on Data, as it loads the Videos one at a time including and the duplicate blurry pic.
Also, I had to remove the App and reinstall it as there was some kind of storage leak and the app ended up taking up over 15 Gigabytes of space on my iPhone!!! And no, I didn’t have any items or media or anything saved or downloaded from the app or stored on the app. Even cleared the cache and it didn’t help.
It’s been 5 months since the last update, and I’ve been waiting for them to come out with a fix, and nothing. The last version of this app worked better and we’ve been stuck with it for 5 months now!
Please update/fix!!!!! I use this app wayyyy to much to keep having these issues and I’d prefer to not have to find another Reddit app again. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
Excellent replacement for Alien Blue
As someone who browses Reddit from my iPhone about 95% of the time, a well designed client is very important to me. Alien Blue was previously the best iOS Reddit client on offer, but after no updates since the new official app has been released, it has become stale and full of bugs since the introduction of iOS 11.
At first glance, Readder does not appear to be all that different than any other Reddit client. However, the number one reason I like it so much is the level of customization available. You can configure swipe comment collapsing to work exactly like Alien Blue does, which the official Reddit app still does not do 100% correctly. Having good eyesight, I appreciate the ability to shrink font size down to make each page more information dense, so I don’t have to scroll as much. The “card” layout Reddit is pushing these days is ridiculous, especially on a larger plus sized iPhone. Such a waste of space.
I’ve only just begun to work through all of the features available, but first impressions are everything, and I was thoroughly impressed in this case.
Rearrange the top pane.
I love this app. It's essentially alien blue 2.0. The only feature I would like to see in this is the top Menu bar and 3 for menu shown at the top of the screen to be moved at the bottom of the screen. Thereby leaving the top screen bar only with front page. For added benefit the top right and left corners can be used as shortcuts for night mode/change account.
But we definitely do need a lot of the settings actions at the bottom of the screen with a separate bar.
Love the app though.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nutmeg Studios LLC
- 107.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 9.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Armenian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Unrestricted Web Access
- © Nutmeg Studios LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Features $2.99
- Premium (Apple TV) $3.99
- Support Readder II $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.