The most popular mobile video editing app for iOS is now better than ever!
LumaFusion 2.0 introduces a host of powerful new features and an elegant new UI. The simple-start timeline gives new users an intuitive head start, and professionals will find all the powerful features they need.
Tutorials, overlay help in the app, and a detailed user guide will get you started and keep you going. Our friendly support gives you direct access to our editing experts.
• Create projects with a variety of aspect ratios (including landscape, portrait, square, film)
• Frame rates (18 to 60 fps including 29.97 and 59.94)
• Duplicate, add notes, color-tag, search and sort your projects for easy organization
• Browse media directly from Photos, GNARBOX, and WD Wireless Pro/SSD drives – import only clips you use on the timeline.
• Drag-and-drop or import from anywhere, including cloud storage, SanDisk iXpand flash drives and SMB network drives
• Use for free - dozens of royalty-free music, loops, sound fx, videos and backgrounds OR subscribe to Storyblocks for LumaFusion to access the full library of thousands clips.
• View detailed information about your media
• Rename, add notes, and color-tag clips in the library
• Sort and search your library to quickly find what you need
• 6 video/audio tracks for photos, videos, audio, titles and graphics
• 6 additional audio tracks for narration, music and sound effects
• Magnetic timeline with extended features such as insert/overwrite and link/unlink clip
• New track headers for locking, hiding, and muting all tracks
• Dozens of transitions
• Display your preview on an external monitor
• Add markers with notes to your timeline
• Layer effects including chroma key, blurs, distort, styles and color in any order to create an endless variety of effects.
• Use powerful color correction tools
• Select from included color LUTs like FiLMiC deLog or import your own .cube or .3dl
• Add unlimited keyframes to animate any effect or color
• Save effect presets
SLOW AND FAST MOTION
• Create slow motion/fast motion forward and reverse
• Create smooth slow motion with 120 and 240fps files
• Edit with time-lapse video files
• Keyframe audio levels and panning for perfect mixes
• Listen to your mix while adjusting track levels
• Fill-from-left and fill-from-right for dual-mono audio captures
• Select tracks from multiple track files (perfect for screen recordings)
• Duck background music during dialog with Auto-ducking
• Add audio filters and EQ
• Create multi-layer titles with text, shapes and images
• Adjust font, color, face, border and shadow
• Import custom fonts including multi-color fonts
• Save and share title presets or styles
• Easily share movies anywhere with control over resolution, compression quality, frame rate and format.
• Snapshot a photo of any frame in your project to the Photos app
• Archive projects + media for backup or to edit on another iPhone or iPad
• Include VR metadata for exporting 360° videos
EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT
• Full reference guide at https://luma-touch.com/lumafusion-reference-guide
• Contact us directly at https://luma-touch.com/support
• Crash on startup for some users with a large number of LUTs in their projects
• Crash on export on some versions of iOS
• Issues with downloaded media for Photos and Storyblocks
• Other stability and performance issues
LumaFusion 2.0 is here, with incredible new features!
• Number of tracks doubled! 6 video/audio and 6 audio tracks.
(Preview performance with more than 3 tracks of video is dependent on device model)
• New Streamlined UI with all new vector icons, and improved workflows.
• New Timeline Overview makes it quick and easy to see your whole project and jump to a specific edit.
• New shuttle control (press-and-hold the Play button) to scrub at different rates to find the perfect frame.
• Add markers with colors and comments to quickly find important times in your projects and media
• Track Headers with track locking, hide and mute, and track link/unlink
• Popup Help makes it easier to find out what and where all the tools are.
• External Display, including layouts that give you more space on your device for editing
• Support for GNARBOX 2.0 SSD, as well as improvements for GNARBOX 1.0
• Photos library fully supports nested Folders in Album and new Media Types group.
• User-saved styles now include fonts
• Improved performance during scrolling and playback
• Easily trim clips on overwrite tracks that have attached transitions
• Trimming the head of a linked clip will no longer re-link to a different clip, so it's much easier to do a J-cut
• Dozens of bugs have been fixed and workflow and performance improvements
In upcoming releases we will continue adding new features, and will continue to enhance every aspect of LumaFusion. Find tutorials, reference-guide, answers to your questions, and contact us directly at https://luma-touch.com/support
Ratings and Reviews
The iPhone X is my primary computer. I’m a photographer and musician. I make music videos for myself and fashion films for others. I have used Lumafusion on iPhone 7 to make long 45min to 1hour and sometimes longer vlogs. I have tried to make slideshows with less than half second frames of 24 megapixel images on my iPad 2017 and that has run into problems likely due to how demanding and atypical of a task that could be. I have made music videos with 1080p or 720p 60fps footage from my Nikon D7100 and more modest slideshows with cut down to 8 megapixel images that last a second or longer into videos 1min30seconds with slight freezing, but valid export. Long story short: if you love working on the go this app is amazing and will help you do that. On older devices there are some shortcomings, but if you have any device in the iPhone X series or 2018 iPads and forward you are good! Even for 4K which I haven’t worked on extensively just yet. On iPhone 7 and forward: great! iPad 2017: except for the high res photo setback: great. iPhone 6S which is similar in power to the iPad 2017 should be good. Any other device that is older may have differences in speed, but push through any limitations and just have fun creating! Just tell stories! ❤️🎬 Power at your fingertips
note: I and other users had problems with a certain version approx July 2018 in which audio would lose sync during export and they released an update that fixed it :)
Developer Response ,
Hi Brandon, I'm not sure if you have contacted support, but please do. We would like to work closely with you to resolve the issue. email@example.com Thank you!
Great Video Editing App! Just one thing missing...
First of all, if you’re someone new to video editing, I gotta say, this app is great and straight forward with many things to explore. For everyone like me, who comes from Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro this is the best I’ve seen out there similar to those two power houses. Sure, this can’t beat those two, but for the price you get a lot that you get from AE and PR. I make edits as a hobby using AE, of animes, etc. So the one thing I’m used to using and love to do is have key frame transitions. I know that we have them here, but the one thing lacking is graphs. I typically use the graphs to make the transition, for example zoom in, go fast at the point I’d like to zoom in rather than it be at the same speed zooming in the entire transitions, as it does not look fast and keep the beat of the song up. Over all though, great app if you’re not in my place and are just looking for a good overall video editor that does most of everything you want it to do without the through the roof prices of other software out there. Hope this helps anyone who’s looking into this! 👌🏻
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the wonderful and detailed review.
Audio syncing issues, WD Passport support is unusable
I've used LumaFusion for about 5 months as my editing app of choice and have generally been ok with the intricacies, but while editing my latest video I found the straw that broke this camel's back (pun intended...read on). While overall things work well enough to get a decent edit done, when I went back to start adding music I found that every time I hit play the music starts from a different point in the song. As such it's impossible to edit to the beat when the beat changes every time, and from what I'm reading I'm not the only one who is experiencing this issue. Another different, non-deal breaker, yet still super annoying issue is the WD Passport support, or should I say lack thereof. While they advertise that you can edit directly from the drive and it'll only download the necessary footage, in practice the connection is so slow that its completely unuable. Not sure if this is an issue with the drive or LumaFusion. As such I've resorted back to just copying footage from the drive to a PNY lightning/USB flash drive then copying from there to my iPad. It's time consuming but it works and once the footage is on the iPad I can edit like normal without waiting for it to buffer. In the end I'm giving up on trying to travel light and still get edits done on the road and will be packing my laptop from now on so I can use a real video editor and save my sanity at the expense of my back. Bon Voyage.
- Luma Touch LLC
- 152.1 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Luma Touch LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Storyblocks Monthly $9.99
- Storyblocks Yearly $69.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.