Pro video editing and effects
Luma Touch LLC
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Welcome to the #1 multitrack mobile video editing app. A professional and intuitive storytelling environment will inspire you to craft your story wherever you are, from the mountain top to the living room. Recapture the magic of storytelling and the joy of editing!
“When it comes to editing video on an iOS device, LumaFusion has no equal.” - MacWorld
“If you have ever dreamed of editing videos on the iPad (or iPhone), or if you have the slightest passing interest in doing so, you need to own LumaFusion.” - 9to5Mac
“From aspect ratios to frame rates, you get full control over every aspect of your projects… this has just about everything power users are going to need.” - Gizmodo
Included in the one time purchase:
• Use 6 video/audio tracks
• Use 6 additional audio tracks
• Edit with the enhanced magnetic timeline with insert/overwrite and link/unlink clips
• Display track headers for locking, hiding, and muting tracks
• Use preset transitions or create your own
• Display your preview on an external monitor
• Add markers with notes to your timeline
• Cut, copy, paste in your timeline and between projects using Multiselect
• Layer effects; green screen, luma and chroma keys, blurs, distort, styles and color
• Stabilize videos with integrated Lock and Load Stabilizer
• Use powerful color correction tools
• Select from included color LUTs like FiLMiC deLog or import your own .cube or .3dl
• Animate with unlimited keyframes
• Save and share effect presets
• Create slow motion/fast motion forward and reverse
• Create smooth slow motion with 120 and 240fps files
• Edit with time-lapse video
• Fine tune audio perfectly with the Graphic EQ
• Keyframe audio levels, panning and EQ for perfect mixes
• Fill-from-left / right for dual-mono audio captures
• Isolate tracks on multiple track files
• Duck music during dialog with Auto-ducking
• Add third-party audio plugins
• Create multilayer titles with shapes and images
• Adjust font, color, face, border and shadow
• Import custom fonts
• Save and share title presets
• Create endless projects with a variety of aspect ratios (including landscape, portrait, square, widescreen film)
• Create projects for editing iPhone and iPad screen recordings
• Work in frame rates from 18fps to 240fps
• Duplicate, add notes, and use color-tag
• Use media directly from Photos, GNARBOX, WD Wireless, Frame.io
• Edit direct from USB-C drives
• Import media: cloud storage, SanDisk iXpand and SMB network drives
• Use for free: dozens of royalty-free music, sound fx, videos, and backgrounds
• View detailed metadata for your media
• Rename, add notes, and color-tag
• Sort and search to quickly find what you need
• Easily share movies with control over resolution, quality, and format
• Create a snapshot of any frame
• Archive projects for backup or edit on another device
• Full ProRes editing and export on ProRes-compatible devices
• Subscribe to Storyblocks for LumaFusion to access the full library of music and clips
• Export to Final Cut Pro (FCPXML) for further editing on the desktop
EXCEPTIONAL FREE SUPPORT
• Access in-app help and online tutorials to get you started and keep you going
• Explore our full reference guide at https://luma-touch.com/lumafusion-reference-guide
• Contact our friendly support with direct access to our editing experts at https://luma-touch.com/support
• Added Scale-To-Fit switch on effects that can change size. Leaving it off will crop the effect at the full frame size. Turning it on will scale the image smaller to fit the entire effect within the frame.
• Some media on external drives was appearing as incompatible in iOS 16.3.
• Linked folders were not connecting automatically without browsing on macOS.
• Certain blend modes could cause still images to flash when rendered.
In upcoming releases we will continue adding new features, and will continue to enhance every aspect of LumaFusion. Find tutorials, reference guide, answers to your questions, and contact us directly at https://luma-touch.com/support.
Ratings and Reviews
Wherever you are on your filmmaking journey, LumaFusion meets you there. This multitrack video editor offers pros the features rarely found in an iPad app, all accessible through an intuitive touch interface that even beginners can get the hang of.
This app is extremely powerful! One thing I would recommend…
This app is powerful, the amount of stuff you can do on it still surprises me, and I’ve had it for a little over 2 years. I find Luma easy to use and fun to work with, I’ve even done stuff on Luma that you wouldn’t even think of doing on just a video editing app. I have used it for editing photos, compressing videos for faster transferring speeds, I even pared it up with Procreate and made a cool little cartoon animation! It’s truly powerful.
If I were to recommend something to the creators of Luma Fusion I would say if you guys can add more editing layers. 6 layers for video plus another 6 for audio is good enough for a high quality edit, but if you figured out a way to add double or even triple the amount for just the video side, you would by far would have the most powerful editing software for iOS and iPad OS. With that many editing layers you can make complex animations with great quality. I understand the limitations of older iPhones and iPads but if you made it a feature for the M1 and M2 lineup of iPads, you would be far ahead of any video editing software on the AppStore platform. Anyways thank you for making a really solid video editing software!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for choosing LumaFusion all those years ago and taking the time to leave us a fantastic review. Creativity and ingenuity seem to be a common trait amongst LumaFusion editors and they continue to wow us with their edits. In fact, it sounds like you've got some worth while videos in the vault. Have you shared them with us on social media? We love to share an editor's work and want to see some of your content, if we haven't already.
As for more tracks, we've rekindled that conversation recently. You guessed it, the power leap with Apple Silicon has us plotting. We don't have anything to reveal other than we know it's a hot feature and it's on our mind. First, we do need to finish what's already been cooking for a while; if you haven't heard, get ready for Multicam Studio.
Thanks again for the purchase and positive review, it helps us pay the bills and keep development moving. Have fun with your next edit!
Audio Keeps Clipping
(I use the iPad Pro 2018 and both the iPad and the app's software are up to date)
I've been having problems with the audio in my videos.
I thought it was just this one song i was trying to use at first but after trying several different songs, sound effects and other types of audio files, I keep having the same problem. The audio sounds fine when I'm editing in the app but every time i save a video to my camera roll I notice clipping in the audio when i listen to it. I've tried downloading the video with the volume turned down lower on every audio file in the video, I've tried downloading the video in different Audio Quality's but nothing to works. The only way I've gotten the audio to sound good is if i save the video with no audio, go into iMovie and edit in the audio in, then save that video. This makes things very difficult and annoying for me considering that most videos i create are music videos and/or videos with lots of sound effects. So if someone's got some advice or knows how to help me that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Developer Response ,
Hello, we apologize for the frustrations. Try going into your 'Help and Settings', then tap on "Preferences," then scroll down to where it says, "Prefer Alternate Export." Turn off that switch. Now try to export again - did that fix the audio issues? If you need further assistance, please email us at email@example.com. Thank you!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Luma Touch LLC
- 192.9 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 15.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.3 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Luma Touch LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Storyblocks Monthly $9.99
- Storyblocks Yearly $69.99
- FCPXML Export $19.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.