Metal Archives 12+
Designed for iPad
• Homepage: statistics, new archives, latest additions, latest updates, latest reviews, upcoming albums.
• Band details: general infos, logo and photo, discography, members list, reviews list, similar artists, related links.
• Release details: general infos, cover photo, reviews list, track listing, song’s lyric, lineup list, other versions, additional notes.
• Artist details: general infos, biography, photo, bands involved.
• Label details: general infos, sub-labels, current & past roster, releases, related links.
• User details: general infos, reviews, collection, submitted bands, modification history.
• Manage your bookmarks: add/remove/edit bands/artists/labels/releases.
• Manage your collection: add/remove/edit releases.
• Deezer Search & Preview (30 seconds preview) which allows user to listening to band's top tracks and releases inside the app.
• Search & track history.
• Simple search: band name, music genre, lyrical themes, album title, song title, label, artist, user.
• Advanced search: band name, album title, song title.
• Browse bands by letter, country of origin, music genre.
• Browse labels by letter, country of origin.
• Browse deceased artists.
• Random band.
• Customisable theme with 4 built-in themes: default, light, vintage & unicorn.
• Customisable font size: default, medium, large.
• Customisable default discography mode: complete, main, lives, demos, misc.
• Today widget keeps you up to date.
• 3D touch for quick actions: search, random band.
Revamped UI \m/
Ratings and Reviews
Super efficient and helpful
I find myself using this app a lot more than I expected. I’m actually at a festival this weekend, and saw a guy in the audience that I could swear is in a band that I listen to semi-regularly. Immediately pull up the app, clicked on the band photo (the thumbnail enlarges, and the quality of the photos are typically great), and I was able to confirm it was him all in about 15 seconds. Of course I immediately introduce myself and tell him how much I love his latest album. Decent dude!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am very glad that the app can help people in real life situations 🤘🤘🤘
If you’re a metalhead, you NEED this app
I’ve been a fan of the Metal Archives website for a few years now (I didn’t make an account until I found out they had an app, I just perused the site) and as soon as I found out they have an app, I was like ‘ARE YOU FREAKIN SERIOUS’ and I gotta say, I’m not disappointed. I was browsing the site from my phone and that gets annoying, having to zoom in and out an whatnot, but having an app makes that issue completely disappear. It’s super easy to use, very useful for finding new bands, and their information as far as I can tell is pretty much always 100% accurate. My only complaint with the app version is there’s no way to write your reviews, so I have to do it from the browser (there probably is a way to do it in the app but I’m pretty dumb so idk). Anyway, this app is amazing and I’m super grateful for it!
This is my favorite app, but…
I visit metal archives every day and primarily use the app (and the webpage) to keep up with upcoming releases. I love metal archives. That being said, I’m very disappointed in the most recent update to this app. You can no longer see the full list of upcoming releases using the app. You also cannot search by future release dates in advanced search. I am writing this at 9:30pm on a Thursday night and at present there is no way for me to see what comes out tomorrow using the app. I hope this feature gets restored soon.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Thanh-Nhon Nguyen
- 9.2 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- © Metal Archives, Thanh-Nhon Nguyen