• Homepage: statistics, new archives, latest additions, latest updates, latest reviews, upcoming albums.
• Band details: general infos, logo and photo, discography, members list, reviews list, similar artists, related links.
• Release details: general infos, cover photo, reviews list, track listing, song’s lyric, lineup list, other versions, additional notes.
• Artist details: general infos, biography, photo, bands involved.
• Label details: general infos, sub-labels, current & past roster, releases, related links.
• User details: general infos, reviews, collection, submitted bands, modification history.
• Manage your bookmarks: add/remove/edit bands/artists/labels/releases.
• Manage your collection: add/remove/edit releases.
• Deezer Search & Preview (30 seconds preview) which allows user to listening to band's top tracks and releases inside the app.
• Search & track history.
• Simple search: band name, music genre, lyrical themes, album title, song title, label, artist, user.
• Advanced search: band name, album title, song title.
• Browse bands by letter, country of origin, music genre.
• Browse labels by letter, country of origin.
• Browse deceased artists.
• Random band.
• Customisable theme with 4 built-in themes: default, light, vintage & unicorn.
• Customisable font size: default, medium, large.
• Customisable default discography mode: complete, main, lives, demos, misc.
• Today widget keeps you up to date.
• 3D touch for quick actions: search, random band.
- Introduce badge system: a release with more than 10 positive reviews (>=75%) is annotated with a badge.
- Display band’s total reviews, overall average rating & total badges.
- Display year gap between this year and a band’s year of formation.
- Copy lyric with a simple tap.
- Photo viewer detects eyes in background so that the detection process is much faster and does not block the user interface.
- Upcoming album section: fixed label priorities so that a long release title does not overlap other informations.
- Some font & colour changes to clearly differentiate between full-length and other release types (demo, single, compilation…).
- Update underlying libraries to latest version & refactor code structure so that the app is less likely to crash.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Super efficient and helpful
I find myself using this app a lot more than I expected. I’m actually at a festival this weekend, and saw a guy in the audience that I could swear is in a band that I listen to semi-regularly. Immediately pull up the app, clicked on the band photo (the thumbnail enlarges, and the quality of the photos are typically great), and I was able to confirm it was him all in about 15 seconds. Of course I immediately introduce myself and tell him how much I love his latest album. Decent dude!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am very glad that the app can help people in real life situations 🤘🤘🤘
Does exactly what I need.
Great app, it does exactly what it advertises, which is all I need it to do, all with no ads.
It would be even cooler it integrated with spotlight so you could search straight from spotlight, and I think it would look better if the top and bottom bars were the same colour as the rest of the app instead of white, but those are just nitpicks. It's a solid app and I'm glad to have it.
Developer Response ,
Thank you 🤘!!! The new version comes with various functionalities. Hope you like it.
The essential metal music app
I’ve been reading the reviews on metal-archives from year one, and this app has changed my life for the better. Honestly the user experience of the app is more inviting than that of the website. I’d say I use this app several times a day, because I’m always looking for stuff I haven’t heard before. Pretty much the only app I need these days
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Thanh-Nhon Nguyen
- 34.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- © Metal Archives, Thanh-Nhon Nguyen
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.