SubMOA Pro is a mobile app designed for shooting sports enthusiasts, especially precision rifle shooters. This version has all the features of free version plus cloud support through www.reloaderscloud.com. It allows users download their reloading data and firearm information to the device and link the shooting results to the reloading data. The target images and group analysis results were uploaded to server and free up spaces in the device.
1. Use phone's back camera capture properly scaled target pictures
2. Allow pick target picture from device library
3. Allow manually set actual size on target picture
4. Allow re-analysis target
5. Calculate group size, point of impact by analyzing target picture
6. Generate analyzed target pictures for record keeping and easy sharing
7. Record equipment setup along with the target pictures
8. Record shooting conditions such as temperature, wind condition
9. Manage the records of shooting results
10. Share the target picture from Camera Roll
11. Allow analyze and record multiple groups on the same target
12. Allow user change font size of labels to create great target analysis image
13. Support metric system
14. Allow user select MOA or mil as accuracy unit.
15. Calculate group mean radius
For pro version only:
16. Download reloading data from cloud
17. Download firearm data from cloud
18. Allow quickly switch firearm and ammo for shooting session
19. Upload target image and analysis results to free cloud account.
1. Improve UI
2. Update for iOS 12.0
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Works ok (kinda) but NEEDS INSTRUCTIONS!!!
Buy this app with caution!! It does work for some things but it took me days of playing with it to figure out how to use the most basic functions correctly. The previous review mentioned not being able to place information where you want it - this is not correct. To place the textual information where you want it: put the green reticle where you want the upper left-hand corner of the text box and THEN hit the little post-it note looking button (bottom row of icons) or the icon with the green + sign on a page of paper (located on the left side of screen).
What is INCREDIBLY frustrating is the inability to include load data in those text boxes and to incorporate handloading data into the whole system for easy review. There IS a cloud service that you can access that looks like it MIGHT help with doing this but, without instructions, I have not been able to figure it out. This is very frustrating and makes a pricey app only about 50% functional!
There are some outdated instructions for the android version that will help you a little but most of the icons are different and the functionality is somewhat different.
To the developer: please provide some sort of instructions!! Text or video - for the iOS system! If you need help with this, contact me. My email is on www dot BrushyHill dot com. - Nick
Buggy, incomplete, difficult to use
This app could be great, but there are just too many downsides that make it more trouble than it's worth.
1) No handload data fields
2) POI and bullet hole placement marker doesn't match where the marks land when you click the button.
3) Firearm and Ammo library doesn't work at all
4) no analysis, such as ladder or OCW methods.
5) editing saved shot groups loses all the shot group data even though they are still on the image. Forcing you to completely start over even if all you want to do is change a notes field.
6) no way to sort or otherwise re order the list of groups on the analysis page ( not an analysis at all, just a list of entered groups.
7) no actual session information even though it asks you to enter session data (I.e. You can't look at groups by session)
Many more. At the end of the day, all you can really do is calculate group size and group MOA. The exported images are goofy because the bullet hole overlay illustrations are in the wrong place and done actually overlay the holes.
Although the idea is great I see the the author abandoned this app completely. The support page doesn’t work on website. There is virtually no any place you can address your concerns to. The only thing you can do is calculate the group size. Cloud is a complete failure. Nothing works. I will dispute this charge with bank not to return money - 4 usd is a small amount but not to support such approach on AppStore
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.