Fitmeter Bike turns your iPhone/iPad into a bicycle computer with incredible functionality. Try it once and it’ll remain the only biking app on your iPhone for years to come!
Whether you are an amateur that is just starting, or a pro preparing for a competition, Fitmeter Bike is the advanced tracker you need to track and upgrade your cycling.
REAL TIME TRACKING
Your session is tracked GPS based and all data is presented in real-time. View your current speed, average speed, distance, but also see advanced tracking data like uphill or downhill difference. And everything you track is kept neatly organized in History for later viewing.
- GPS based position and route of the session will be displayed on a map including distance markers.
- Current speed
- Duration of the session
- Pause time
- Auto Pause detection
- Average speed
- Top speed
- Altitude tracking. Uphill / Downhill
- Burned calories
- Split times
- History. All activities will be stored and can be reviewed. Limited to 10 sessions in the Basic version
- Import / Export all activities from / to iCloud or a CSV file
- Statistics. Speed and Altitude over distance
- Records. See your all-time records and a summary over all sessions.
- Facebook support. Post sessions to your Facebook timeline.
- Apple health support: Active Energy, Cycling Distance, Weight, Workouts
- Languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Dutch, Hungarian
Now go, get this cycling tracker app and turn your iPhone into a bicycle computer!
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- You can manually add an activity to your history
- The locations of highest/lowest altitude and top speed are marked in the full screen map of a saved activity
- The split time table additionally shows the speed for each mile
- User interface improvements for iOS 12
- Improved the memory usage for long sessions
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great & easy
Great free app that does everything I want: accurately tracks speed, distance, time, elevation & history with a clear and easy interface. Occasionally I bump my pull-down screen instead of pushing “pause” or “resume” in the top corner, but I’ll live with that!
The free version is working for me but calories and speed are questionable
The speed is not alway correct. On many rides I have a max speed that seems way too high. At time on the ride it shows I am moving when I am stopped. Also the max speed is never seen on the speed trend chart, even when the max speed is correct. The chart seems to ignore shorter periods of high speed like maybe the 100 yard or so down hill you see after crossing a bridge. It may also ignore short low speeds like slowing for a corner. Maybe that is a good thing.
The calorie counter should probably just be ignored. There is no way it could be accurate. There is no setup for the type of bike. Rider weight is the only user defined parameter that could be factored it. Calories would be way different between a road bike, mountain bike or a fat tired beach cruiser.
Developer Response ,
You're observations regarding the speed is correct
- The speed information is taken from the GPS signal and because of it has some inaccuracies that become visible especially when you do not move. Occasionally it reports a speed greater than 0 although you're standing. This is a known limitation of GPS.
- The speed charts are smoothed by purpose and spikes are filtered out. Otherwise they would look like an earthquake. I understand your complain about loosing the peak of a top speed in the diagram and I will see what I can do
With regard to the calories I'd like to mention there's a calorie setting for using E-Bikes. A slider from 0 to 100%. It can be used to fine tune your calorie consumption
Forced to buy full version
The app works great, tracks route on map, gives you time, distance, speed and more. I rated it 3 stars because after 10 uses you are forced to purchase full version. By forced I mean you cannot delete any history and you cannot stop the app without rebooting your phone. As good as it is, I will remove from my phone. Granted it’s only $3.99, however I will not be forced to purchase something I do not need or want. If the developer would allow history to be deleted, or removed when stored to the cloud, I would have given it 5 stars. The fact that you cannot stop the app without purchasing the full version or rebooting the phone to stop the app is ridiculous. Apple should stop developers from forcing users to buy a full version of an app just to use it.
- Volker Schueppel
- 19.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Volker Schüppel
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.