The Next Generation of NOAA Alerts and NOAA Radar app is here (This app is part of the Universal Purchase. With one purchase, you will be able to see the NOAA Alerts on your iOS, Watch OS and Apple TV devices.). NOAA Alerts provide you the latest active weather alerts.
Thanks for your feedback. The following features are added to the Pro version:
- Landscape support is not added.
- Different alert colors are added.
iOS App Quick Started:
> By default, alerts are loading once the app is launched. Alerts are listed based upon "Date". Once alerts are loaded, you can select "Importance" on the top to list the alerts based upon the severity. Select any alert to see the alert details.
> Click on the Map tab and Alerts around the globe are listed. Zoom in/out and select any alert to see the latest weather information. Please notice alerts are being loaded dynamically, you can use "Refresh" button to refresh the latest alerts on the map. If you prefer to view alerts in different map type (Normal, Satellite, Hybrid and Flyover). Click on the "Map Type" to start to switch to different map type.
> Click on the Alert Categories/Filters to select all categories or one specific category, then only alerts for the selected category will be listed. Click on "Refresh" button on the Map view and only selected category will appear on the map.
> US NOAA Radar images will be loaded when the app is launched and will be refreshed every 10 minutes. And you are ready to see the latest real time radar images on the map. Zoom in and out to see the whether across multiple states. Click on the "Radar" button to enable/disable radar images. Slide the slider to change the transparency of radar images.
> To see the Alerts in 3D View, follow the steps below:
1. By default, Select the Map tab and 3D View is enabled and you should be able to see the Alerts in 3D View.
2. You can use two-fingers gesture to change viewing angles: zoom in/out, rotate, swipe up/down for 3D View
3. Click on any Alert and the app will automatically zoom into the alert area. Click on the information button to see the alert details.
Watch App Quick Started:
> Launch the Watch App and the app will communicate with the iOS App to get the nearest Alert information and also notify the iOS App to select and view the Alert. Click on the "Nearest Alert" button if you would like to search the nearest Alert again.
This app is the Next Generation of NOAA Alerts and NOAA Radar app by integrating the following technologies and data together:
- The latest Apple MapKit features such as Traffic, Buildings, POI and 3D Model
- Apple Watch Integration with iPhone.
- Apple TV integration (Universal Purchase: one purchase to get the app on iOS, Apple Watch and Apple TV)
- NOAA Alerts
- Real Time NOAA Radar
- Databases with built in information.
This app provides the following features:
- The first app to integrate both NOAA Alerts and the latest national Radar images together.
- The first app to provide NOAA Alerts and Radar images in 3D view.
- This app provides the Apple Watch Integration
- This app will provide Apple TV integration.
Ratings and Reviews
Making progress but still need enhancements.
UPDATED Comments in parentheses of my prior review. Thank you for quick update of last release. LOVE the new filtering enhancements.
1. Landscape support needed. Can only view in portrait view. (FIXED - thanks!)
2. Viewing categories below the main menu still not working on iPad pro on latest release. On the single cog at bottom in map view, I see the list but can't go beyond that. Same effect under settings - can't go beyond main categories to see items. Everything is greyed out.
3. Please add last view saved. (FIXED - thanks!)
4. NEW suggestion. Add contact support option from app. I can supply screen shots showing what problem I am having in item 2 above.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Jufen Chang
- 8.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 13.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Creative Mobile Apps
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.