The Ultimate Marine Weather Forecast App
SaltWeather (SaltWx) was designed by a saltwater fisherman and boat captain who felt the need for an app that eliminates having to jump between multiple weather forecast providers in order to determine if forecast sea conditions will be favorable.
To make it easier for boaters and fishermen to see if different forecast providers agree, SaltWx combined four of the most reliable ocean forecast models in one, convenient location. All you need to do is drag the marker to your desired location and click to obtain a forecast!
Our app also offers ocean floor contours, geospatial Chlorophyll-a concentrations and Sea Surface Temperatures gathered by NASA satellites, and current conditions reported by NOAA weather buoys and participating ships.
In short, SaltWx provides all of the information needed to make confident decisions on when and where to find fish!
> Important Weather Parameters
• Air Temperature
• Wind Speed
• Wind Direction
• Wave Height
• Wave Direction
• Wave Period
• Cloud Cover
> Four Weather Models:
• GFS by NOAA
• ICON by German Wx Service
• ECMWF by European Weather Centre
• WWO by world Weather
> Current Ocean Conditions from NOAA Buoys, stations, and ships
> Ocean Floor Contours¹
> Daily Chlorophyll-a Concentrations¹
> Daily Sea Surface Temperatures¹
¹Current version of SaltWx provides contours, chlorophyll and sea surface temperatures for the United States and parts of Canada and Mexico.
SaltWx Premium Subscription
- With SaltWx Premium subscription, you have access to all Important Weather Parameters like Air Temperature, Wind Speed, Wind Direction, Wave Height, Wave Direction, Wave Period, Cloud Cover. You can also use Four Weather Models like GFS by NOAA, ICON by German Wx Service, ICON by German Wx Service, WWO by world Weather.
- SaltWx Premium subscription is billed annually at the rate corresponding to the selected plan.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's account settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Ratings and Reviews
Easy and convenient
This app puts any weather an sea news right in the palm of your hand. There’s no need to spend hours searching for water temps and sea levels. This app gives you multiple different weather sources and sea measures. Overall a great purchase I am extremely impressed with the entire app.
Combination of 3 apps in one
I have a smaller boat and the weather is very important to determine a go / no go. It is really convenient and very simple to use. What a great app!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Piedmont Solutions, LLC
- 36.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Piedmont Solutions, LLC 2020
- In-App Purchases
- Yearly Subscriptions $39.99