Deep civilization-building strategy in a fast-paced card game!
There are many paths to victory in this competitive strategy boardgame featuring hundreds of cards ranging from great pyramids and war elephants to sneaky spies and crafty merchants. Perfectly balance your city’s culture, military, defense and economy to outwit your opponent and win!
"Age of Rivals feels like a breath of fresh air in an App Store drowning in more traditional collectible card games" - 148Apps.com - 5/5 stars
"...there's a depth here that other games of the same length can't emulate" - Pocket Gamer - Silver Award Winner
"Gameplay is fast, very fun, and requires both an overall strategy and turn-by-turn tactics to prevail." - Pocket Tactics
Age of Rivals was inspired by strategy boardgames and designed to be ideal for 1 or 2 players to play in 10 minutes with plenty of depth and replayability. It's the "anti-deckbuilding" CCG, where having only minimal control over your deck encourages endless variety in each game and puts the focus on in-the-moment tactical decision-making.
There are NO in-app purchases. All game content unlocks at a constant pace just by playing the game.
PLEASE check if your device is supported in the list below before purchasing:
- iPhone 5s and higher (not iPhone 5 or 5c)
- iPad Airs and iPad Pros (not iPad 1st/2nd/3rd/4th gen)
- iPad Mini 2 and higher
- iPod Touch 6th gen
- Play offline or online
- Play as 12 unique characters
- Earn over 200 cards with unique special abilities
- Single player vs a smart AI
- Single player challenge levels
- Local multiplayer (Pass and Play)
- Networked multiplayer (requires creating free online account)
- Ranked public matchmaking (requires creating free online account)
- Private friend matches (requires creating free online account)
- Alliances with other players (requires creating free online account)
- Monthly tournaments (requires creating free online account)
Improved performance and battery impact
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Reluctant, but happy
I choose my purchases carefully and enjoy board/card games very much. After playing this for several hours I am happy to say it was a good purchase.
It takes a little while to see how all the cards can work together but after playing the computer a few times you get the hang of it.
Very well thought strategy choices a long with absence of ‘direction’ by choosing a character make this a good choice for those looking to add to their card game fix. I’m a big fan of star realms so a quick strategy fix is right up my ally.
At first I liked the game, but the more I have played it the more I hate the randomness and the grind is really bad...
Did you win against a hard computer and think you should earn a decent amount of gold towards a pack? You have a 70% to get 40g, 20% chance to get 60, and 10% chance to get enough to get a pack. The grind is real with this game.
Have an ability that triggers when you play a card? If the computer plays one that triggers on play, theirs trigger first, and if that ability kills your card... then your ability never triggers because screw you. Yet another stupid rule.
Does the computer need 1 card to screw up everything you are doing on their last draft? 9 times out of ten they manage to get exactly what they need.
Round 2 & 3 are garbage because it’s random which of the 8 cards you get, this is the dumbest game mechanic ever... hey lets play D&D, you roll 8 die then at random the game will decide which dice count... stupid.
Round 4 is frustrating, because there is animation to put each card out then animation to tame each card away... it’s like watching a terrible PowerPoint presentation that is over animated.
Developer Response ,
Hi, I'm sorry you're not liking the game, but I did want to clarify some points. First, the grind is finite because there are only a fixed number of packs to collect and then you'll have all the content. It's not like most CCGs where you need infinite packs because you keep getting duplicate cards you already have. In this game, you always progress towards finishing and it only takes about 80 packs. Second, the computer does not have an unfair advantage. Cards always trigger in the order they were played, so earlier cards trigger first. If there's a tie, then it's a coin toss. And there is no manipulation of the draft. If it seems like the computer always gets the card they need, I believe that's our human nature to notice bad luck more often than good luck. You can read more about the how the AI is fair on the blog at www.darkinertia.com. Thanks!
Fast fun. Smart design.
I highly recommend this game to anyone considering it among the seemingly endless alternatives on the App Store. The truth is, however, that I have not come across anything else like this game. The multiplayer is fast and really well integrated. The UI and graphics work great together and facilitate allows the player to zone in and just play. No pay to win mechanics and a limited pool of improvements which is very quick to max out so the focus is all on the core gameplay which is really enjoyable and deep enough to keep your interest.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Vijay Myneni
- 174.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2017 Dark Inertia Studios LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.