Speak English confidently and clearly!
ELSA (English Language Speech Assistant) is an English Learning app that helps you with pronunciation and vocabulary to speak English confidently and clearly.
Over 10 MILLION+ students & working professionals from over 130+ countries have used ELSA’s award winning, artificially intelligent speech-recognition technology to learn English Speaking.
> ELSA can help you:
- Study English for IELTS exams, TOEFL, TOEIC exams and even for your ESL classes.
- Learn essential English conversations and phrases before you plan to travel or take a trip.
- Practice English related to your professional field to advance your career and speak fluent English.
> Discover Your Speaking Proficiency and Score!
- Take a speech test that’s written by world-class experts and receive a detailed report of your pronunciation strengths and weaknesses. Learning a new language is easy if you know what to focus on.
- Learn how to pronounce all English sounds effectively.
> Become Bilingual Quickly
- Learn English fast with an AI speech coach. Our AI will select the best bite-sized lessons to help you sound like a native speaker and help you with your English accent.
- Practice from over 1,600 lessons covering all English sounds and over 40 topics ranging from travel tips to job interviews for you to explore.
- Use ELSA’s English Dictionary to look up words and practice speaking them. You’ll be able to see how you compare to a native speaker and receive feedback to improve.
> Games & Speaking Challenges!
- Practice English conversations with fun language games that cover core English skills like pronunciation, grammar, word stress, rhythm, intonation, listening, and conversation.
- After you speak a phrase, within seconds you’ll be able to:
1) Compare your voice to a native speaker and their English accent
2) Receive instruction on how to correct yourself
3) Feedback on other sounds via IPA through the Advanced Feedback feature
4) Watch a video that shows you how to produce those challenging sounds.
- The secret to being bilingual is practicing in bite-sized amounts and receiving meaningful feedback along the way.
> Trusted by English Learners and Industry Experts
- Honorable Mention in the AI and Data category of Fast Company's 2020 World Changing Ideas Awards
- Top 100 Influencers in State of EdTech Report by EdTech Digest 2020
- Grand Winner at SXSWEdu Launch 2016
- Gold Winner for “The Best Digital Learning App” by Reimagine Education 2016
- #1 Education App on ProductHunt 2016
- Mentioned by TechCrunch, Forbes, Mashable, VentureBeat, Yahoo, Salma Hayek, and more
> ELSA Pro Subscription
Subscribe to ELSA Pro for premium lessons and features! ELSA Pro comes with great benefits such as:
- Access to 1,600+ bite-sized lessons and 40+ essential topics such as: American Culture, Travel 101, Job Interviews, Everyday English Conversations, Basic English Phrases and much more!
- Customized training to improve your pronunciation.
- Tracking tools to help you see your progress in all essential speaking skills.
Payment will be charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions will automatically renew unless canceled 24 hours prior to the end of your current subscription. To cancel your subscription, manage auto-renewal settings in your iTunes account.
Connect With Us
Terms of Service: http://elsaspeak.com/terms
ELSA just got technical updates, bug fixes and performance improvements, to give you a better recording experience. If you're enjoying this app, please leave us a review. Have suggestions? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Great at telling you what no one else would
I have lived in the US for over 36 years, but I came when I was around 13. I’ve always been subconscious about the slight accent that I had. When you try to get rid of it, you run into an issue at some point, you sound mostly acceptable and most people are too polite to point out little things you are still saying a bit incorrectly. This app is great at catching these moments. A perfect example was my pronunciation of the word “world”. I always had trouble with this one and the app recommended I replace “OR” with just “R” or “ER” to make it easier. Like magic, the word that I had trouble with for 26 years now requires no effort. While I might not have needed to pay for this app, I chose to buy a one year subscription after the trial period ended just to show my appreciation. Great idea!
Price Scam - don’t pay subscription
To be honest, the accuracy of the app doesn’t work as what they advertise (sometimes u just need to pretend to read like an elementary school student rather than a native adult), but what really frustrated me was their subscription price inconsistency.
I bought yearly subscription in app by $117, but when I checked my account at apple, there is a $40 yearly subscription choice. So I paid like 3 times to get a subscription which is a joke. I tried to switch myself to $40 which works but also cancelled my previous $117 subscription — so I paid total $157. What’s worse, they also provide $98 for “lifetime” subscription, which is cheaper than in app purchase to upgrade your Pro subscription. When I wrote the letter to reflect the issue, they just said I can only pay $117, and refuse to let me use $98 for lifetime. Unless I just spend “additional $98”.
The whole conversation process with customer support just made me even more frustrated because Elsa doesn’t own the responsibility of the price inconsistency (we are not taking about $20 dollar gap but 3 times around $90 dollar gap). They just want you to pay as high as possible and hide certain information from customers. I don’t mind paying at all. But I refuse to be an idiot.
This app is giving me hopes
I never thought I would be able to get rid of my strong Chinese accent. My accent has made me depressed and felt less about myself. I think I have good knowledge of English language but my accent usually holds me back. Then I discovered this app. It helped me identify issues with my pronunciation that I was not aware of. Now I’m obsessed with this app and practice with it everyday. There’s already a vast improvement with my speech. Now I’m feeling hopeful that I will be able to sound like a native speaker in no time. This app is changing my life for the better. I’m so glad that I discovered it.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- ELSA, Corp.
- 141.8 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Hindi, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 ELSA, Corp
- In-App Purchases
- 1 year $129.99
- 1 year $109.99
- 3 months $49.99
- Monthly $11.99
- 1 year $37.99
- 3 months $39.99
- 3 months $25.99
- 3 months $25.99
- 3 months $25.99
- 1 year $74.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.