Tap Forms 5 is the digital filing cabinet for life’s scattered details. Now with Scripting and Siri Shortcuts support!
Accounts, recipes, expenses, inventory — life is full of things that we don’t want to forget or misplace. Tap Forms 5 helps you organize all kinds of things in one place — secure, searchable, and accessible on your iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch (Mac app sold separately).
How can one app organize everything? Because not only can you use and customize the more than 30 built-in templates but you can create your own “forms” for inputting any kind of information, even if that information includes pictures, doodles, audio recordings, calculations, file attachments, ratings, or even links to other forms. This makes it almost like building your very own customized organization app.
• Capture your way: Snap a picture, type or scribble some text, record an audio note, scan a barcode — there are 23 different types of information that can be captured with Tap Forms
• Organize your way: Create and design custom forms exactly how you want to for optimal organization. Get started with one of our ready-to-go form templates, or easily make a custom one from scratch with our integrated form building tools.
• Store confidential data with confidence: Tap Forms' security settings let you optionally require a password or a Touch ID scan, and even auto-lock when idle for a custom period of time. Using AES encryption, you can rest easy knowing your data is safe and secure.
• Import, Export, Share: It’s easy to import your data from existing files, so getting started is a breeze. Import your data from text, CSV, Bento and more. One-tap exporting allows you to share with Mac, Windows, and Linux users.
• Siri Shortcuts let you record a voice command to execute any Form script.
• Multi-column (table) view of your records.
• AirDrop records to your nearby contacts.
• Sync with Tap Forms for iOS and Mac using iCloud, IBM Cloudant, Nearby (WiFi), or with your own Apache CouchDB sync server.
• Saved search rules with multi-field record filtering
• Built-in Backup & Restore
• 1Password Extension integration for logging into your Cloudant sync account.
• Document Picker support for accessing iCloud and other document service providers.
• Pick lists for quick data entry
• AES-256 bit encryption
• Import & Export standard CSV files from Excel, Numbers, or other systems
• Print record details
• Lightning fast search
• Share form templates with friends, family, and co-workers
• Notify you of things that need your attention using alerts
• Barcode scanning of UPC/EAN and QR codes (iOS only)
Store 25 different types of information, such as:
• Link to form (relational links between forms)
• Inverse relationships
• File Attachment with multi-file support
• Email address
• GPS location
• Date & time
• Web site address
• Check mark
• Audio notes (record on iOS, playback on Mac)
• Drawings (draw on iOS, view on Mac)
• Phone number
• Section headings
Includes more than 30 built-in forms, including:
• Audio dictation
• Bank accounts
• Client call log
• Credit & debit cards
• Daily journal
• Frequent flyer numbers
• Health insurance
• Homework assignments
• Loyalty cards
• Personal health cards
• Security alarm codes
• Serial numbers
• Vehicle insurance
• Website accounts
• Wine collection
• Fixed an issue with Nearby Sync stopping sync when Tap Forms goes to the background, but not starting up again when it comes to the foreground until you close and re-open the document.
• Fixed an issue where a 'dummy cell' could display on the record edit screen for a Table field if you hid a field.
• Fixed an issue where the New Record command didn't work from the record edit screen when you were editing the contents of a Table field's record.
If you enjoy using Tap Forms and have a couple of spare minutes, please leave a review. I really appreciate every review. Each one makes a huge difference to the success and continued development of Tap Forms. Thanks in advance! - Brendan
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Wait, I haven't written a review about TapForms yet? impossible, it's only my most used app, ever since the first iPhone or whenever this app was first offered for sale. It started as my password holder, but over the years it has grown and blossomed like the phone itself. I was using this app way back when it had a crappy icon, yeah I've been a fan since before Brendan was famous. TapForms now is a daily user for me and indexing every kind of note, document, folder and all those passwords. So many passwords.
Behind all the great design and functionality is Brendan, the dev team and owner all in one. Over the years, I've come to Brendan for help with how to do this or do that, and he's always been there, always in a timely manner. I'm not really doing this app justice either, because I use about 20% of what it can do. It can organize just about everything digital and keep it safe. It doesn't get any better than that.
The take away here is that Brendan has created and continues to improve an app that is more than worth the price of purchase, whichever operating system you use. In the era of online protection, TapForms holds its own against the best of them.
The most useful app on my phone!
I moved over to TAP firms when Apple stopped supporting Bento. I’ve been keeping tack of my craft supplies since the Palm Pilot days. I was able to easily import the data from Bento into TAP forms, and I’ve been using it ever since- on my laptop, iPad and of course, my iPhone. I have every stamp set, die cut set, Copic market, craft idea book, sewing pattern and all my crafts cataloged so I always know what I have to avoid duplicate purchases. Since I also have pictures of each item, I can quickly scroll through and find a particular item quickly. Most recently, after cleaning out my closet during COVID, I started logging my wardrobe so when I am able to go out shopping again (or shopping online from my couch), I’ll know exactly what I have on hand and what size it is. Again, since I added pictures, I can quickly pull together outfits. I was trying to use Stylebook for this, but TAP forms is easier since I already know how to use it plus this app is regularly updated unlike other apps for tracking your wardrobe.
Over the last few years I’ve tried out various apps to use for inventory at a school. Most apps with these features have a subscription model which is not appealing once you add up how much you’d spend to keep it accessible. Almost every inventory app has the subscription model... and they are not cheap! This one does not have a subscription model! For this alone it is worth it. If you compare features and price... you’ll see this is a winner.
The barcode scanning is not the best I’ve used, but is certainly not the worst. No Google Drive integration, and finding out how to use it is a bit of a task until you watch their tutorial videos a few times. It’s a little tough to navigate their website to find out how to use the app, so some parts of the app are still confusing to me after a few days of use. These are my biggest complaints, but overall this app has a lot of capability and I’m very impressed. Easily worth the money spent. I’ve already set up my database and have logged over 100 items so far after only a few days I’ve got it set up just right.
This app doesn’t seem to break a lot of your database is viewed if you choose to rename something, or re-organize how it’s viewed (some apps do this). Lots of solid options. I’d like to see Apple’s Shortcuts integration, as well as Google Drive support, although iCloud has been working out great!
Great Job on the app! It’s saving me a lot of time and headache so far!
- Tap Zapp Software Inc.
- 63.4 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 and watchOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Tap Zapp Software Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.