Reef Life is the most comprehensive marine identification app available in the iOS app store.
Reef Life now boasts 2,435 species, from 17 categories, that are fully documented and professionally photographed (3,300+).
This app is perfect for divers, snorkelers and aquarium enthusiast that would like to not only identify, but learn about our salt water friends.
Reef Life has GPS coordinates of more than 200 internally defined oceanic regions and sub regions. This update allows user to experience a much simplified process with the identification of species based on a specific location.
- You can select from 31 pre-defined menu based regions, examples “Caribbean Sea”, or “Australia, tropical” or “West coast United States” and see the species only from that region.
- You can manual drop “pins” on a location in our interactive map and search for species in that exact location. You can save as many searches as you wish in your “myPlaces” folder.
- You can even select the “species in my current location” option to see only the species which are located within in your current location.
Reef Life now offers users the ability to add their own species to the app. This includes the ability to:
- Add all details and images to each species
- You can also edit or update details of user created species.
3D Touch users can access all features quickly, as well as utilize our new "zoom view" on the image page. Press a location on the image you will see a zoom of just that spot.
Each menu can be toggled to display presented species either in a list view format or as a grid view, depending on individual preferences.
This advancement significantly simplifies the process of identifying marine life animals
Marine Life Conservation and Education are a priority as well. There are two major sections, 50+ pages covering all matters education and conservation.
*** As required by scuba divers *** This app is fully self contained and does not require an internet connection, making this the perfect buddy while on boats or in remote dive locations.
Fixed issue with Search feature
Made improvements to "My Places" on iPads
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect app for divers and snorkelers
Although I have some of the other apps, I wanted to have this app as it has all species in a single app.
I really like the new location features as this helps me find animals in a specific location. I use the Species in my Current Location feature all the time.
I had one issue with the previous version as it listed all fishes (example) in one list, but the latest update fixed that where I can now select types of fish to display, example Wrasse (or any animal group).
This app is great for anyone wanting to learn about the animals they see.
- Reef Life Apps LLC
- 891.4 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © Reef Life Apps
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.