Timestamp Camcorder: GPS, Maps 4+
Show speedometer,time in video
- Offers In-App Purchases
Blend maps, speed, time, position, compass and more into your action video
Timestamp Video Camera renders instrument displays for map, speed, GPS location, altitude, g-force, compass, time, date, timestamp and many more directly into your action video movie at the time it is recorded with your built-in camera. Timestamp Video Camera turns your device into the ultimate action camera. It does not only display these instrument on screen, but it renders them into the MPEG-4 video. These 'head up display' instruments are configurable and freely movable and scalable within the video frame.
► Applications of Timestamp Video Camera
You can use Timestamp Video Camera during sports or wherever you want to prove your map position, speed, g-force, GPS location, position, altitude, heading, compass, duration, distance, roll, pitch, date, time, timestamp in an recorded action video. Typical sports are: Car racing (on-board-camera), mountain biking, skating, skiing, sailing, hiking, surfing, flying, kiting or any other fast moving action sports activities.
► Available instruments for Timestamp Video Camera
• Speed : Graphical instrument displaying your current speed
• Map : Graphical instrument displaying current position in a map (satellite or native)
• Heading : Graphical instrument displaying current magnetic compass heading angle; relative to true north
• Course : Graphical instrument displaying current movement course vector; relative to north
• Roll/Pitch : Graphical instrument displaying roll and pitch of your camera
• G-Force : Graphical instrument displaying horizontal and vertical G-Forces experienced by your cam
• Date : Current date
• Time : Current time
• Speed : Current speed as text display
• DateTime : Current date and time as 1-or 2-line text display
• GPS Position : GPS coordinates of your location as 1-or 2-line text display
• Course : Course angle of current movement heading vector of your camera relative to true north
• Heading : Compass angle of your cam heading view vector of your camera relative to north
• Altitude : Altitude based on GPS
• Distance : Distance traversed since start. Can be reset in ‘Settings’ by the user anytime
• Duration : Duration passed since start. Can be reset in ‘Settings’ by the user anytime
► Further infos for Timestamp Video Camera
• Video recorder movie format: MPEG-4 720p
• Supports video recording in landscape & portrait
• Instruments are freely movable and scalable
• GPS and Gyro are used to update telemetry data in realtime
• Supports metric, imperial and nautical units
• Supports iPhone and iPad
• Audio recording is supported. In order to playback audio from other apps switch off audio recording before app start
• Since GPS, gyroscope, camera, movie encoding and graphics are simultaneously used the app is very battery demanding
► Further notes for Timestamp Video Camera
Please rate and review every new version of the app in the app store!
Any feedback and/or improvement feature requests are highly welcome.
The Pro-Version contains all In-App-Purchases of the free Version and is ad-free.
Ratings and Reviews
Please add feature for both cameras!
If you can update to allow me to flip cameras that would be amazing! I would totally give this app 5 stars gladly then. Doesn’t do me any good to watch myself when ripping. My new mount blocks rear camera so I need to use my front camera and can flip my mount inside out. It’s hard to explain just please add a camera flip option, PLEASE!
Won’t record, restart app
I purchased app upgrade and it says “Could not start recording. Please restart app.” So frustrating! I have tried restarting, deleting and reinstalling app, same result. So frustrating!
Update: I have changed my rating from one star to five stars. I have an iPhone 7 and changed a camera video setting to 720p which seems to have solved the recording issue. I successfully used the app at two autocross events in the past month and the app worked great! Stable video, good audio quality. The ability to overlay speed, g-force, etc. made it much better than our Go-Pro! In addition, the app developer responded to my complaint and said there is an update coming soon that addresses my problem. Thank you, Christian Neubauer!
Developer Response ,
We have fixed the issue in Version 2.04. It will be released within the next few days. Thanks for reporting !
This app does just about everything I need for a fraction of the price of action cam. If it could connect to my heart rate monitor in the health app and you could overlay a second image, I would give it six stars. Cheers to the developers and look forward to seeing new features soon.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Christian Neubauer
- 16.7 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2023 IBN Software
- In-App Purchases
- Action Cam - GPS, Speed Pro $4.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.