Simple, intuitive, playful, powerful and innovator...
We present to you Fonofone, an application for musical creation education developed specifically for the school environment by renowned composers and pedagogues. Adaptable to any grade from preschool to high school, Fonofone allows a global path through the basic techniques of composition, from generating sounds to constructing the layout of a collective project and its interpretation.
Ideal at school, Fonofone will also satisfy the creative thirst of any individual user in search of original and innovative tools to be used as much for developing new sound materials than for live performance. Fonofone appeals to all creatives desiring to go off the beaten tracks.
• 114 VARIED SOUNDS
Discover Fonofone’s sounds by picking in one of our 9 categories!
• A BLANK PAGE
Chose sounds among the ones available, or use your own recordings directly in the app or the ones you have imported. Place the necessary tools for your creative needs on the blank workspaces available to you. You are now ready!
• EXPLORE AND TRANSFORM INDEFINITELY
With one or many fingers, transpose, stretch, fragment, reverse, filter your sounds to the limit of your creative imagination.
• RECORD THE NEW SOUND
A buffer-memory of 20 seconds allows you to record all your gestures in real time. Name this new sound and reinsert it into your session to continue transforming it. You can also export it towards more applications with AudioCopy.
• SAVE YOUR SESSION
Create as many sessions as you want all at once and jump from one to the other without any sound interruption.
• A POWERFUL INSTRUMENT FOR LIVE PERFORMANCE
Integrate Fonofone to your band to add an electroacoustic touch to your live performance.
• AN APPLICATION IN TWO MODES: FONOFONE AND FONOFONE MAESTRO/STUDENT
Try the application individually or in the Maestro/student pedagogical mode, specifically developed for teaching (available upon subscription – see www.fonofone.org for more details-)
- Gives access to a great number of pedagogical resources for sound creation teaching.
- Allows you to upload activities simply and quickly into the iPads of your students.
- Offers control functionalities over all the iPads in the class.
Fonofone is a production of COSIMU, a non-profit based in Montreal, Canada. Our mission is to develop the youth’s sense of wonder, curiosity and imaginary, by conceiving innovative approaches as well as intuitive and innovative tools for creation. The application was designed by the composer and pedagogue Yves Daoust, in collaboration with the digital instrument-maker and artist, Alexandre Burton.
We would love to know what you think of Fonofone. Share your comments or simply say hi via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or to email@example.com.
* Fonofone is supported partially on iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad Mini and iPhone 4s. Certain functionalities have been removed to insure the app’s efficiency.
New features :
• Improved filter.
• For the pedagogical platform users : access to remote sound banks, support multiple classes, better support for English language.
Ratings and Reviews
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.