The official iPhone, iPad and Apple TV app for SecuritySpy. The essential component of a complete video surveillance system for your Mac, iPhone, iPad and Apple TV, this app allows you to easily monitor your CCTV system from wherever you are.
This iOS app offers the following free features:
- Live video and two-way audio from your cameras
- Receive push notifications when motion is detected
- Control PTZ (Pan, Tilt, Zoom) for cameras with these features
- Save or share images from your cameras via email, iMessage, iCloud Photo Sharing and more
- Arm or disarm camera recording modes
- Easy setup with auto-discovery of SecuritySpy servers on your network
- View and manage multiple SecuritySpy servers
Additionally, there is an in-app purchase to add the following features:
- Multiplex: cycle through groups of simultaneous live camera views in full screen
- Captures: play back previously-captured footage from all your cameras, including motion-detected clips, image files or whole-day movies
This in-app purchase is a one-time payment that covers ALL devices linked to your account.
Please note you will need a Mac running SecuritySpy 4.0.8 or newer (www.securityspy.com), with a SecuritySpy software license that covers the number of cameras you want to use in the app. In addition, push notifications and two-way audio require iOS 10.
We are always happy to hear your feedback, so please get in touch if you have any suggestions for future updates.
- Fixed a crash when saving images on iOS 11.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Problem with captured files
Generally, this has been a good tool for quickly accessing my security spy server both remotely and from the sofa.
My biggest issue has been playing back and viewing captures files. I continuously capture all my cameras 24-7 with a new file starting every hour on the hour. However, when I go to review captured files from the app, I can only view the first 4m 45 seconds of the video. That’s not helpful if I’m looking for an event that occurred later in the hour. Sometimes I’ll receive an alert that motion was detected, but I’ll need to wait until I can access the server directly to be able to see the recordings. This is really frustrating and stressful if I suspect something needs my attention immediately.
Issues with latest update
Had been working flawlessly prior to the latest update on my iPhone. Now when you rotate screen to horizontal position when viewing camera it does not work, search for audio and video files retrieves no files from server when they exist, and date picker is scrambled when viewing.
App is really maturing! When perusing video captures, I’d still like to see the last viewed video highlighted, so I can keep track of where I am in the list—maybe even provide a favorites toggle. It would also be great if captures could be saved to my photos. Lastly, a means for setting a maximum upload speed to the ftp server would be appreciated, as my broadband has slow upload and SecuritySpy often hogs it—VOIP service is interrupted during these times. Thanks, Ben!
Developer Response ,
Hello, please try the latest release of this app and of SecuritySpy itself, and email us at email@example.com if you are having any problems playing back recorded movies.
- Ben Software Ltd
- 21.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2018 Ben Software Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Multiplex & Captures $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.