Comet is the ultimate way to browse reddit. Fast, yet beautiful. Functionally robust, but remarkably intuitive. With a forward looking iOS-compliant design and navigation, zero corporate meddling, and advanced alien technology, it's the most sophisticated reddit app to date.
With hundreds of individually crafted features, no corner of Comet has been left unloved. Here are few of the highlights:
DISCOVER NEW CONTENT:
- Beautiful post layouts bring content to life
- Autoplay gifs inline
- Infinitely scroll through subreddits
- Collapse and expand comments with a tap or a slide
- Scroll infinitely without hiccup
- Full markdown support
- Search reddit posts and subreddits
- Intuitively filter search
- View pictures, loop gifs, and watch videos all without leaving the app
- Save and share quickly
READ AND REPLY:
- Keep your inbox in check with swipe actions
- Read and reply to comments and private messages
- Compose messages, comments, and posts with a remarkably robust markdown editor
- Upload images to imgur.com for use in posts and comments
SUBSCRIBE AND SITBACK:
- Manage all of your subreddit subscriptions with a single tap
- Maintain a list of favorite subreddits across devices
- Unified list of subreddits, multireddits, and users
THEME TO YOUR HEART'S CONTENT:
- Pick from five beautifully detailed themes (White, Dark, Black, Blue, and Sepia)
- Switch between four post layouts (Super Compact, Titles, Thumbnails, Previews)
- Customize over 30+ app settings
MORE ACCOUNTS LESS PROBLEMS:
- Add an unlimited amount of accounts
- View your upvoted, downvoted, gilded, and saved posts
- Manage hidden posts
- Tag users across reddit
- Subscribe to users
FEATURES FROM THE FUTURE:
- Timetravel by swiping on the bottom bar
- Quickly jump to any subreddit from anywhere by tapping the large title
New features are added all the time so make sure to stay updated by subscribing to r/Comet.
- Updated the app to support iOS 13 features
- Dark mode now activates with the system dark mode
- Fixed bug causing app to freeze when returning from background
- Fixed stutter when scrolling through action sheet
- ‘Create’ Comment, Post, and Message views now appear on top of background
- Performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app but a very annoying problem
The ui and smoothness of this app is great but there's one thing that makes this app really annoying for me. There's no option to disable the swipe to upvote function, which is especially annoying when viewing comments because I can't swipe back to the previous screen without readjusting my grip to reach the very edge of the screen. Also there is no feature to rearrange subreddits for quicker access which I use everyday in Apollo. If these two things are fixed this would be my favorite app.
Edit: they implemented full screen swipe back so that fixes that problem! Still can't rearrange subreddits.
Developer Response ,
The latest update added customizable swipe actions and a full screen swipe back! Hopefully that helps with your use case.
I’m looking into expanding on how Comet handles favorites. I’ve gotten quite a few suggestions wanting sortable and more accessible favorites. I’ll keep you updated!
The New King
I’ve tried them all, literally every current Reddit client on the App Store. I switched back and forth between Narwhal and Apollo for the longest time; but no more.
Comet looks and feels like a native iOS app. It’s not feature filled like the others, but it has everything you need in a Reddit client. It also not riddled with bugs like the competition. Plus, ad-free for free? What modern app gives you quality and no ads for free?
Comet is definitely one of the better Reddit clients. It has a ton of customization features and takes advantage of some useful swipe and tap gestures. My only complaint is when switching profiles. It’s pretty hidden and takes about 5 steps to get to it. It’d be a lot better if it was just a button on the bottom of the account page titled “Switch Account” that brought up a choose menu similar to the one in the default reddit app. That’s literally my only complaint.
- Aaron Kovacs
- 41.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2019 Aaron Kovacs
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.