Comet is the ultimate way to browse reddit. Fast, yet beautiful. Functionally robust, but remarkably intuitive. With a forward looking iOS-compliant design and navigation, zero corporate meddling, and advanced alien technology, it's the most sophisticated reddit app to date.
With hundreds of individually crafted features, no corner of Comet has been left unloved. Here are a few of the highlights:
DISCOVER NEW CONTENT:
- Beautiful post layouts bring content to life
- Autoplay gifs inline
- Infinitely scroll through subreddits
- Collapse and expand comments with a tap or a slide
- Scroll infinitely without hiccup
- Full markdown support
- Search reddit posts and subreddits
- Intuitively filter search
- View pictures, loop gifs, and watch videos all without leaving the app
- Save and share quickly
READ AND REPLY:
- Keep your inbox in check with swipe actions
- Read and reply to comments and private messages
- Compose messages, comments, and posts with a remarkably robust markdown editor
- Upload images to imgur.com for use in posts and comments
SUBSCRIBE AND SITBACK:
- Manage all of your subreddit subscriptions with a single tap
- Maintain a list of favorite subreddits across devices
- Unified list of subreddits, multireddits, and users
THEME TO YOUR HEART'S CONTENT:
- Pick from five beautifully detailed themes (White, Dark, Black, Blue, and Sepia)
- Switch between four post layouts (Super Compact, Titles, Thumbnails, Previews)
- Customize over 60+ app settings
MORE ACCOUNTS LESS PROBLEMS:
- Add an unlimited amount of accounts
- View your upvoted, downvoted, gilded, and saved posts
- Manage hidden posts
- Tag users across reddit
- Subscribe to users
FEATURES FROM THE FUTURE:
- Timetravel by swiping on the bottom bar
- Quickly jump to any subreddit from anywhere by tapping the large title
New features are added all the time so make sure to stay updated by subscribing to r/Comet.
- Added support for reddit galleries
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app but a very annoying problem
The ui and smoothness of this app is great but there's one thing that makes this app really annoying for me. There's no option to disable the swipe to upvote function, which is especially annoying when viewing comments because I can't swipe back to the previous screen without readjusting my grip to reach the very edge of the screen. Also there is no feature to rearrange subreddits for quicker access which I use everyday in Apollo. If these two things are fixed this would be my favorite app.
Edit: they implemented full screen swipe back so that fixes that problem! Still can't rearrange subreddits.
Developer Response ,
The latest update added customizable swipe actions and a full screen swipe back! Hopefully that helps with your use case.
I’m looking into expanding on how Comet handles favorites. I’ve gotten quite a few suggestions wanting sortable and more accessible favorites. I’ll keep you updated!
Sleek, beautiful and a delight to use, I’m switching from other 3rd party apps to this one and I’m not regretting the decision!
I just wish I could switch to my favorite subreddits right from the home tab, without having to go to my subscriptions tab. And a search icon at the top bar of the subreddit instead of being hidden in the options would be really nice too! (But I know I can just use the search tab and restrict to a subreddit) but other than that, really an amazing app!
Good app, some suggestions
Honestly this app has so much potential. Not to mention it’s already quite good. Won’t use it as much though since it’s lacking some features.
1) The commenting interface is okay. Doesn’t compete with Apollo. You can select(highlight and select) portions of comments and quote them in Apollo. You can also highlight your own text and automatically bold or italicize it. Very useful if you don’t remember the syntax required for these actions.
2) I would love if when you go to the profile icon, the overview generated right under the “history” option. Maybe a page break and then the overview under. Way to much navigation to get to the overview right now.
3) Also a bug - after searching something and deleting the text and refreshing the search page. The very same search results still hang around. Up until the next search
4) Would love for the upvote/downvote and comment buttons to be moved under. It’s sort of an Inconvenience to keep them up top. They also act as a page break.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Aaron Kovacs
- 48.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2020 Aaron Kovacs
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.