This goniometer tool can be used to measure angles at various times in a video. Designed for rehabilitation professionals.
• Capture new videos or import existing videos from your library
• Step frame-by-frame through a video, or drag the slider to seek to a specific time
• Select points and drag them into place
• Lines and angle measurements automatically appear, connecting the points
• Repeat with more frames, points, and angles
• Export to spreadsheet (.xlsx format) for further calculations and analysis (note that there are multiple worksheets - one with raw point coordinates, and one with angle measurements)
Make sure to capture your video directly perpendicular to your subject, with the camera level in all planes, and without panning the camera.
The display of angle labels can be turned on/off in the app's preferences, found in the Settings app.
App developer: Nathaniel J. Cochran, in collaboration with Regina Harbourne
Supported by Duquesne University, Physical Therapy Dept. in the Rangos School of Health Sciences
Developed in part to support a grant from the Institute of Education Sciences, US Dept. of Education
This version fixes a small bug that prevented some users from being able to use the camera to take in-app videos.
Ratings and Reviews
Best goniometer app I've ever used
Ideal for quick and easy angle measurement. Flexibility training is much more rewarding now that I can track my progress with the help of this app! I definitely prefer using this rather than a plastic goniometer. I recommend it to high tech yogis or anyone going through orthopedic recovery.
Brief issue Quickly Resolved by Developer’s Response Time
Just started using this app to help determine flexibility for myself and my daughter (a competitive gymnast) and looking to track our progress. Had brief issue with angles not being displayed on app. However, with 5 minutes of contacting developer, I received a response directing me to go to my phone settings, then Angles app, and turn on (or for me turn off and on) the Display Angles option. Now it works beautifully.
At first I was a little disappointed that it uses only videos. However, it was extremely useful when looking at a video of a “gymnastics routine” and being able to find the exact frame(s) to measure flexibility/angles for several different frames throughout the 90sec video.
Thanks for a great app!
Go into settings and turn the angles display off and back on if the angle measurements don’t display for you right away.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Nathaniel Cochran
- 22.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Nathaniel Joseph Cochran
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.