Featured by Apple, Forbes as "New Apps We Love", "Finance for Happy Couples", "Inspiring Stories & "Best Tech Apps To Help You Save & Invest", Honeydue is the best personal finance app for couples. Track your balances, budgets and bills together - and engage in meaningful conversations about your habits and goals.
• Mission Lane recently acquired Honeydue to support couples and families in their credit journeys.
• Introducing Joint Banking by Honeydue, a modern digital bank account designed for couples. Each of you and your partner gets your own account number and debit card on top of a shared balance. Track your budget in real time and get on the same page. Enroll for a joint bank account today.
• Choose how much you share with your partner.
• See all of your bank account balances in one place, neatly organized.
• Set monthly household spending limits on each category, and get notified when you and your partner are nearing it.
• Add your own custom categories.
• Get reminded you when it's time to pay your bills.
• Send a thumbs up to encourage your partner's spending habits, or choose from 18 other emojis.
• Ask your partner about that mysterious purchase.
• Divvy up expenses, and square up with your partner when the time is right.
• Automatic categorization of all your spending, or setup custom categories.
• Support most banks in the US.
• Bank level security for your peace of mind: Your data is encrypted in storage and in transit.
• SSL/TLS, passcode & TouchID, and multi-factor authentication.
• See the big picture and argue less about the little things.
• Free up your time from financial chores and go enjoy your day!
• It's FREE!
Any questions or feedback? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General performance improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Been using Honeydue for a little over two years now - SO valuable for my wife and I to manage our spending and budget. I tried all of the other apps and this one works best for us. Here’s how we use it:
- we have all of our accounts linked, including some manually added accounts (like physical cash to keep track of)
- we assign transactions to either spending or earnings, under one of the 20 categories we built out. Any cc bills or transfers between accounts are in the transfer sections.
- here’s where we become power users (and why Honeydue is awesome): we are often netting out spending with earnings in one category, like covering dinner with friends and lumping the vemnos received in one category. Being able to do that, plus split the expense into multiple categories, is HUGE. what’s even better is editing transaction dates to match reimbursable expenses across different months.
- once all transactions are properly accounted for, we upload the month’s data to an excel spreadsheet (since there are some limitations on history within the app, and sometimes the data gets refreshed and reorganized every 4-5 months). Not a huge deal to us, given price point and no other app doing what Honeydue can.
-we don’t utilize the bills, activity, split expenses, or chat features
By doing it this way we are able to track spending over years as well as make sure we are getting paid back on returns, cancellations, refunds, IOUs, etc. we love Honeydue for that!
Good foundation, lacking upkeep, troubling signs
Started using in June 2022. UX and most features are well designed and easy to use. Able to add most major accounts via integration with Finicity, Plaid, etc. Default categories are a nice balance of comprehensive and simple.
However, this app seems to be suffering from some back-end issues and a curious lack of user support that seems to be degrading over time. Even back when I first joined there were some outdated and stale websites for major banks and financial institutions that caused some account adding/syncing challenges. At first the support team was great about responding to issues and trying to resolve sync errors. But recent “updates” have removed features that would seem to be relatively critical (RIP Tip Jar and Support Chat). Even more worrying, in the last couple months the support team seems to have gone completely dark. Haven’t received any response to multiple messages to their support email, not even an auto-acknowledgement.
As a former Honeyfi/Firstly user before they shut down their consumer app, Honeydue seems to be showing similar pre-shutdown signals. Hope I’m wrong, but won’t be surprised if this app goes away within the year. Sad and frustrating given the lack of communication or explanation for these ominous changes.
All Hype - Glitchy w/ No Tech Support
I was so excited for my husband and I to get all our accounts in one place so we could keep better track of spending by category. We just got married, we have some rental property, and he’s self-employed, so we have several different accounts at different institutions that serve different purposes. Seemed great for the first two days, and I was having a great time sorting historical expenses and customizing categories. Then it lost touch with our primary bank. I emailed support multiple times, got ambiguous answers, with the final one being, “This is impacting a lot of other users … Want me to contact you again when/if we get an update?” What?! Your app has access to all of our personal financial information, it’s had some sort of connectivity glitch for almost two full weeks, and you’ll “keep checking” to see if there’s ever a solution?? We also hadn’t been able to sync my husband’s auto loan account from the beginning, which is with a major financial institution that should’ve been available but was “currently unable to connect.” Maybe those are little bugs that can be worked out quickly, but it’s hard for me to trust a FinTech company that can’t figure out basic app functionality over the course of 10 full business days.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- WalletIQ, Inc.
- 123.5 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, French, Hindi, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 WalletIQ, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Tip $0.99 $0.99
- Monthly Tip $1.99 $1.99
- Monthly Tip $4.99 $4.99
- Monthly Tip $2.99 $2.99
- Monthly Tip $3.99 $3.99
- Monthly Tip $5.99 $5.99
- Monthly Tip $9.99 $9.99
- Monthly Tip $7.99 $7.99
- Monthly Tip $6.99 $6.99
- Monthly Tip $8.99 $8.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.