Keep track of time without being distracted by the device!
Extremely simple and easy timer that fires periodically.
- Many sounds to select + the ability to add custom ones.
- Up to 4 Quick Start items.
- Days, hours, minutes and seconds.
- Vibration, if sound is off.
- Works in the background.
- 3 timer output modes: intervals, total time, countdown.
- You can cancel or pause the timer with a notification.
- Flexibility and minimalism.
- Kitchen Mode. Cancel or pause the timer by shaking the device!
Here is a list of known use cases based on the real feedback:
Fitness and health:
- Stationary bicycle (interval training)
- On a treadmill
- For HIIT
- Timed medication
- While frying potatoes
- Roasting steaks
- Checking an over or a grill to prevent burning
Learning & science
- Foreign language learning
- As a lab timer
- Periodic data collection
- Speech training
- Presentation timing
- Pick up
- To have a sense of time flying away :)
Q: Why the timer doesn't work in the background?
A: You should allow notifications.
Q: How to turn off the sound and turn on the vibration?
A: On the device, turn the Silent Mode on. (Side Switch)
Q: How can I add a custom sound?
A: There are three ways. Chose one depending where is the sound file located.
* If the sound on your Mac or PC:
1. Connect the device.
2. Open Finder and select the device.
3. Select Files in the menu. There you'll find 'Periodic +' folder.
4. Drug and drop the sound file there.
* From Files app on iPhone:
1. Copy the required file.
2. Open Periodic + folder and paste it.
* From another app on iPhone (like Mail):
1. Open the app were is the file located.
2. Find and touch Share button (it may have different name, for example Export).
3. In the appearing window find the list of apps. If there is no Periodic +, touch More and enable it.
4. Now select Periodic + in the Share dialog and the sound will be imported.
Q: Alert is limited for 5 seconds!
A: Go to Settings app, then Periodic Timer > Notifications > Banner Style > Persistent.
Q: How to switch the Timer Output Mode?
A: To switch the Output Mode touch the timer display at the top of the screen.
Q: What is Kitchen Mode?
A: Kitchen allows to start/cancel the timer by shaking the device. Thus, you don't touch the screen, what can be useful while cooking, for example. The app should be open.
This app has a free version with limited features.
If you still have questions or suggestions, you can visit the support page (https://goo.gl/forms/pggVBcaBxdW85EGE3), the Facebook group (http://www.facebook.com/groups/PeriodicTimer/) or you can email me (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you like the app - please, rate it!
Fix a bug when the Cancel button in a notification wasn't working.
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect for my job
When I first got this app it worked great but now after 63 reps the timer stops going off. Also is there a way to turn the Apple Watch function off? I don’t always feel the vibration and much prefer the sound through my headphones so I don’t over water any of the 1000 plants I take care of at work.
Your App saved my eye
I have had Ramsay Hunt Syndrome (Bell’s Palsy plus ear shingles) since February, and my eye was “hinged” open until recently, and I bought this $1.99 app, and it alerts me on my iWatch or iPhone to blink every 57 seconds, over and over, and this product helped me regain the ability to blink naturally. Thank you from a a guy that can naturally blink again. Go without blinking for 2 minutes and see what I mean. It gets dry. Blinking saves the day. I am Hank Hurst, and I was not paid a red cent to make this review.
Simply just works!
Hi Vlad, wanted to thank you for this app. It works perfectly in the background with any app I’m working on and even when I close iPad it’s still there reminding me if I want it to. I was using free version which is fine but upgraded so I could support your work, didn’t need the customization but it may be useful to play with in the future. $1.99 is very reasonable for such a useful app, thanks!
Developer Response ,
Thank you! You review motivates me for further work!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Vladimir Kelin
- 9.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Belarusian, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Vladimir Kelin
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.