◦ Apple Design Award 2017 ◦
“A beautifully designed, best-of-breed coloring app.” - Apple, Inc.
Seeking to relax through creativity? You came to the right place! Welcome to Lake. Go ahead, feel for yourself why millions who are already brushing their stress away with us keep coming back for more.
“Lake’s simple and playful design is a delight and comes packed with creativity-enhancing tools, customized color palettes, and beautiful illustrations to help anyone create a masterpiece. It offers high quality curated illustrations from local and renowned artists that bring them together with their fans and ensures a rewarding and relaxing coloring book experience for all ages.” - Apple, Inc.
“If you feel good about supporting working artists, you won't want to skip this coloring book app. It's full of great illustrations and gets updated all of the time.” - Lory Gil, iMore
Color yourself calmer with this adored-by-the-masses-and-Apple Editors’ Choice coloring platform!
The coloring pages in Lake are all created by indie artists who love what they do and put their heart into what they create. By subscribing to Lake, you return the love, since we share part of every subscription fee directly with them.
• 70+ coloring books by worldwide indie illustrators
• New artists & new coloring books added on a regular basis
• 5-piece tool set: acrylic brush, watercolor brush, spray, fill, eraser
• Haptic feedback (iPhone only)
• Soothing brush sounds (ASMR)
• Tap-to-fill coloring option
• Color picker
• Blank canvas
• Save coloring books to My List for quick access to your fave artists
• All work in progress is easily accessible in My Studio
• History palette shows previously used colors
• Color inside the lines
• Zoom in/out
• A manageable number of coloring surfaces
• Works offline
• iCloud Sync
• Apple Pencil and 3D Touch support
• Instantly save your drawings
• Quick sharing and print options
By becoming a Lake supporter, you get full access to all artwork and Lake premium features. Choose among coloring pages by all featured artists, express through all available colors, and make use of additional functionalities (My List, Blank Canvas). Keep in mind, by subscribing, you directly help artists on their mission to live as artists. Karma points for all!
Good to know:
• You can subscribe to a yearly plan (billed once per year), and a monthly plan (billed once a month). The availability and pricing of subscription plans may vary.
• The payment will be charged to your iTunes Account when you confirm the purchase.
• The subscription automatically renews for the same price and duration period as the original one monthly/yearly plan, unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Free trial automatically converts to a paid subscription, unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the trial period. From that point onwards, subscription automatically renews, unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• You can cancel the subscription or the free trial anytime via the subscription setting through your iTunes account (go to your device settings and tap iTunes & App Store > Apple ID > View Apple ID > enter the password > Subscriptions > Assembly > Cancel Subscription button at the bottom). Do it at least 24 hours before the end of the free trial or subscription period to avoid being charged. Learn more: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098
• Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a Lake subscription.
Terms of Service: http://lakecoloring.com/termsofservice/
If you have any suggestions or opinions we want to hear it all! :)
The lovely banner at the top of this page was illustrated by Alina Drozdova. Find her coloring book in the app!
Lake is all about feeling safe and unwinding gently through coloring.
- Discover a very special bundle of soothing drawings in the bedtime category, carefully selected to help you fall asleep. You can easily access them directly from your lock screen in your Wind Down mode.
- Got any questions about the app? Check out our brand new FAQ section within the app to find the answers to all of your Lake questions.
- Saying bye-bye to some naughty bugs and welcoming some performance improvements.
Take care, friends!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Open this Apple Design Award winner and start coloring. In moments, all your stresses just kinda wash away, right? That’s the nice side effect of this tremendous coloring app. It’s packed with creativity-enhancing tools—spray paint, customized color palettes, and a huge assortment of intuitive features. Our favorite pictures switch from coloring between the lines to going rogue.
Always evolving, never gets old!
I love this app, for so many reasons. It is very user friendly, and easy to figure out. The artwork is amazing! It’s all so different, and I think that makes it very well rounded. There’s something for everyone, and they’re constantly adding new artists, which keeps you from running out of things to color. I’ve used both the paid version, and the free version, both are great. I do enjoy getting a bigger variety of colors and access to MORE artwork in the paid version, but this is not at app that loses its appeal if you don’t pay for it. And both versions are gloriously ad free! The creators are awesome if you ever need to contact them for support, but also just in encouraging you to share your creations on social media, and I’ve even had a few of the artists reach out and leave comments as well that they liked my pictures, etc. Its just a really well made app that runs smoothly, and has become an essential part of my “unwind routine”.
Developer Response ,
Wow! Thank you for such kind feedback! We put a lot of love into Lake and we are happy to see how much you enjoy it!
wishing for more
i ended up trying lake because i liked the focus on independent artists and the emphasis on supporting them, not taking advantage of them for profit. additionally, i’ve found that it has the most illustrations/artists that fit my personal style preference. that said, i can’t help but feel that it falls short in a few major ways. it absolutely needs a couple more coloring tools - why there is no crayon/colored pencil type option is beyond me. i find myself using competing apps like Pigment because i just can’t enjoy the limited brush styles offered by Lake - three brushes, limited size adjustment, and no adjustment of opacity? just feels like a let down for the cost of a subscription coloring app. as for the color palette - although the idea of the rainy, cloudy, and sunny palettes is cute and is a very nice way to explore colors, i do long for an option that allows finer tuning, and the creation of custom palettes or the saving of colors beyond the 6-8 colors in the history panel. last, one little annoyance i always find myself frustrated with is the very limited recall of the undo option, especially when there’s no tap-to-undo on ipad and i constantly find myself accidentally placing small marks on the canvas that end up requiring erasing the entire section. anyways, in short - nice illustrations, great artists, cute interface - just lacking quite a bit in terms of real coloring tools.
- Lake d.o.o.
- 146.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Lake d.o.o.
- In-App Purchases
- Lake Weekly Subscription $2.99
- Lake Weekly Subscription $2.99
- Weekly subscription $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.