ProMovie Recorder is a feature-rich yet easy-to-use video camera App for your iPhone and iPad. Take control of exposure, focus, frame rate, and every other aspect of video recording right at your fingertip. Take full advantage of your device's videography capability and create professional clips.
• 4K video recording (up to 60FPS) ¹.
• 1080p video recording (up to 240FPS) ².
• Manual camera control for exposure, shutter speed, ISO, focus, and white balance.
• High-quality video recording with up to 120Mbps bitrate.
• Switch between Ultra Wide, Wide, and Telephoto cameras ³.
• External microphones (Lightning/3.5mm headphone jack ⁴/Bluetooth).
• Stereo audio recording *.
• Audio monitoring through headphones and Bluetooth headphones.
• On-screen audio level indicator.
• Audio gain control *.
• Supported audio formats: 256 Kbps AAC, 16-bit PCM.
• Supported sample rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz *.
• Separate Exposure Point and Focus Point.
• Exposure compensation.
• Manual control/parameter lock for:
- Shutter Speed/ISO
- Color Temperature
• White balance presets.
• White balance calibration with gray cards.
• 2.4:1 anamorphic adaptors.
• Video rotation/flip for lens accessories.
• External displays connected via Lightning-to-HDMI/VGA adaptors.
• Bluetooth remote ⁵.
• Grids and cropping guides for easier composition.
• Full-screen modes.
• Level (tilt indicator).
• Both HEVC and H.264 encoding *.
• Standard, cinematic, and extended cinematic stabilization mode.
4K @30FPS: iPhone 6s/6s Plus/SE and newer, iPad Air (4th Gen.), iPad Pro 9.7-in., iPad Pro 10.5-in., iPad Pro 12.9-in. (2nd Gen. and newer), iPad Pro 11-in. (all models).
4K @60FPS: iPhone 8/8 Plus/X and newer, iPad Air (4th Gen.), iPad Pro 12.9-in. (3rd Gen. and newer), iPad Pro 11-in. (all models).
1080p @30FPS: iPhone 5s and newer, iPad (5th Gen. and newer), iPad Mini (2nd Gen. and newer), iPad Air (all models), iPad Pro (all models).
1080p @60FPS: iPhone 6/6 Plus/SE and newer, iPad Air (4th Gen.), iPad Pro 9.7-in., iPad Pro 10.5-in., iPad Pro 12.9-in. (2nd Gen. and newer), iPad Pro 11-in. (all models).
1080p @120FPS: iPhone 6s/6s Plus/SE and newer, iPad Air (4th Gen.), iPad Pro 9.7-in., iPad Pro 10.5-in., iPad Pro 12.9-in. (2nd Gen. and newer), iPad Pro 11-in. (all models).
1080p @240FPS: iPhone 8/8 Plus/X and newer, iPad Air (4th Gen.), iPad Pro 12.9-in. (3rd Gen. and newer), iPad Pro 11-in. (all models).
For iPhone and iPad models with Ultra Wide and/or Telephoto cameras.
Depending on your iPhone/iPad model and microphone connector, some of the following adapters may be required:
• TRS to TRRS adapter
• Lightning to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter
• USB-C to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter
Compatible devices only. Needs to be enabled in ‘Settings’ -> ‘Advanced’ -> ‘Start/Stop Recording’ -> ‘Use Volume Buttons’.
* For supported devices only.
Note: Use 'iTunes' or 'Finder' to copy videos to a computer.
macOS Catalina or Later:
macOS Mojave or Earlier:
Contact us: support@ProMovieApp.com
• Audio monitoring with Bluetooth headphones.
• Audio recording with Bluetooth microphones.
• Support for new iPhone and iPad models.
• Support for Extended Cinematic Stabilization.
• Adjusted video recording bitrates.
Ratings and Reviews
GREAT...But needs more functionality updates
LOVE this app. From the perspective of filming it is a beautifully economic option for getting high bitrate video and the 4:3 12MP mode is a godsend. What I will say is the way settings are locked needs an overhaul. The settings don’t seem to truly lock, and I find myself fiddling with the scroll wheels to get my shutter speed specific. If the numbers could be plugged in, saved and then loaded as presets it would be a perfect app from a filming POV. I would love to see the other two lenses included in the app but I understand if there are tech limitations to that. I hope they keep pushing the bitrates higher and higher (compression is the biggest limit of phone videography).
As for the back end: love the way the files are named. BUT, my biggest gripe with the app is there is no good way to transfer footage to your computer now that iTunes is deprecated. Eventually it will not work. I would love to see the devs record video onto a folder that can be accessed through the Files app. But that side of the app needs to be updated. Regardless, big fan. Please keep updating it
As an amateur, this makes me look like a pro!
I love, love, love this app. I just started learning how to edit videos so I could start making short movies for my family and our trips, holidays and events together. I am not fluent in any kind of way with different manual settings and manipulation of exposure, white balance, etc, but this app is so easy to use and practice with to finally get to the settings I want and the quality of the videos I can now edit and put together are stunning. It’s truly hard to believe the videos recorded with this one iPhone X. I use this app with a gimbal and voila, it’s like recording magic.
Does NOT save to your camera roll. Good luck finding what you’ve shot
So yea. This app can shoot nice videos. It has a lot of features useful to those who understand cameras - specifically those who understand principles of light.
But WHY in gods name would they not automatically save the videos to your camera roll?!? WHY?!? Why would you make something that’s supposed to make filming better and easier (since the native iPhone video app is SO bad and lacks even the most basic of manual settings) only to NOT make the videos immediately accessible to the person?
I’ve rated it a three. The app does great stuff. But enjoy reading through how you have to plug in your phone, or do some other more complex export JUST to see the video you JUST recorded. This was clearly written by programmers with absolutely no mind to UI usability and flexibility. There is NO compete team that would accept having to go through MORE steps just to access what the sole purpose of the app is for in the first place.
I’m angry for having spent the money on this app and I’ve NO idea why this little fact isn’t highlighted first and foremost. And if the developers are so sure that their more convoluted file saving method is so great, then wonderful! List it as the FIRST feature. But I think we all know it’s NOT a good thing and all they’ve done is replace one set of problems with another.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Panda Apps Limited
- 4.1 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2021 Panda Apps Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.