- Wirelessly mirror your Mac screen & audio in UHD on any 2013-2019 Samsung TV & 2012-6 LG TV
- Web browser for direct video streaming to any 2013-2019 Samsung & LG TV + file streamer
● 12 predefined profiles: 480p...2160p (UHD) with 25 - 60 frame rate
● Hardware video encoder support (variable bit rate >20MBit/sec)
● Recording: active session can be (in parallel) recorded to an mp4 file and replayed later
● Multi-display support (choose which display you want to mirror to your TV)
● Low battery consumption & no buffering interruptions due to overloaded CPU (*)
● Optional adaptation of video stream to 16:9 (=TV) aspect ratio;
● 5 user profiles (bit rate up to 60Mbit/sec@Ultra HD or up to 90fps@Full HD)
● Dimming: computer screen can be dimmed while playing (e.g. a movie in a dark room)
● Time shift: if needed, video and audio can be offset +/- 1000 ms in 25 ms steps
● Dedicated audio driver that allows to capture & transmit audio regardless of what source is playing
● Due to App Store rules (no app can have attached any driver in the store), the driver needs to be installed manually from: https://www.nimbleai.com/aDrv
(*) - The app needs a Mac model 2011 or higher.
WEB VIDEO STREAMER . (the mode requires High Sierra or Mojave)
● Emulates iOS web browser and streams videos on TV using TV built-in DLNA technology
● No other equipment necessary - only Mac, Wi-Fi & TV
● Compared to screen mirroring apps, no need to install any audio driver
● Solid >30MB A/V buffer ensures stream stability
● Significantly saves battery as the app re-streams video without H.264 re-encoding
● You can work on Mac and stream video on the background simultaneously
Supported media types
● Videos that can be played in iOS Safari (w/exception of FairPlay)
● Audio podcasts (w/exception of audio live streams)
-- combined audio/video streams
-- separated audio/video streams
-- video only streams
-- fMp4 streams
-- live streams for all of the above-listed combinations
-- streams encrypted with AES-128 & AES-sample for all of the above-listed combinations
● FairPlay (Apple proprietary tech enforcing DRM)
● (Live) audio-only HLS streams & MP3 live streams (no DLNA support)
● Subtitles (no DLNA support)
● Videos whose authors explicitly forbade (in html code) to play from their web pages via AirPlay
● macOS built-in Safari engine ensures up-to-date security patches regardless of this app updates
● User-agent exception editor for domains you won't play video from (for easier browsing)
● Video quality exception editor for e.g. slow-loading webs
● Local-video manager: mute & auto-stopping when streaming
● Provides two modes: MP4 & Direct
-- MPEG streaming mode (mp4, mov) with locally seekable preview;
-- Direct streaming mode plays all TV-supported formats (typically AVI, 3GPP, DIVX,FLV,MKV,..)
● Samsung: All 2013+ models
-- Web video streamer & file streamer: All 2012+ models
-- Mirroring: 2012-2016 LG models
(LG introduced in 2017 models a proprietary streaming mgr that is not suitable for short-lag transmissions; mirror will work but lag will be longer).
● The app is free for sessions up to 3 minutes; unlimited transfers as a one-off in-app purchase.
● Due to DLNA TV buffer, there is typically 1-3 sec lag between what is shown on monitor and TV , i.e. the app is not primarily intended for real-time activities such as gaming.
● By default, you can cast your screen video (useful e.g. for showing photos, giving presentations, browsing web, etc). If you want to transfer also audio together with video, you will need to install audio driver (instructions provided in the app, link above).
● You can't mirror DRM protected content.
+ fix for local video preview
+ stability fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I have mixed feelings about this app. It's doing what I needed it to do, which is to stream and loop a slideshow to parents, while their students are in a martial arts class. So for that, I'm thankful because like someone else wrote, I didn't want to buy an apple tv if it wasn't absolutely necessary. HOWEVER, there are some glitches - every so often it putts an audio error message on the screen which goes away, but is extremely annoying an unprofessional looking. I've played and played with the settings on both the app and the tv. and can't seem to get rid of it. Also there was a learning curve to get it set up where it would work. I had to convert the slideshow into a movie format and stream that. All in all, it works, not great but not terrible either....
Awesome so far!
We have two computers, one a desktop and the other my little macbook. Our desktop did allow us to connect to the tv without any extra downloads but it would lag and eventually the screen would disconnect. We didn’t want to get the apple tv since we already have a ps4 and a smart tv. I read reviews for other apps that were supposed to stream to lg tvs and they were not good, complaining of crashing or just not working at all, and none allowed you to download the app for a trial to see how it worked first. I even went to LG website and downloaded the plex streamer or whatever they recommended and it never loaded, it would always say it was connecting, with no progress.
So I tested my luck and took back to the app store and I found this app that allowed you to try it out before buying the full version. It had great reviews and I figured I’d give it a shot and if it didn’t work, no foul. IT WORKED PERFECTLY and with literally no effort on my part. As soon as it downloaded and I launched it it automatically detected our tv. I love that you can either mirror your screen or play a file directly to the tv separately. I am currently watching a movie on the tv as I write the review on my computer. I obviously bought the full version immediately and it works exactly as I needed.
I would consider buying another app...
I would not spend time on writing reviews for software except giving them stars, but this one deserved it:
A) The trial time limit is not mentioned clearly. (Within ~3 min it expires. Does not give you enough time to understand the capability of the program. It should at least be 5 min.)
B) The lag time is so long that after I started an action, it was shown after 10 sec on the mirroring screen. The description should be changed and highlighted from "short lag time" to "not suitable for mirroring”. So if I can’t use this program for mirroring, why do I pay for it? Because there is a free app called "Universal media server” and it sure does a better job than this program, if you would only use it for streaming multimedia from a mac computer to smart TVs.
C) Lastly, I could not properly delete the app. I tried to delete it from the application folder and the program asked me if I wanted to delete the software, but the icon stayed afterward although the icon was not shown in the application folder. I have killed all docks and it is still there. I will try to restart…. Sticky app…!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. Let me address your comments:
A) Please read the app description: "PRICE: The app is free for sessions up to 3 minutes; unlimited transfers as a one-off in-app purchase." I'd dare to say that it is clear.
B) There are two types of profiles - "for movies" with a longer buffer (and thus lag) and better quality and "for presentation" with times about 3-4 secs - again as explained in the app specs. As you already mentioned, the app is free for anyone - so anyone can try it out first. If you do not like it, you don't have to spend your money. Why do you regard such approach wrong? Please compare it with other screen mirroring applications in the App Store. The app also allows to stream web videos and local files without lag. It clearly states that there is the lag for mirroring and there is also a thorough explanation why - see: https://www.nimbleai.com/doc8.html
C) You switched the GUI (graphical user interface) from window to the app icon style. In that case, you need to click on the icon and select cfg. wheel - Exit to terminate the app prior you delete it from the disc. Note that it is a standard sandboxed App Store app - there is no room for any "stickiness". Here is the full app specs: https://www.nimbleai.com/doc.html
Yes, it is true that we could have provided the app as a paid one with a free demo downloadable from the Internet. In such case, we could prevent disappointment of those users who did not read the app description first and learn that it costs something once they install it. That would however also mean that users would have to get an app from the outside of the "safe" App Store world. Thus, we still prefer this approach and rather risk angry reviews from those who normally do not spend time on writing them. I am sorry that we disappointed you.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.