Fontcase is an app that lets you install custom fonts on iOS and iPadOS.
1) Import fonts from your iCloud Drive or Dropbox and add them to your collection of favorites.
2) Tap on any listed font and you'll get a preview of the characters along with other metadata.
3) When you're done collecting, install your fonts in Settings and they'll be available in other apps, including iWork, to make your documents look better than ever.
Fontcase is completely open source, so your privacy is insured. The app only adds fonts to your settings and does not modify them at all in the process. For more information on why this is important, see the app's Help tab.
• xFonts is now Fontcase - new branding to avoid confusion with another font app
• Now supports installing fonts from iCloud Drive and other Files storage locations like Dropbox
• An imported font can be previewed with its metadata
• Extensive help explaining the font installation process
• Support for Light and Dark Mode in iOS
• Adaptive layout that works well on all devices including iPad Pros to iPhone SE
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Finally, scalable font installation
Beyond the joy of its easy integration with iOS file providers (iCloud Drive, Dropbox, etc.), Fontcase is nearly as seamless as it gets for installing your own third-party font files. The only mechanism Apple provides to install such fonts is via the convoluted process of configuration profiles. Fontcase bundles all of your imported fonts together in one profile... avoiding the HUGE pain of having to install one profile for each and every font file, as some other font management apps require. Great!
Not sure what happened for “MenFast”, but it worked fine the very first time I tried it on the iPhone. Great to have some of my Favorite fonts now easily available on iPhone!
Much needed tool but needs work
I want to express my gratitude to the authors of this software from filling a gaping hole in the iOS/iPadOS font world. With it, I have been able to install much-needed fonts and use them in iPad apps.
However, the app is still pretty rough around the edges. In particular, I have not been able to install all of the fonts I have added to Fontcase. After installing, the dark purple bar at the top of the screen says, “122 fonts imported, 84 need installation.” Whatever I do, these 84 fonts remain uninstalled (and have the download icon by their names). Why is this happening? What can I do to fix this?
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.