Touchscaper is an instrument designed for anyone who wants to make music on their iPad simply by touching the screen. You don’t have to be a serious musician to enjoy touchscaper, but if you are, touchscaper is highly configureable under the hood.
• Multi-touch based interface with “radar”, “ribbon” and keyboard surfaces
• Touch the screen to play a note, move your fingers to change the sound
• Semi-generative engine selects the “good notes” for you
• Touch movement can control volume and pan for each individual note
• Total control over chords, keys and scales (fully chromatic)
• Multiple chords can be generated from keys and scales to create “scenes”
• Over 20 built-in sounds can be combined in 2 layers to create “instruments”
• Built-in sounds include samples from moodscaper, pianoscaper, numerous analog synths and guitars
• Comes with preset example scenes and instruments
• Random instrument generator function with one tap of a button
• Hold and orbit modes for hands-free evolving soundscapes
• Supports file sharing for scenes and instruments
• Master effects section with twin delays and reverb
• Supports IAA (Inter-App Audio) as a generator
• Comes with detailed user guide in PDF format
There are several demo videos in circulation which should give you a better idea of what touchscaper can do - just search for “touchscaper”.
For more information please visit www.touchscaper.com
• Added colour theme bright option
• Fixed issue where hold button was getting in a confused state
• Orbit mode continues when app is in background
I hope you're enjoying touchscaper, and please do consider giving the app a rating and leaving a review. Best, -Rob
Ratings and Reviews
Just start working with this, but I see a lot of potential for this as my go to ambient music source.
Very soothing & creative
Wonderful sounds and a lot of fun to play with. I love all of Rob Jackson's "scaper" apps!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.