SynthMaster One 4+
Powerful wavetable synth
- Offers In-App Purchases
SynthMaster One iOS is KV331 Audio's first full blown universal synth app on iOS platform. It's a powerful wavetable synth with an intuitive workflow. With its simple layout, rich wavetable/waveform content and inspiring factory presets library, designing new sounds with SynthMaster One iOS is a joy.
SynthMaster One iOS is feature wise identical to the desktop version except the following:
* 16 voice polyphony (32 for the desktop version)
* Comes with 650 presets (1250 for the desktop version)
* Universal App: SynthMaster One is now a universal standalone/AUv3 synth app running on iPhone 7 and above.
* 650 Factory Presets: SynthMaster One iOS comes with inspiring factory presets from a world class team of sound designers: Arksun, Aiyn Zahev, BigTone Studios, Brian Transeau, Bluffmunkey, Bulent Biyikoglu, Gercek Dorman, Dejavu Sound, Fragment Audio, Kurt Ader, Mirko Ruta, Nori Ubukata, Rob Lee, Ufuk Kevser, Selcuk Ergen, The Machine, Vandalism Sound, Venus Theory, Vorpalsound and Xenos Soundworks
* AUv3: SynthMaster One iOS supports AudioUnits V3, allowing multiple instances to run under supporting DAW apps like GarageBand, Cubasis or Beat Maker.
* Files App Integration: Easily import/export presets, waveforms or scales using the common file browser UI (requires iOS 11+).
* Real-time Modulation Feedback: See in real-time how modulation sources and targets change. This is a very helpful feature when designing sounds!
* Cross Platform Cloud Synchronization: Easily synchronize your SynthMaster One related data across multiple platforms (Windows, MacOS, iPad, iPhone)
* Semi-Modular Architecture: For each SynthMaster One instance, there are 2 oscillators with 2 sub oscillators, 2 Filters, 4 ADSR Envelopes, 3 LFOs, a powerful 16 step arpeggiator/sequencer and also 11 different effects that can be inserted on to 6 FX insert slots. The sub oscillators can be connected to the oscillators in 5 different modes which let you use it as a regular sub oscillator or do complex modulations such as ring modulation, amplitude modulation, phase modulation or frequency modulation.
* 32 Step Arpeggiator/Sequencer: The arpeggiator in SynthMaster One features classic arpeggiator modes such as Up, Down, UpDown, DownUp, UpDown2, DownUp2, AsPlayed as well as Sequence, Chord and Arpeggiate modes.
* Wavetable Synthesis: SynthMaster One implements true wavetable synthesis which opens up new possibilities for sound design. It comes with a rich content library with hundreds of waveforms and wavetables.
* Stereo Oscillators with up to 16 voices Unison: Each of the 2 oscillators in SynthMaster One have stereo output, and can have up to 16 voices "unison". Using the "voices", "voices mix", "detune curve", "detune spread", "pan stread", "tone spread" and "phase spread" parameters, each oscillator can generate a rich "supersaw" type sound.
* Zero Delay Feedback Filters: All of the 4 filter categories in SynthMaster One are developed using the zero delay feedback filter technology. With advanced filter parameters like input gain, drive, acid, filter nonlinearities and up to 4 times oversampling you can get that "analog" sound from the filters!
* Rich Set of Effects: SynthMaster One features 11 different effect types: Distortion, LoFi, Ensemble, Phaser, 6 Band EQ, Compressor, Vocoder, Delay, Chorus, Tremolo, Reverb.
* Microtuning: SynthMaster One supports Scala tuning, so tuning can be set either for each preset or globally by loading from a Scala tuning file. SynthMaster One comes with 300+ scales ranging from 5 note equal tempered scales to 12 note alternate tuning scales.
* Preset Browser: SynthMaster One features a comprehensive preset browser with separate search criterias for instrument type, preset attributes, music style or preset author.
* All 64-bit iPad devices
* AUv3 Audio Unit Extensions
* Note-per-channel MIDI controllers (MPE)
* Ableton Link
* Interapp Audio and AudioBus
* Bluetooth LE MIDI Controllers
Gui updates and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Truly the SynthMaster!!
Finally got around to getting this monster of a synth. I love the GUI. It's logical and intuitive, without sacrificing power and versatility.
The sound is fantastic. It seems to be scanning mod sources at a very high rate. The oscillators and filters sound terrific. It includes a very capable Mod Matrix, and a powerful arpeggiator. The effects are nice sounding, too. It's rare to see so many strengths in an iOS synth. It seems nothing as been sacrificed. What a beast!!
It is a treat to see tuning maps implemented both at a global level and preset level. Only a few to choose from, I'm hoping to load more scala maps (if possible).
Preset packs cause app to crash
I’ve purchased some preset packs in-app, and now the app crashes whenever I use the load random feature. Basically unusable for me since I rely on that feature in apps I use for my sound design work. And yes, clicking through the list manually is an option, but if there’s a load random feature, it should work. Really frustrating because I’ve tried to get a refund on these in-app purchases and was denied. I’ve had issues with in-app purchases in Synthmaster 2 as well, and had to use a refund there while I was troubleshooting (and their customer service wasn’t too helpful either unfortunately). Which means I’ve basically hit my refund cap just trying to deal with in-app purchases all from this developer. I really like Synthmaster One and 2. These apps are easily some of the best synths on this platform. But I can’t really recommend getting any in app purchases through them until they fix these issues. I’ll update my review and rating if these get fixed.
Developer Response ,
Hello sorry about that issue. We will release a new version very soon that fixes this problem.
Can't create custom wavetables
This synth has a fair number of built-in wavetables. However, I bought this synth thinking it would allow me to use a custom wavetable. And while it does have an option to import wavetables... This doesn't mean it'll import that wav file you recorded of another synth, and let you use that as a wavetable. That's what I figured. I figured wrong.
Instead, it just closes the import window and says nothing, and nothing happens. I tried again and again. Long story short, you have to give it a very specific audio file, and they aren't really feasible to make by hand. You would need help from software that is specifically designed to create wavetables.
Such software does not exist for iPhone, as of the time I'm writing this review. Literally doesn't exist. Some apps exist for iPad, but none for iphone. And since I'm on iphone exclusively, I'm just plain out of luck. There's legit no way for me to create a wavetable that synthmaster one would be willing to import.
In trying to recreate a very specific sound from an organ at church. I haven't been able to recreate it with "synth one" by audiokit, so I came here looking for more powerful synth options. But without custom wavetables, this synth isn't a single smidgen better than the open source synth.
If you are in iphone, and looking for a synth that more powerful than synth one, this honestly isn't it. Unless you get lucky and one of the built in wavetables is the exact sound you happen to need.
Developer Response ,
Totally unfair review! Wavetable files must be of a specific length. Wavetables are NOT samples! Otherwise we would say "Sample Import" OR "Sample resynthesis". Go check out wavetable files from other synths: Their lengths are multiples of a specific cycle length (in most cases multiples of 2048)
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- KV331 YAZILIM LTD STI
- 420.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2020 KV331 Audio
- In-App Purchases
- Desktop Presets Upgrade $9.99
- BigTone Club Construction Set $4.99
- SM One Expansions Bundle $24.99
- NatLife Retrowave Sounds Vol.1 $4.99
- Venus Theory Trap Sounds $4.99
- True Trance Sounds Volume 1 $4.99
- Demis Hellen Euphoric Trance $4.99
- Vandalism Future House $4.99
- NatLife Progressive&Deep Vol.1 $4.99
- Vandalism Shocking Future Bass $4.99