Find your next favorite with Likewise. Easily discover and share great recommendations for movies, TV shows, books, and podcasts. Find out what to watch and where to watch it. Explore interesting things to read and listen to.
Likewise learns what you like to give you better recommendations. Our combination of smart technology and real suggestions from real people helps you quickly cut through the clutter to find movies, TV shows, books, and podcasts that you'll love.
Explore Likewise Groups to get suggestions from people who love the same things you do. Browse for hidden gems or join the conversation. It’s an easy fun way to discover new things and share favorites with other like minded people.
The best way to find recommendations
- Personalized to your distinct tastes, Likewise learns what you like to give you smarter recommendations.
- Daily recommendations just for you. Every day, you’ll have new recommendations waiting when you log in to the Likewise app.
- Quickly find what you want, fast. Easily search across all your interests and streaming services with one convenient app. It’s fast and easy to search across all your streaming services at one time, or filter by specific streaming service, genres, and more.
- Love lists? We do too. You can save all your favorites in one place and never lose track of the shows or books you want to remember. Find and organize your interests and get back to them easily.
A community of like minded people
- Easily share suggestions or discuss favorites with friends and family in your own private spaces. See their latest recommendations in the group activity feed and keep all their suggestions in one easy to find place.
- A community of true enthusiasts. Browse suggestions, connect with like-minded people, give and get great recommendations. Start discussions and share about your favorite things.
A great way to explore
- Curious about podcasts but you're not sure where to start? Wish it were easier to find something to read? Likewise is for you.
- Great for niche interests. From Anime fans to Rom-Com connoisseurs—Likewise's comprehensive library and mix of interests has something for everyone.
Recommendations for Movies, Shows, Books, and More:
- Movie and TV show recommendations - Find what to watch and where to watch it.
- Create watchlists across all your streaming platforms (Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video, HBO, and more).
- Book and podcast recommendations - Find interesting stuff to read and listen to.
We love hearing from you! If you have questions or suggestions tap the in-app feedback button or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Introducing updated private spaces for you and your friends to share and discuss your favorites
• Simplified posting for easier conversations.
• New group activity feed lets you see what your friends recommend
• Easily share recommendations with people you care about
Ratings and Reviews
Easy, intuitive, and truly useful
A stellar app. It’s intuitive, easy to navigate, rewards consistent use, and fills a niche I’m not sure I knew existed. I love the ease of use and the instantaneous feedback from the community. My only critiques of the app as it is are:
• I wish rank was more transparent. I’d like to easily see what my rank is, how far I have to go to the next, and what ranks exist beyond my current one. I’d also like to know what, if anything, my ranking means beyond simply showing that I’ve made a lot of recommendations.
• I wish searches had less redundancy. There are often multiple editions of a book listed in a search, particularly with older works. Having singular instances of books would be a quality of life improvement.
More than anything, I’m hoping to see new features added. Movies+TV, books, and podcasts make up a good chunk of media consumption, but I’d love to see sections for games and music, as well. I’d also love to see the restaurants section get on par with the media sections: it’s the weakest part of the app right now, and I can’t wait to see it made as good as the other parts.
Hit or Miss
Some of the features on this app are pretty good. I especially like the option to ask specific questions and get recommendations from other users. But when it comes to the “today” page, it’s a complete hit or miss. Some days they’ll only show me 3 or 4 movies, and none of them will be even close to things I like (which is super frustrating because you have to wait a full 24 hours for new ones.) But other days I’ll get 6 or 7 that are great. It’s also annoying that they ask me to choose from podcasts every day, even though I clearly don’t like podcasts, as I haven’t saved a single one. Yet they will show me literally zero books, even though I have multiple lists full of novels. Basically, the user recommendation feature is great, but the algorithm is mediocre at best.
Beyond that, this app also just has a bunch of little problems that altogether make it annoying to use. The biggest one is that if your post exceeds a certain character limit, it just shows a “...” but there’s no way to view the full thing. You also can’t comment on a move or book unless you’ve liked it, and it sometimes crashes. It’s also pretty stupid that they mark it as 12+ but if you aren’t at least 13 you can’t even make an account, this didn’t effect me but it did effect my brother and that’s just dumb. Among other smaller problems. Just needs some updating for sure.
EDIT: Absolutely hate the new update. Layout is so annoying and confusing. Probably will stop using the app now
Developer Response ,
Hi Raven! We sincerely appreciate your detailed feedback and sharing your experience. Some of the issues you've pointed out are things we're working on resolving, and hope to have them fixed soon! If you have any questions on the new update that would help with your experience, please feel free to write to email@example.com so we may assist you. Your experience using the app and navigating around it is very important to us!
I love this app
Honestly, I’m a movie buff and love re-watching the same movies with new perspectives. Sometimes it's hard to remember all of my favorite movies or tv shows. I use this app to save shows that I've watched, want to watch, or rewatch. I love the grouping of recommendations based on your saves, for example, “my favorite comedy shows and movies.” I tend to do this on my own time, but I think it could go further, like when I'm in the mood for empowering movies with a strong female lead in business. It could, for example, recommend The Devil Wears Prada and The Intern, two of my favorites. Or if I want to watch movies based in Paris, it could group recommend Pixar's Ratatouille with another Paris-based movie. Or even groupings based on classic chick flicks. I understand this would take a lot more time, and you would probably would to have someone physically creating collections, as opposed to Ai like I think it is now. But hey, if you're interested in I’m all on board. Overall I love this app. It’s free, and if you watch movies or tv shows, I don’t see any reason not to use it!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Likewise, Inc.
- 148.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2020 Likewise, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.