Pixelmator Pro is an incredibly powerful, beautiful, and easy to use image editor designed exclusively for Mac.
With a wide range of professional-grade, nondestructive image editing tools, Pixelmator Pro lets you bring out the best in your photos, create gorgeous compositions and designs, draw, paint, apply stunning effects, design beautiful text, and edit images in just about any way you can imagine. And thanks to its intuitive and accessible design, Pixelmator Pro is delightfully easy to use — whether you’re just starting out with image editing or you’re a seasoned pro.
Exceptional Design and Functionality
• The modern, single-window interface of Pixelmator Pro is designed exclusively for working with images on a Mac
• An intuitive and refined interface makes pro image editing easy and accessible to everyone — from complete beginners to design professionals
• With both dark and light appearances, Pixelmator Pro seamlessly adapts to the Light and Dark Modes of macOS
• A full-featured Photos extension lets you edit images using Pixelmator Pro without ever leaving Photos, saving layered, nondestructive edits directly to your library
• Enhance your existing images and create new ones using every image editing tool you could ever need
• Edit nondestructively, adjusting individual changes whenever you like
• Easily move, resize, and arrange objects to create stunning compositions
• Adjust the colors in images with a collection of nondestructive color adjustments
• Use the Core ML-powered ML Enhance to automatically improve the look of your photos
• Enjoy superior support for RAW files, editing RAW images right inside Pixelmator Pro without having to preprocess them
• Create digital or traditional paintings using handcrafted, fully-customizable, dual-texture brushes with full support for digital graphics tablets
• Combine the built-in effects to create any artistic or special effects you can imagine
• Save the adjustment, effect, and layer style combinations your create, use them in any of your images, and share them with others
• Magically remove small imperfections or entire objects, seamlessly clone parts of your photos, and lighten or darken precise areas using a full set of retouching tools
• Use the reshaping tools to easily change the shape of any object or area in your images, create striking artistic effects or make subtle changes to portrait photos
• Add customizable vector graphics designed by the Pixelmator Team
• Create your own vector graphics using the Pen tool
• Easily design great-looking text with a full set of typography tools
• Optimize and save your images for the web, using advanced compression to shrink file sizes to the smallest possible
• Batch process images using built-in Automator actions
Image Editing Enhanced by Machine Learning
• Magically remove objects, recreating image areas with stunning realism using the Repair tool
• Use ML Enhance to intelligently enhance photos with a machine learning algorithm trained on millions of professional photos
• Zoom and enhance image resolution with the incredible ML Super Resolution
• Automatically copy the look of one photo to another with ML Match Colors
• Remove image noise and compression artifacts while preserving details using ML Denoise
• Intelligently straighten images using the Crop tool's horizon detection feature
• Quickly make accurate selections with ease using the Quick Selection tool
• Automatically give descriptive names to the layers you add
• Open and edit images in all the most popular image formats, including JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PSD, HEIF, SVG, PDF, GIF, BMP, TGA, and JPEG-2000
• Open and edit Photoshop images with layers
• Open and edit SVG vector images
• Share your images to Photos, Mail, AirDrop and other locations right from Pixelmator Pro
Built Exclusively for Mac
Designed exclusively for macOS, Pixelmator Pro supports almost every major macOS feature and integrates seamlessly with macOS Catalina.
Pixelmator Pro 1.6 Magenta brings an all-new, beautiful, and easy-to-use color picker, includes the ability to quickly choose colors using hex color codes, makes it possible to select multiple objects by dragging over them, improves performance, and brings a whole lot more.
• The all-new color picker lets you choose and manage colors more easily than ever.
• Quickly choose colors using hex color codes right in the new color picker.
• Choose colors using RGB color codes, too.
• See a list of your most recently picked colors to more easily reuse them.
• Easily pick a series of colors from your image, view color codes, and closest color names using the new Color Picker tool.
• Save color swatches to custom color palettes and even share Pixelmator Pro color palettes with others.
• View RGB color codes right in the Info bar.
• Drag over multiple different layers to easily select them.
• Identify and replace any missing fonts in an image using the new Replace Fonts feature.
• See your most recently used fonts at the top of the font pop-up menu.
• Enjoy much-improved selection, guide, grid, and layer handle performance thanks to a new Metal-powered overlay.
Improvements and Fixes
• With any shape tool selected, shapes will now always be drawn immediately, even on top of other existing shapes to make it easier to create illustrations.
• To temporarily select or move shapes while using any shape tool, you can now press and hold the Command key.
• If you Control-click the points of a shape, you’ll now be able to divide and join individual paths.
• When using the Arrange tool or one of the shape tools and having a shape layer selected, pressing the Enter key will start editing the shape.
• When opening large Pixelmator Pro documents, a thumbnail of the image will now be displayed in the progress dialog.
• ML Denoise and ML Super Resolution will now use up to 10 times less memory.
• Locked layers will no longer be automatically selected on the canvas.
• Stroke performance has been significantly improved and layer strokes are now at least 10x faster.
• Text layers can now have Inside and Outside strokes along with the current Center stroke.
• The appearance of strokes has been improved for rotated and transformed images.
• The quality of strokes of text layers converted into pixels has also been improved.
• You can now show or hide the overlay (which includes the selection outline, guides, grid, layer handles) using the Shift-Command-H keyboard shortcut.
• The Hide Interface command will now be activated using the Control-Command-H keyboard shortcut.
• You can now insert a new image layer from your Mac using the Option-Shift-Command-N keyboard shortcut.
• When saving changes directly to JPEG, PNG, and TIFF images, Overwrite will now be the default option.
• After changing the style of line shapes, it will now be remembered for future line shapes you draw, just like regular shapes.
• Empty layers will have ‘---’ as their size, position, and angle.
• The blending mode and opacity of locked layers would not be displayed correctly. Fixed.
• Certain effects (such as Perspective Transform) would not be converted into pixels correctly. Fixed.
• Cutting part of a layer and undoing the changes would sometimes cause graphical glitches. Fixed.
• Processing a large number of files using the Pixelmator Pro actions in Automator would sometimes increase memory usage more than necessary. Fixed.
• When copying and pasting between documents, some layers would not be placed correctly and it would sometimes cause blurring. Fixed.
• When exporting to PSD, layer masks would not be preserved. Fixed.
• When exporting to PSD, hidden layers would be saved without any content. Fixed.
• Changing the size of a brush in the internal settings of a brush preset could cause Pixelmator Pro to quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
Have any feedback about this update or Pixelmator Pro in general? We’d love to hear from you at email@example.com!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good Value for the price
To start, this doesn't do everything that Photoshop or Affinity Photo does, so it can't always be a full replacement. It doesn't do blend options with source and target layer ranges, for example. It's missing lab mode, it's missing tone mapping (that would be the one thing I am missing the most)... But the thing is, for many tasks, those things are not needed, and especially for the price the filters that were implemented and the UI work really well.
I like the color controls, which are very intuitive, and the curves / levels dialog works well too.
It could use a few more filters for light leaks (or at least let me change the color), to make images look grungy/dusty and apply bokehs, as well as the ability to use my own images for this to overlay. A good effect to add lens flare would also be useful.
Works great..had to update my firmware for NIKON D850
I’ve been a user of Pixelmator for years.I know you guys are still working on this app, but it’s buggy. I will be using the healing tool then all of a sudden the picture goes black just shows a yellow line where I was editing. Then I have to quit and start it up again until it does it again. Sometimes, it just quits and I have to restart.
ALSO…THIS APP DOES NOT SUPPORT NIKON RAW FILES (NEF) FOR THE D850! ARE YOU KIDDING ME…… NOT VERY PRO. WILL YOU EVER CHANGE THIS PIXELMATOR? Most consumers will just fine with cheaper version of Pixelmator. It will do everything you need it to do without spending $60.
UPDATE: AUGUST 1ST 2018..
Pixelmator Pro is still NOT compatible with Nikon D850, but now High Sierra does.. When I try to open in Pixelmator Pro to edit them it tell me either the file is damage or the file is not compatible with Pixelmator. Almost a year the camera has been out and Apple’s version high “photoshop” can hang with a PRO CAMERA….FAIL!
UPDATE OCTOBER 1ST 2018..
So, it turned out that there was a firmware update for my camera for it to be compatible for my mac and RAW images. Works great! Changed by rating from a 3 to a 5 star. Go to the Nikon site and download the firmware update on an sd card and load it into the camera! Perfecto!
Developer Response ,
Awesome, thanks for taking the time to update the review! And let us know if you have any other feedback or bump into any other issues.
Confused me a lot
This may be a good app, but it confuses me a lot, I'm not a professional graphics editor, but I can use most of basic functions on Photoshop without problem, on this one, i simply have no idea. Maybe I should switch back to PS.
UPDATE: after gave it another try, now I can finish some basic work. New comers may give it more time.
UPDATE 2: It still made me want to pull my hair off every time I used it. eg, a simple task like stroke a selection, you make a selection, select style tool, click stroke, instead of stroke the selection, it stroke the whole image. why? why? why are you doing this? is this make any sense? If you google "pixelmator pro stroke", you wil find other people fraustrating just like me.
Developer Response ,
Awesome, glad to hear you've had a better experience the second time around! And if you ever do find yourself struggling with anything, please shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our best to help.
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 196.6 MB
- Graphics & Design
macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2020 Pixelmator Team
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.