This app is designed to help you study medical terminology, roots, suffixes and prefixes
List of chapter
- Concepts of Medical Terminology
- Cells, Tissues, and Organs
- Body Structure
- Diagnosis and Treatment; Surgery
- Circulation: The Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems
- Blood and Immunity
- The Respiratory System
- The Digestive System
- The Urinary System
- The Male Reproductive System
- The Female Reproductive System; Pregnancy and Birth
- The Endocrine System
- The Nervous System and Behavioral Disorders
- The Senses
- The Skeleton
- The Muscular System
- The Skin
● Sub topics
- Roots, prefixes and suffixes are grouped into sub topics
- Some sub topics are:
Roots for Cells and Tissues
Roots for Cell Activity
Roots for Regions of the Head and Trunk
Prefixes for Position and Direction
Prefixes and roots for infectious diseases
Suffixes and roots for body chemistry
Word Parts pertaining to Drugs
Roots for the Mouth
Roots pertaining to the Endocrine system
Roots for Bones and Joints
Roots for the skeleton
Roots pertaining to muscles
Roots pertaining to the skin
Roots for disease
... and many more.
List of dictionary
● Root - Meaning dictionary
- Look up the root and find the meaning of the root
- Over 494 entries
● Meaning - Root dictionary
- Look up the meaning and find the roots that have the meaning.
"anti-", "contra-", "counter-" have the same meaning "against";
"post-", "retro-" all have the same meaning "behind";
"-emia" and "-hernia" have same meaning "condition of blood"
"hypn-", "somn-" have same meaning "sleep"
"dent/o", "odont/o" have same meaning "teeth"
"gloss/o", "lingu/o" have same meaning "tongue"
- Over 565 entries
- List of all prefixes
- 94 prefixes in total
- List of all suffixes
- 108 suffixes in total
● Medical abbreviations
- List of medical abbreviations
● write note
- You can write note for each entry and review it later
- You can write tips or tricks to remember the roots, terms
● create a list
- You can create a list and add an entry into that list
- You can create a list of entries that you have mastered or list of difficult entries that you often forget
● advanced search
- Search an entry by using its meaning with advanced option
● study tools
- Match game
● other features:
- bookmark an entry
- search history
- search for an entry
- Browse all entries in a list by sliding left or right
● If you want to give feedback or suggest a new feature, please use the feedback feature in the settings
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Ratings and Reviews
Not Worth Anything
Not user friendly. Seems like you have to make up your own quizzes, cause when you hit quiz it says no notes. Add notes. Can’t even add notes or add terms to notes. Very limited amount of prefix and suffixes. Probably only 5-8 terms for each tab. Not worth the money. If I could give no starts I’d give no stars. Simply pointless.
This app has about ten roots per section and they are all the most elementary roots around. Save yourself money and get another app.
The developer, Trung Nguyen, indicated that the app’s privacy practices may include handling of data as described below.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Trung Nguyen
- 27.8 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Edu apps
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.