Children can learn reading, language, writing, math, social-emotional development, problem-solving skills, and motor development. Open-ended activities and games like drawing, storytelling, and coloring encourage creativity and self-expression. A cast of adorable animal characters will guide children through lessons, and our adaptive learning path will customize their experience to help them master different skills.
Khan Academy Kids is completely free, forever - no ads and no subscriptions necessary. And we’re always adding new content to keep kids engaged, including books and songs from Super Simple Songs®, Bellwether Media, and National Geographic Young Explorer Magazine.
Download today and let the joyful learning begin!
HIGH-QUALITY, AWARD-WINNING CONTENT
• Common Sense Media—5 stars Educational Value, 5 stars Ease of Play
• Children's Technology Review Editor's Choice Award for Excellence in Design—100% Rating
• Parents' Choice Foundation Gold Award
• American Association of School Librarians—2019 Best App for Teaching and Learning
“The lessons are well-paced, filled with whimsy, intelligence, and a clear understanding of how children learn." —Parents’ Choice Foundation
• Reading and literacy—phonics, the alphabet, spelling, and early writing
• Language—vocabulary, opposites, prepositions, and verbs
• Math—counting, numbers, addition, subtraction, shapes, and measuring
• Executive function and logic—focus, memory, and problem-solving
PERSONALIZED LEARNING EXPERIENCE
• Adaptive learning path allows each child to learn at their own pace.
• Children learn independently in the Library—a collection of activities, books, and videos.
• Kids can read books on their own or follow along with recorded audio narration.
• Five whimsical characters encourage children to think and learn.
• Highly interactive educational games and activities engage young learners.
• Kids can collect fun bugs, hats, and toys as they learn.
EMOTIONAL AND PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT
• Social-emotional—relationships, self-control, and empathy
• Motor and physical development—gross and fine motor skills, health, and nutrition
• Creative expression—drawing, storytelling, and coloring
CREATED BY A TEAM OF EXPERTS
• Developed in collaboration with experts at the Stanford Graduate School of Education
• Aligns with Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework and Common Core Standards
• Features original content from Super Simple Songs®, Bellwether Media, and National Geographic Young Explorer Magazine
We’d love to hear from you. Please visit us at khanacademykids.org, or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT KHAN ACADEMY
Khan Academy is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with the mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Khan Academy Kids was created by experienced early learning experts who have created 22 other top-selling titles and received 22 Parents’ Choice Awards, 19 Children’s Technology Review Awards, and a KAPi award for Best Children’s App at the International Consumer Electronics Show. The Khan Academy Kids team is a passionate group of engineers, artists, designers, and educators who joined Khan Academy from Duck Duck Moose, a maker of popular educational apps for kids. Khan Academy Kids is 100% free without ads or subscriptions.
ABOUT SUPER SIMPLE SONGS®
Skyship Entertainment™ is the creator of the beloved children’s brand, Super Simple™. Their award-winning Super Simple Songs® combines delightful animation and puppetry with original and classic kids’ songs to help make learning simple and fun. With over 10 billion views and 10 million subscribers on YouTube, their songs and videos are favorites with parents, teachers, and kids around the globe.
In the latest update, we fixed some bugs and made some minor updates. Please update your app for the best learning experience.
If you have any feedback, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you’re enjoying Khan Academy Kids, please consider leaving us a rating or review! Happy learning!
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent preschool reading and math skill app
This is a really excellent app, not for the least of which because it is FREE (truly free). There is a ton of content in this app. My son especially enjoys the books. He is difficult to read books to because he wants to talk about the pictures, or which words rhyme, or his feet, instead of listening to me, and doesn’t want to read aloud himself (though he can), if he is even willing to sit still at all. The books in the app can be read without sound or the app will read it to you. He usually chooses to have it read aloud to him, and he actually sits and listens patiently 😅. The tasks started off too easy so my son became bored at first but I encouraged him to keep going because they do get harder. That would probably be my only complaint: it takes a while to get to level appropriate material because of the linear progression. Of course, my son purposefully gets it wrong sometimes to see what happens, then laughs his head off, so maybe it’s not the app’s fault. The rewards are cute, though, and keep him interested. There is both online and offline content, and it is easy to check your child’s progress. A++.
Absolutely in love!!
My kids and I love this app so much. I homeschool my 4 babies, Using Khan Academy for my 9 and 14 year old. It was so hard finding an app that was free and appropriate for my 3 yr old twins. A lot of apps seemed a bit advanced in some areas or not advanced enough in others or appeared to be free then had all kinds of in app purchases.
When I found out Khan Academy kids was launching I was extremely excited. This has been a great experience. Being able to adjust the difficulty level as they progress has been great making for very easy transitions. I can’t wait to see what’s next to come with Khan Academy kids!
I tell everyone I know with small children about how amazing this app is. An actual free app that is fun, easy to use for parents and especially for kids, that allows you to easily track their progress. Khan Academy kids is by far the best I’ve ever use!!!! ❤️❤️❤️
THE best kids’ app
As a mother and a teacher, I’ve personally tried no less than 20 educational apps for kids age 2 to 6, and Khan Academy Kids is doubtlessly THE best one! I’m so glad and grateful that Khan Academy finally launched this awesome app for younger kids! I’ve just recommended it to all my friends and parents.
1. The lessons are the perfect combination of education+fun. They seem to be more age-appropriate in the difficulty level than other apps I’ve tried, and therefore more engaging to younger learners .
2. It’s fast. No need to waste your or your kids’ time waiting for the next lesson to load up.
3. IT’S FREE! Thank you Khan Academy for your goodwill to give the learning opportunity to less privileged children!
A few recommendations for parents:
1. We should always try to stay with our children when they are using this app. In other words, don’t let the screen be the parent. That way, we can be aware of their academic progress and able to offer help. We don’t need to sit right next to them, but should be within a short distance or in the same room to be able to hear/see what they are working on.
2. We should have a time limit for screen even with great apps like KAK. My personal preference for my kids and students is no more than 60 min / day.
Anyway, I hope everyone enjoy this app and thank you Khan Academy!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review and recommendations. We value your input and are very glad to hear that you like the app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.