From the creators behind Duolingo, the world’s #1 education app, comes Duolingo ABC! Duolingo ABC is the fun, hands-on way for your child to learn to read and write in English!
From preschool to first grade, engage kids with interactive stories and over 700 hands-on lessons. Duolingo ABC offers bite-sized lessons to help kids learn the alphabet, phonics, sight words, vocabulary, and more! Lessons also include multi-sensory activities, such as tracing, drag-and-drop prompts and more.
Interactive stories will teach kids to read and build fluency. Delightful stories include engaging imagery while reading words aloud to kids and highlighting each word spoken. This utilizes multi-sensory learning, and can help your child learn to read independently.
Fun mini games and rewards work in tandem with the bite-sized lessons, keeping kids motivated to learn while building their confidence.
Duolingo ABC helps kids have fun while they sound out words, practice reading and writing in English, and build reading literacy skills for a lifetime!!
DUOLINGO ABC FEATURES:
Lessons & Stories:
- Engage kids in hands-on learning they will love!
- New lessons are added often, so there is always something new to discover!
- Bite-sized lessons help kids learn phonics, sight words & vocabulary
- Enjoy fun activities like letter tracing and interactive stories, suitable for even the youngest learners
- Kids will love, play and learn from Duolingo ABC’s cast of characters!
Designed For Kids, By Experts:
- Designed by literacy & early-education experts to develop kids’ skills in phonics, sight words, reading & more
- Lessons are built to feel like a game, mixing learning with fun!
- Get children excited to learn with mini games & rewards to stay motivated and keep going
- Thoughtfully designed learning sequences will build confidence in your kids with each success!
Kid-Safe & Ad-Free
- Rest easy, parents: There are no ads or in-app purchases to worry about
- Age appropriate content: content is focused on preschool, kindergarten and first grade level lessons
- On a plane? At a restaurant? Duolingo ABC can be used anytime, anywhere
- Enjoy playing and learning offline - so kids can learn wherever you go
Duolingo ABC is an educational learning app that offers immersive lessons to teach preschool to first grade kids reading fundamentals.
Terms of Service: https://www.duolingo.com/terms
We work hard to pack bug fixes and other improvements into every release. Send us your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Ratings and Reviews
Duolingo is one of the most successful language-learning apps in the world. Now with Duolingo ABC, kids ages 3 to 6 can get in on the fun with English reading activities. Packed with games and engaging exercises, Duolingo ABC applies the same tried and true methods that make Duolingo so popular—only with a lot more cute monkeys.
Makes learning to read easy!
We first downloaded this app before a trip to see family for my gifted 2-year-old to use while traveling. She flew up to the 5th building pretty quickly but then got out of her depth when it came to lessons on assembling sentences. We then saw that in the settings you can reset the game. Brilliant! She’s going through again slower now that the novelty has worn off but still loves it.
My initial complaints were totally addressed in the settings, and I think this is awesome for accessibility for learners at all levels:
1. Speaking exercises: the app had trouble recognizing my daughter’s voice, whether it was from toddler language or volume. We found ourselves shouting at the app for her. You can easily turn off the speaking exercises in the settings which we have done now.
2. Tracing letters: my daughter is very interested in tracing the letters, but 2-year-olds lack the physical development to be able to do this skill. We noticed that she would intentionally do it wrong to get the guided tracing so she could do it perfectly. We were able to adjust this in the settings too to only offer her the guided tracing! We will turn the regular tracing back on next year probably.
Best early learning app!!!
I have homeschooled all 4 of our kids. (Oldest 16 youngest 7) we use DUOLINGO for teaching our two older boys Spanish. (We tried Rosetta Stone which was an absolute waste of money!) Duo Lingo is engaging and does an excellent job teaching to speak, read and write in Spanish. I saw the add for Duo abc and instantly thought of our 7 year old son who has Down Syndrome. His disability has made it a challenge to get him interested in learning. I have tried many different programs and apps, this is by far THE BEST app we have ever found!! I absolutely love it!!! The first time we opened he loved it!! It keeps his attention, and he’s finally learning his letters and sounds! The first time it asked him to say a word, I was nervous. He sees a speech therapist for his language. There are many times I (his mom) can’t even understand him. So when he repeated the word and it chimed because he got it right, I teared up a bit! I was ecstatic!! I can’t tell you how excited I am!! I have been telling all my homeschool friends!! Thank you Duo abc!!!! I am so grateful!!!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Duolingo, Inc
- 154.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Duolingo, Inc.