Become an Amsterdam connoisseur! Listen and get educated with fascinating stories from 22 experts. Experience it at home or in Holland. Get to know the Dutch culture now!
Learn everything about Holland's most fascinating area today. Use the app on your couch, during a flight, in the train or while exploring the Netherlands. Become an Amsterdam connoisseur with this amazing travel app. You'll get educated by historians, police officers, tour guides, real sex workers, archeologists, sexologists, entrepreneurs, locals and many other experts.
Amsterdam Audio Tours is fun, interesting and super exciting!
Whether you’re solo or with others, with this app you can decide yourself when you want to tour around in the famous "Wallen", while you have 22 experts and the best stories in your pocket. Experience how this part of Amsterdam represents the liberal and open-minded Dutch culture.
With Amsterdam Audio Tours you won’t be shackled to a tour group. Your eyes won’t be glued to guide books or gadgets. Just keep your eyes open and follow Sophie’s lead. You’ll safely walk down back alleys and push through secret passageways, to where the real hart of Amsterdam beats. We’ll peel back layers of history as if the walls could talk.
Bring friends if you want. You can listen together. The virtual tour guide will point out all the wonders in Amsterdam’s Red Light District. We’ll peel back layers of history as if the walls could talk.
Navigate the ‘De Wallen‘ area with the help of virtual tour guide Sophie, GPS, 31 highlights, photos and 22 experts that you’ll virtually meet along the way.
■ Virtual tour guide
■ Interactive map
■ City highlights
- Amsterdam Audio Tours also works offline. First download the tour, then you can listen to the audio offline and view the map offline.
- The GPS in combination with the audio ensures that you can concentrate on the best highlights in the city.
- The virtual tour guide will guide you between the fun & educational stories of the experts.
- Play, pause, stop and reply whenever you want, wherever you want.
Listen to stories of these 22 experts:
1) Patrick – Police officer
2) Jerzy Gawronski – City archaeologist
3) Veronique Verschueren – Smart shop owner
4) August de Loor – Drug researcher
5) Walther Schoonenberg – Architectural historian
6) Russell Shorto – Historian & author
7) Birgit Buchner – Director of hidden Catholic church
8) Dennis de Borst – CEO of FEBO Netherlands
9) Dr. Kate Lister – Sex work historian
10) Hugo van Heijningen – Founder of Red Light Radio
11) Herman Vuijsje – Sociologist and writer
12) Mariska Majoor – Sex worker activist
13) EJ – Tour guide
14) Theodoor van Boven – Owner of world’s first condom shop
15) Kasia – Window prostitute
16 & 17) Martine & Louise Fokkens – Twin sisters who worked as prostitutes for 50 years
18) Jan Otten – Owner of sex shows
19) Lyle Muns – Escort & local politician
20) Piet Middelkoop – Ex-cop who worked in Amsterdam Red Light District.
21) Henny Tinga – Front woman of Amsterdam Salvation Army.
22) Diana van Laar – Gay bar owner.
- Laws, safety & rules
- Languages and meaning of words
- Sex and contraceptives
- Social control
■ Language: English.
■ Duration: 2 hours.
■ Required: Smartphone & Headset.
Experience these highlights in Amsterdam:
* Weepers Tower
* De Wallen
* Zeedijk & The Old Sailors Quarter
* Canal houses
* Our Lord in the Attic
* Old Church (Oude Kerk)
* Red-lit window brothels
* Prostitution Information Centre
* Sex worker statue
* Narrow alleys
* Hidden art
* Amsterdam Stock Exchange
* Canal bridges
* Museum of Prostitution
* Peep show
* Blue-lit window brothels
* The Waag
* New Market Square
* Buddhistic Temple
* Moulin Rouge
* Salvation Army
* LGBT bar
* Dutch architecture
Need help with the app? Please contact us and we'll solve it as soon as possible. https://www.amsterdamredlightdistricttour.com/contact/
Update your app and become the very best Amsterdam connoisseur.
And in this release we improved the performance and fixed some minor bugs too.
Ratings and Reviews
Loved this tour
Fantastic tour of the Red Light District/De Wallen. I learned so much and it was so interesting/engaging. It was honestly better than many guided tours - the guide is fun to listen to, and she interviews many people in the city to explain their shops or professions. Highly highly recommend. The tour is about 2 hours and walks all over the Red Light District, but you can also break it up into smaller parts if you want, since it’s self guided (it also has a map so you can easily find each stop).
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your kind words! Great to hear that you like our app so much.
Tour was excellent, app has a few minor issues
First, the tour itself was an excellent overview of Amsterdams red lights district and I loved the little secrets along the way. I will say realistically the tour did not take fifty minutes more like two hours so be prepared for that.
The app has a few issues. The GPS is really sensitive and several tour stops are close to one another so it will skip to a new section in the middle of your current section a lot and it’s pretty irritating when it happens. You can’t turn it off without also turning the map off. Also I really wish there was a way to play the audio at 1.5x to go a little faster. I found myself just reading a few stops.
Overall though this was a great part of my trip and I liked the inclusion of other voices like the police officer and archaeologist. I’d recommend it for the money.
Recently downloaded the app, while I like everything))
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Elard Tissot
- 40.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Arabic, Basque, Bulgarian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2022 Amsterdam Red Light District Tours
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.