Learn and play the only game left in the world where the best computers cannot beat the best humans: BRIDGE! The greatest card game and the ultimate mind sport.
* FOR EXPERIENCED PLAYERS: Play anytime, 24/7: Practice solo, or enjoy the best "robot" duplicate bridge tournaments online and face off against players around the world.
* FOR BEGINNERS: Learn BRIDGE through fun, hand-crafted lessons, and earn rewards along the way. 100% free to learn.
Learn and practice the bridge card game play, bidding, and tactical skills necessary to hold your own against a series of bridge masters!
* LEARN bridge basics solo for free through 37 lessons, challenges, and competitions.
* COMPETE in robot bridge tournaments, including Knockouts, Quick Tournaments, and Daily Tournaments. Climb the skill ranks from Rookie to Grand Master.
* IMPROVE your game by playing with World Champion AI, online or offline
* PRACTICE bridge solo, any time
* CUSTOMIZE your bidding system
* COLLECT over 80 beautiful card backs, tabletops, and card face themes to customize your experience.
* COMPLETE achievements and missions for rewards.
* ENJOY great card feel -- never play the wrong card by accident
Hi, bridge players! This version:
- Fixes bugs in the bidding AI
- Fixes a bug that caused some players to enter Knockouts unknowingly
- Fixes "No internet connection" messages appearing while internet connection is good
- Fixes a display bug in the Summary tab in Tournaments
- Fixes replay bugs in Recent Tournaments
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Superb Bridge Experience
Tricky Bridge succeeds on several levels: beautiful interface, great competitive feedback and tournament modes, and a sure-footed bridge bot AI that makes few errors or head-scratching bids. For beginners, the lesson mode is a nice intro to basic concepts, more than sufficient to get someone into the shallow end of the pool. On the whole, the app is a joy to use as a single-player bridge experience. I’ve played daily for several weeks and was almost immediately persuaded to sign up for the one-year package.
A few quibbles that I hope will be ironed out over time: The “nice bid” signal, which I gather is supposed to signify a “correct” bid under SAYC, does not seem to trigger nearly often enough, which leads to extraordinarily slow progress in mastering the various bids on the cheat sheet. The Knockouts Tournament function, which I generally like, seems to auto-enroll me in first-round matches, leading to forfeit losses after 24 hours without my knowing that I am matched. And a profile badge exists for winning a Knockouts Tournament, but it hasn’t checked off even after a few four-win successes.
I would also love to see more complex lessons, and implementation of a puzzle mode offering a challenging “deal of the day” that could be run through repeatedly. But none of these wish-list items detract from a much-deserved five-star review.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the very thoughtful review. All your feedback makes sense -- we can expand "Nice Bid" to more bids, and we definitely need to fix that weird Knockouts bug. We would love to add more lessons and a daily challenge of some sort (I was thinking of a daily bidding poll first, where players could debate which bid to make)
I downloaded this app in the hopes of learning how to play bridge and then be able to play with people online. At first, I was not disappointed. There was a wonderfully easy to use and understand tutorial/campaign. It began to lay the foundation for a campaign of five sections, each ending in a tournament, teaching the subtleties of bridge the whole way. If it had delivered, or even said the rest would come out in a future update, this would be a five star rating. I may have even paid to unlock the rest of the campaign. However, after the second segment, the campaign just... Ended. No conclusion, no “to be continued”, just nothing. There are many aspects of bridge that it claimed it would teach me later, and just didn’t. What is doubling? It said not to worry, it would teach me later. What is that thing one of the characters mentioned toward the beginning? Again, later. I find myself lost in the freeplay mode as bots exploit mechanics I had no idea existed. Please either finish the campaign, or add some explanation to why it ends so abruptly.
Also, I would love to see an online matchmaking system and a way to play with friends. These are not necessary though - It would just be nice.
Edit: I have received a response I am satisfied with. The review has been changed from three to five stars.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review -- yes, we have written additional lessons and storyline but not coded them in to the game yet. We will look at the end-of-lessons flow as it exists now and adjust it so it's not so abrupt! Good idea.
Best bridge app with one flaw
I was new to bridge and this game taught it to me in a immersive way and I adore it. There is just one problem. Once I was done with the learning section I saw there was a set amount of deals. I shrugged it off and played and played until it said I had no more deals. I thought it would give some more the next day or something so I just left and there still wasn’t any more when I came back two days later. I feel like it’s disappointing to have to buy more deals. After the great time I had I was kind of annoyed. If there was a mechanic were the daily Bonus gave you 25 bids or something that would be great. Besides that I 100% recommend this game.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Forklift Studios LLC
- 372.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2020 Forklift Studios LLC
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month Unlimited Deals $9.99
- 1 Month Unlimited Deals $9.99
- 50 Deals $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.