Spirit Guide is an all-inclusive companion app for the board game Spirit Island.
• Energy / Element Trackers
• Notifications when innate abilities can be performed
• Information on all released spirits, scenarios and adversaries
• Achievement tracker to increase replayability
• Win / Loss tracking by spirit, scenario or adversary
• Setup guide to help new players with setting up the game
• Quick access to the official FAQ page within the app
• Randomizer that will select random spirits, scenario and/or adversary for multiple player counts
• Scoring calculator
• Allows for selecting which expansions you currently possess and automatically adjusts the available spirits, scenarios and adversaries.
• Ability to track multiple spirits.
• Game Log which allows you to fill out of a form that will allow you to say with spirits, scenario, adversary, number of players, etc. was used in a single game, score it, put a date on it, and save it to your device.
• The ability for your game log to be uploaded to the cloud for easy backup and to make game logs viewable from the web.
• The ability to unlocked elements from your spirit track so resetting the elements will take that into consideration.
All copyrighted assets are owned by Greater Than Games.
A small bug fix where Horizons DLC wouldn't unlock properly without restoring your purchase first.
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent Companion App for Spirit Island
This is an excellent tracker app for card plays, energy, and elements! Since downloading, I’ve used it alongside every game of Spirit Island I’ve played.
Its greatest strength is the instant in-app notifications when you’ve reached an elemental threshold for an innate power. Each spirit’s submenu includes all the information listed on the back of its physical spirit board as well as its unique rules.
The only things visually missing from the spirit submenus are the growth options, presence tracks, and specifics of each innate power. These (as well as the details of each spirit’s starting cards) might be good additions to future versions of the app, especially to consult when the physical game isn’t nearby.
When tracking multiple spirits, you have to double-tap the active spirit’s icon to cycle in order through the other tracked spirits. It would be nice if you could make another tracked spirit active just by tapping its specific image. Still, a very minor complaint compared to the app’s general ease of use!
Ultimately, this is an easy app to recommend if you play a lot of Spirit Island! I definitely recommend the extra $2 to unlock all the Jagged Earth and Promo Pack #2 spirits!
Great app for game tracking - though small issues with adversaries tracking
This app works well - I use it almost exclusively for game tracking. The other features are very well put together and I could see it being very useful for element tracking though I haven’t yet felt the need to use that in game.
The only very small issue I came across is that there is no option for level 0 of an adversary - which by the rule book is when you play without any of the levels and only with the escalation and added loss conditions on the top of the card. I’d be nice if that was distinguishable from level 1 since it does effect score and it’d be nice to see the difference between the 2.
Developer Response ,
We are so glad you are enjoying using the app! We just wanted to let you know the latest version, 2.3.3, has a fix in place for the Level 0 adversary scoring. Hope this helps!
Wonderful Resource and Reminder Tool
Spirit Island is an incredibly complex game with several bonus actions you can choose to take if you’ve met certain conditions. It’s hard enough to remember if you’re just playing solo let alone cooperative. Thankfully, this app is butter smooth and can keep track of when you’ve met criteria and alert you in a non intrusive way. I highly appreciate the interface not to mention the links to the official rules and FAQ.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nerd Room Software LLC
- 135.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Nerd Room Software, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Jagged Earth DLC $2.99
- Horizons of Spirit Island DLC $1.99
- Nice Contribution $0.99
- Great Contribution $4.99
- Good Contribution $2.99