This is cloud drive viewer with encryption. App supports device folders (external storage and samba are also supported in iOS13) and remote storages: Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, pCloud, WebDAV. Available encryption: rclone, CarotDAV and Cryptomator. This app can play media files with keeping encrypted. In addition, this app can play non-native media files (ex. mpeg2) with software decoder. You can edit your cloud storages: upload, make folder, rename, move, delete items.
In version 1.4.0, Chromecast support added. Please keep the app foreground and not lock the device while casting to Chromecast.
- Crash bug using unicode characters in rclone passwords.
- Crash bug when network chache reaches to limit.
- pCloud client_id is invalid(developer account was gone).
- Failed to cast under IPv6 network.
Ratings and Reviews
The app looks very interesting, is there an eta on Files support. It’s the only thing holding me back from Cryptomator everywhere. Thanks!
Pretty good but no self hosted backends
Pretty cool app and I like the idea. Both in practice and as a proof of concept of reversing rclone’s encryption.
But I really wish the core storage backend supported a self hosted option like WebDAV, sftp, or the like.
Developer Response ,
In ver1.4.2, app supports WebDAV backend. Please try it.
Works for Rclone crypt with Google drive backend
After some tinkering, I managed to add my rclone setup on my iPad, which will be really convenient for me. Thank you developer! Several suggestions for the application.
1. The UI can be more polished. After a remote is added, there is no way to rename/edit it. The only option is to delete and then add it again, which is slightly inconvenient. Also, when I created a remote with the same name as an existing remote, it will fail silently rather than telling me that remote already exist.
2. I would like to add the rclone crypt information manually (as I don’t want to copy the rclone configuration file to my iPad), but I am not sure what are password and salt for? In my rclone configuration file, there is no salt, only password and password2. It would be better if you can explain what those values corresponding to. Of course, adding from configuration file works, so I am not going to complain too much.
3. The built-in viewer works great. But It would be much more convenient and useful if you can integrate with the file API (i.e. sort of like rclone mount, allowing the iOS built-in file App to access the remote). Right now, as a workaround, I can export files to iPad and then allow other applications to access them. It will be more convenient if I can import from this app from other applications.
4. The app crashed after playing an (possibly corrupted) MPV file.
I am testing all these on iPad Air 4 with iPad OS 14.2.
I am hoping to hear you back and fixing these issues, particularly number 3. I would give you 5 star for that.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- ichiro NAKAHARA
- 57.5 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 lithium03
- In-App Purchases
- coffee $0.99
- fresh orange juice $4.99
- dinner $12.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.