80% fewer typos with the first keyboard made for your iPhone.
Featured on: TechCrunch, Houston Chronicle, Esquire, Evening Standard, Tech Radar, Mac Observer, App Advice
DID YOU KNOW?
Current keyboards are based on the 140-year-old mechanical typewriter layout. Typewise is different. It’s the first keyboard that is specifically designed for smartphones. It’s revolutionary yet easy to use, and after a couple of messages you’ll love it.
80% FEWER TYPOS
A recent study with 37,000 participants showed that on current keyboards 1 out of 5 words contains typos. With Typewise you finally get rid of these ARRGGHH-moments. Thanks to the hexagon layout, keys are 70% larger and much easier to hit. This reduces typos by 80%.
Swipe up to capitalize a letter, swipe left to delete or swipe right to restore. It's as simple as that.
Stop getting annoyed by wrong autocorrections or senseless predictions. Typewise learns what you type and helps you write that perfect sentence.
What you write is personal. That's why the keyboard does NOT require “full access” and none of your typing data is transmitted to the cloud.
SPEAKS YOUR LANGUAGES
Having to switch between different languages is cumbersome. With Typewise you can write in all your languages at once. Choose from 40+ languages and type in the accents you really need. Typewise supports:
- English (United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada)
- Dutch (Belgium, Netherlands)
- French (France, Canada, Switzerland)
- German (Austria, Germany, Switzerland)
- Portuguese (Portugal, Brazil)
- Swiss German
GET MORE WITH TYPEWISE PRO
- Type in multiple languages without switching
- Get personalized word suggestions
- Additional 16 awesome themes
- Create your own text replacements
- Turn on key vibration
- Turn on tablet mode
- Change font size
- Change swiping behavior
- Change space button sensitivity
- Automatically go back to letters after a space
- Flick down to undo auto corrections
Typewise is optimized for iPhones with iOS 12 or later.
Hurray, Typewise just got smarter and corrects more typos than ever before, such as accidental spaces or special characters!
Example: "li?ely" can be corrected to "likely" if "?" was pressed near "k". "Somet ing" can be corrected to "Something" if the space was pressed near "h".
Stay tuned for new features in the future! If you enjoy Typewise, please rate us in the App Store.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I really do like it
I like this a lot, ironically I’m not typing this with it though. It is very good however the adjustment period for the hexagon layout I love is still with me. My only complaints are the autocorrect features that are a bit wonky at times and the placement of certain keys (although the last one is still probably just me not being used to it) but otherwise it is very good and I like it. I just feel autocorrect could use a bit of fine tuning
Developer Response ,
Typewise automatically learns the word you type. If you notice a wrong correction it's important that you undo it by tapping on the notification in the Smart Bar above the keyboard. Then Typewise learns what you actually wanted to type and will improve over time. 😎
It has a lot of potential - but six things keep it from being my daily.
1) The autocorrect is fantastically bad and will change even common English words with no regard to the context of the word.
2) In English, the letter I is almost always capitalized in standalone usage. The keyboard will not autocorrect this and I cannot even set it as a custom replacement.
3) The keyboard refuses to auto-punctuate contractions and they, too, cannot even be customized as a text replacement.
5) No caps lock that I have found for when I need to write initializations and acronyms.
6) You cannot just backspace to the end of the previous word to restore it to your original if it gets autocorrected like you can on the iOS keyboard. That means you have to either reposition the cursor or retype the word. And, the keyboard shouldn’t keep autocorrecting once a word has been corrected manually. I tried five times to correct a word before I gave up because it wouldn’t hold my spelling.
I’m gonna keep my annual subscription because this does have great promise and you can’t fund improvements otherwise.
Developer Response ,
Hi McBacon, thanks a lot for your detailed feedback. Here some answers that may help :-)
1.) We are working on a major improvement. Do you have an example of what gets corrected wrongly?
2.) Agree, we're looking into that.
3.) Doesn't it correct "doesnt" to "doesn't" on your keyboard? What language have you selected in the app's settings?
5.) That has been requested and you can vote for it here: https://suggestions.typewise.app/suggestions/65495/caps-lock
6.) Simply tap on the grey button with the edit pencil that appears when an auto correction happens. This will undo it and will learn from that. When this happens the first time there was an info box explaining how it work.
Let us know how that works!
Thanks, your Typewise team
Wonderful Keyboard that Has Changed my Life.
Long, hard learning curve, but once I was there, I never wanted to go back. My typing speed and accuracy went up enormousely. That said, it is too easy to miss the space buttons and hit a key instead. I think space buttons would work much better on the outside of the keyboard. (If you've tried the keyboard, you'll know what I mean.) Also, please, please include a tab key, which would be much more useful than the achievements icon at the top left. Probably not for everyone, but give it a try.
Developer Response ,
Hi there! Thank you for your feedback. We got great news: This feature is actually under consideration, you can help us with a vote to quantify our users' suggestions and prioritize what is on-demand! You can vote here: https://suggestions.typewise.app/suggestions/113231/tab-key
- icoaching GmbH
- 113.5 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Typewise AG
- In-App Purchases
- Typewise PRO (Annual) $9.49
- Typewise PRO (Monthly) $1.99
- Typewise PRO (Lifetime) $24.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.