Dash Timer is a stopwatch and workout application elegantly combined into one robust and easy-to-use package. Designed specifically for Apple Watch.
It handles track workouts, intricate (or simple!) runs, and several other workout scenarios with ease. It also includes an extensive set of extra features including auto-lap capabilities, a starting pistol, timed haptics, physical button support, and more!
IMPORTANT: Rather than being designed for iPhone and then "watered down" for your wrist, Dash Timer was designed EXCLUSIVELY for the Apple Watch. The iPhone version of this application does not contain any stopwatch or workout features. For that, an Apple Watch (with watchOS 6.0 or later) is required.
- SEVERAL WORKOUT MODES: Outdoor Run, Indoor Run, T&F, Outdoor Bike, HIIT, Strength, and Other.
- WORKOUT HISTORY: Enjoy the ability to save previous workouts (with all of their details!) right on your wrist.
- APPLE HEALTH: Completed workouts in Dash Timer count towards Apple Health's activity rings, trends, awards, and competitions. You can even share them with friends!
- NOTES: add custom workout notes to be saved with each workout. These notes can describe how you felt, what you did, who you ran with, or anythign else you can think of!
- MAP DATA: Outdoor runs and bike rides save map data to Apple Health on iPhone.
- TARGET HEART RATE ZONES: you can choose to view your Max Heart Rate % and the associated target heart rate zone during a workout. Then, upon workout review, see how much of your workout fell into each target heart rate zone.
- CUSTOMIZABLE DATA: Instantly toggle (before OR during a workout!) between total workout duration, current mile/km/lap time, or previous mile/km/lap split; current mi/km/lap pace, average pace overall, or current pace; total distance, lap distance, or elevation gain; and current heart rate, heart rate max %, target heart rate zones, or calories burned.
- MANUAL or AUTOMATIC WORKOUT LAPS: add laps to runs and bike rides whenever you want, or customize a distance in which they are automatically taken. Laps keep track of time, distance, and pace.
- PHYSICAL BUTTON SUPPORT: Control the stopwatch and your workout with the side button and Digital Crown.
- SAVE STOPWATCH ENTRIES: Stopwatch entries can be saved to every workout. These are especially useful for T&F workouts, but can be saved to any workout of your choice.
- TIMED HAPTICS: let Dash Timer tap your wrist (or beep) at pre-determined intervals of time. T&F athletes can use this to make sure they are staying on pace during an interval. Weight lifters can use this to time their rest intervals, sets, or even individual reps. Those participating in a HIIT workout can use timed haptics to keep track of when they should change activities. CrossFit users can use timed haptics for EMOM workouts. Sometimes, it just isn't convenient to look at your watch while working out. That's where timed haptics come in!
- COMMAND STARTS: don’t have a starting pistol handy? Dash Timer can give you starting commands and start the stopwatch when the pistol goes off.
- MUSIC CONTROLS: control your music, podcasts, or other audio right from within the app. When viewing the stopwatch or a workout, spinning the Digital Crown (volume rocker) acts as a shortcut to open music controls quickly.
- INTUITIVE STOPWATCH CONTROLS: Tap to start/stop the stopwatch, swipe down to reset, and swipe up to view and add laps.
- MORE: Please visit www.dashtimer.com for more information and for any support you might need. Thank you for using Dash Timer!
There are a lot of new features in v2.0! Please consider leaving an App Store review to tell us how we did with this new update.
- NEW WORKOUT MODES: In addition to outdoor runs, T&F, and strength workouts, Dash Timer now also supports bike rides, indoor runs, and HIIT workouts.
- WORKOUT HISTORY! Enjoy the ability to save a history of previous workouts right on your wrist!
- MAP DATA: Outdoor runs and bike rides now save map data to Apple Health on iPhone.
- NO MORE "PREPARING FOR WORKOUT!" Just hit the "Go!" and start moving!
- TARGET HEART RATE ZONES: Make sure your Date of Birth is included in your profile section of iPhone’s Health App. Then, simply toggle through the bottom-right quadrant during a workout to see your Max Heart Rate % and the associated target heart rate zone. Workout summaries also give you a break-down of how much time was spent in each zone.
- ELEVATION GAIN: Dash Timer now uses GPS coordinates to keep track of current elevation as well as cumulative elevation gain.
- MUSIC SHORTCUT: If looking at the stopwatch or workout screen, turning the digital crown now acts as a shortcut for the music player.
- INCREASED PERFORMANCE: Boosted!
We genuinely hope you enjoy your workouts. Stay happy and healthy! Reach out and learn more at www.DashTimer.com.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app finally brings all of the features I expect from a GPS stopwatch. First off, I’ve tried many alternatives and haven’t found an Apple Watch app that makes taking splits a good and normal experience. This app makes it as easy as a stopwatch - I love how you have the choice between tapping part of the screen, swiping up, or using the physical buttons (my preference) to take a split at any time. In my opinion as a cross country/track runner, this is a must-have for a stopwatch to be able to track various workout splits and I was very frustrated with many other apps not even having the ability to take splits.
Beyond that, the app is very reliable, easy to use, customizable, you don’t need to carry your phone for it to work, and it saves all the data well to Apple Health. I haven’t seen any other app that has all of these things in one. On top of that, it is really built for a competitive runner and has some really cool little features such as timed haptics and a “starting pistol”. This is about as good as it gets for an Apple Watch app for competitive runners, and I’m sure there will be even more nice features coming as the app grows!
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your detailed recommendation! Yes — We definitely plan to update and grow! Please reach out if you think of ways we could improve the app. 🔥
I am a distance runner in high school. For about a year and a half I used the Nike running feature that watch had given me when I bought it. Unfortunately it wasn’t able to correctly clock in miles or allow me to take splits and no other app was working as well as the Nike one. Dash Timer has done all of those things in the 3 weeks I have used the app, allowing me to know how many miles I have ran during a track workout as well as know my splits for the workout. This is the best app I’ve used for running and highly recommend. Also, after a week of using Dash Timer I broke my school record for the 5k, almost positive that is correlation. I guess you’ll have to try it for yourself!
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for the fun and positive review! We love that you are getting so much out of the app! 😊
Honestly the best out there
I’m a cross country runner in high school, so I need to know all of my splits and the normal apple green running man doesn’t always cut it. It’s hard to read and doesn’t have all the features I want. But this app has everything! It has things for sprinters, timed intervals for when I know I need to pick things up, and so much more. I’m not lying, runner to runner, this app is the best one out there.
Developer Response ,
Dash Timer was made by a serious runner, so we are absolutely thrilled that it is helping you with your XC needs! Thank you so much for the positive review!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.