Focus features a new transcode feature to archive old videos using a fraction of the space, and an updated export function that works with corrupt videos.
Focus helps you find the video you're looking for quickly and efficiently. No more sorting through an endless list to locate the event you've had on your mind. Use the built-in calendar to find events on they day they happened. Flag an event so you can find it again quickly. Organize by location or by date. Focus is built for convenience.
Tired of dragging a scroller across the screen only to have your software jump back and lose position? Focus has been built to quickly and accurately scrub videos to find what you're looking for. Play videos up to 10X speed* or pause and move one frame at a time, all using simple keyboard commands.
* Scrub speed will depend on your computers capabilities and the speed of the drive.
Sentry videos can be large, and as Tesla adds more cameras, they just get larger. If you need a portion of an event, or from a particular camera - Focus has you covered. The built-in editor allows you to mark the portions of an event you want to export and share, then export it with a single click. Choose all views or zoom in on a particular view - Focus will export only what you need. Focus will even detect corrupt frames in the source video and clean them up to make them exportable.
Every request we get is responded to, usually within 24 hours. Focus is updated on a regular basis and many popular features have come from customer requests.
Features (the obligatory list)
- Quick identification of where and when Sentry events took place. The nearest city is listed in the event listing, and clicking an event allows you to jump directly to the time Sentry mode was activated, as well as see where the event occurred on the integrated map.
- Sort by location or date.
- Built in clip selection and export. Select multiple clips from the new video scrubber and export portions of your dashcam videos. No more exporting entire 10 minutes videos only to have to edit in other programs!
- V10 support - view 4 cameras (front, back, left and right repeaters) at once.
- A built in calendar that allows you to easily locate videos, showing you at a glance how many events occurred on a given date.
- 60 second videos are automatically stitched together so you can seamlessly view TeslaCam events.
- All cameras can be viewed at once, or you can zoom to a particular camera for a larger view.
- Videos can be exported in various sizes. Export all cameras to one video, or export individual cameras.
- Flag videos of interest to review later.
- Delete videos that you no longer need right inside of Focus.
- Filter videos by event type (Sentry, Recent or Saved). (macOS only)
- Adjust the speed of the videos to scan through a large number of videos at once (from 0 to 10 times speed).
- Support for full screen (on macOS) and dark mode.
- Tested with videos produced by both HW2.5 and HW3 versions of Autopilot.
- Automatically locates the inserted drive when the "Select TeslaCam folder..." button is clicked, but you can also select an archived TeslaCam folder on any storage device.
- Recent, Sentry, and Saved videos are automatically integrated into the calendar.
- Native Apple M1 support.
- Jump to sentry event.
- Keyboard editing with frame by frame scanning.
- Transcode option to clean up corrupt videos and save space.
- Adds the option to transcode videos. Transcoding fixes any corrupt frames, and offers different quality settings to save space for archival purposes.
- Updates the export function to transcode corrupt videos when detected.
- Fixes an issue where videos with missing cameras could not be exported.
Ratings and Reviews
Very Useful Functionality for Video Review and Stable
Thank you for a really useful app, I was able to go through a month's sentry and saved videos in about 10 minutes which was great.
Thank also for continuing to add features.
Could I make a few suggestions
- The video swipe bar is great
- Video control could be a little closer to MacOS default (see Quicktime Browser)
- Allow arrows to move/jump back-and-forth in timeline etc like QT
- Click and drag to select a range (rather than click and click again)
- Add keyboard shortcuts to quickly set the speed of playback at say x1, x2, x5 and x10
- Keyboard shortcut to jump to the time of the Sentry trigger event
- Option to not require confirmation on deleting file
- Icons are a little small, especially given they are down at the bottom of screen. Easy to overlook.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review, I appreciate the feedback and will look at adding these features in the near future.
With regards to using the arrows - they are currently being used to navigate the calendar. However, you can use the , and . keys to move back one frame and ahead one frame, respectively.
Excellent update to very useful Tesla dashcam/Sentry video viewer
After emailng the developer, he fixed my previous issue and then some. Combined with my "modified" Roadie and a custom Python daemon I wrote to automatically fetch videos whenever the Roadie is connected to my home WiFi, this is an awesome way to review videos without needing to deal with Tesla's nice but limited in-car viewer or the less efficient UI with the Roadie app.
I had written some AppleScript scripts to try to make ripping through hundreds of videos faster, and this app is basically what I had in mind when I started on that unfinished endeavor. When it works, it's absolutely fantastic. I do find that it has a few bugs yet... pausing the video and then resuming doesn't actually resume the video until you fiddle with the progress bar, and it gets really confused with corrupted videos that unfortunately Tesla still writes out.
Very happy with the app, though. These glitches are minor and probably easy to resolve.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback.
I'm not sure what version of macOS you are running, but the handling of corrupted videos is substantially better on Catalina than prior versions of macOS. On versions prior to Mojave, the issues you mention (pausing and resuming video, issues with corrupt videos) is especially noticable.
Exactly what I wanted. Very easy to view videos by date, and one click of the timestamp shows the video from all 4 cameras. It even stitches together the 1 minute clips into a longer video if they were recorded continuously.
One suggestion I think would be cool is the ability to customize the placement of clips on the screen. My prefered location would be the front camera up top, and the 3 other cameras below. Just a minor suggestion but this app is great!
Developer Response ,
Agreed - customized clip placement would be a nice addition. I'll get it in an upcoming release.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Boundary Labs LLC
- 7.6 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Boundary Labs LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.