Focus Dashcam Organizer features the ability to manage, export, and flag Tesla Dashcam videos on the Mac - and now the iPhone and iPad too (purchase once and run anywhere). The built-in calendar allows you to quickly find your recordings, and the management tools let you delete unwanted recordings and flag those of interest.
Some of the features include:
- Built in clip selection and export. Select multiple clips from the video scrubber and export portions of your dashcam videos. No more exporting entire 10 minute videos, only to have to perform edits in other programs!
- V10 support - view 4 cameras at once (front, back, left and right repeaters)
- A built in calendar that allows you to easily locate videos, showing you at a glance how many events occurred on a given date.
- 60 second videos are automatically stitched together so you can seamlessly view TeslaCam events.
- All cameras can be viewed at once, or you can click an individual camera to zoom to that particular camera.
- Videos can be exported in various sizes. Export all cameras to one video, or export individual cameras.
- Flag videos of interest to review later
- Delete videos that you no longer need right inside of Focus.
- Filter videos by event type (Sentry, Recent or Saved)
- Adjust the speed of the videos to scan through a large number of videos at once (from 0 to 10 times speed).
- Support for full screen and dark mode
- Tested with videos produced by both HW2.5 and HW3 versions of Autopilot
- Automatically locates the inserted drive when the "Select TeslaCam folder..." button is clicked, but you can also select an archived TeslaCam folder on any storage device.
- Recent Videos are automatically integrated into the calendar and marked as "Recent".
Focus is now available on the iPhone/iPad. If you purchase Focus (or have previously purchased it), you now also own the iPhone/iPad version.
The primary new feature for version 1.8 is compatibility with the iOS version. When you tag events on one device, the flag will show up when loaded on other devices.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very useful Tesla dashcam/Sentry video viewer
I had written some AppleScript scripts to try to make ripping through hundreds of videos faster, and this app is basically what I had in mind when I started on that unfinished endeavor. When it works, it's absolutely fantastic. I do find that it has a few bugs yet... pausing the video and then resuming doesn't actually resume the video until you fiddle with the progress bar, and it gets really confused with corrupted videos that unfortunately Tesla still writes out.
Very happy with the app, though. These glitches are minor and probably easy to resolve.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback.
I'm not sure what version of macOS you are running, but the handling of corrupted videos is substantially better on Catalina than prior versions of macOS. On versions prior to Mojave, the issues you mention (pausing and resuming video, issues with corrupt videos) is especially noticable.
Very Useful Functionality for Video Review and Stable
Thank you for a really useful app, I was able to go through a month's sentry and saved videos in about 10 minutes which was great.
Thank also for continuing to add features.
Could I make a few suggestions
- The video swipe bar is great
- Video control could be a little closer to MacOS default (see Quicktime Browser)
- Allow arrows to move/jump back-and-forth in timeline etc like QT
- Click and drag to select a range (rather than click and click again)
- Add keyboard shortcuts to quickly set the speed of playback at say x1, x2, x5 and x10
- Keyboard shortcut to jump to the time of the Sentry trigger event
- Option to not require confirmation on deleting file
- Icons are a little small, especially given they are down at the bottom of screen. Easy to overlook.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review, I appreciate the feedback and will look at adding these features in the near future.
With regards to using the arrows - they are currently being used to navigate the calendar. However, you can use the , and . keys to move back one frame and ahead one frame, respectively.
Exactly what I wanted. Very easy to view videos by date, and one click of the timestamp shows the video from all 4 cameras. It even stitches together the 1 minute clips into a longer video if they were recorded continuously.
One suggestion I think would be cool is the ability to customize the placement of clips on the screen. My prefered location would be the front camera up top, and the 3 other cameras below. Just a minor suggestion but this app is great!
Developer Response ,
Agreed - customized clip placement would be a nice addition. I'll get it in an upcoming release.
- Boundary Labs LLC
- 4.4 MB
macOS 10.13 or later. Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Boundary Labs LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.