Climb is a language-learning application that boosts your vocabulary by helping you to discover and memorize new words.
TEST YOUR VOCABULARY
– Find out how many English words you know.
– Match with a famous person.
– Get a personalized word list based on your level.
– Each word comes with a funny GIF animation.
– Translate to your native language with integrated Google Translate.
– Check out slang definitions from Urban Dictionary.
– Oxford dictionary with idioms, phrasal verbs, and more.
– Pronounce every word with the different accents.
PRACTICE TO LEARN
– Create any practice list you want.
– Practice every day with fun, bite-size exercises.
– Visual learning with GIFs, active recalling, and spaced repetition techniques.
GIF OF THE DAY
– Get a daily word with a funny GIF.
– Read a related news to get a better understand how the word is used in a context.
– If you like the word, add it to your practice list!
1. Reading something in Safari? Got a text with a word you don't know?
2. Simply select any word, then tap "Share" and choose "Define in Climb" to get its definition and add it to your practice list.
3. For inspiration, check out the "Explore" section, which has professionally-curated word lists for various levels.
Currently, we only support English language-learning, but we plan to add others soon. Please submit this form if you're interested in a particular language: theclimb.app/nextlanguage
Any ideas, questions or feedback? We’d love to hear it! Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
While most of the Climb's functionality is free (adding words, GIFs in the dictionary, GIF of the day), in order to continue practicing, you will be prompted to subscribe with a free 7-day trial. If you choose to purchase Subscription, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
We offer the following subscription durations: 1 month, 3 months, and 12 months.
Terms of service: https://theclimb.app/terms/
– Now you can report during the quiz if something is wrong.
– Improved GIF sharing.
– Small improvements in the definitions interface.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I love this app! It really helps when I’m reading a new book or watching a new movie. I just make a list with the title and add all the words i don’t understand. Then I use the quiz feature to learn those words. Quizzing yourself is really great, because that’s exactly how people learn. It turns the process into active learning versus just passively looking up the definition of the word. Makes the words actually stick in your brain. Been looking for something like this for ages. Awesome job!
I love this app; however...
The practice rounds are long enough to feed you several words at a time so that the definitions and understandings become easier to retain. I enjoy the different ways to learn vocabulary by use of multiple choice and typing in the word to best fit the definition. I DO NOT like the GIFs. Yes, they are fun starting out using the app, but they are not always 100% accurate. They can be vague and throw off the meaning of some vocabulary.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback! You're right, sometimes GIFs could be better. We just updated the app (version 1.5.10) and now it's possible to report from the quiz if a GIF is incorrect or misleading. We constantly work on improving the quality of our content and your reporting in case of mistakes will be highly appreciated.
Climb test review
The app looks awesome. I’m not a native speaker but I have lived in North America for over 7 years. I found multiple words that I didn’t know and the app thought it to me in a really fun way. You can also choose categories in which you would want to increase your vocabulary in. Overall I think it’s more fun to log in time to time and work on your vocabulary than dig through the dictionary.
- Climb Apps, LLC
- 58.4 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Climb Apps, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Climb Monthly Subscription $9.99
- Climb Quarterly Subscription $19.99
- Climb Yearly Subscription $59.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.