Single Origin 2 helps you brew the perfect cup every time:
• Pulse pouring: Pour in steps as your coffee brews to get the perfect balance of sour, sweet, and bitter notes.
• Iced recipes: Every pour over includes recipes for iced versions with an in-recipe toggle.
• Tasting notifications: Get a notification to taste your coffee once it has cooled. Tapping the notification takes you straight to a quick rating card.
• Dark mode: Easily brew all night with dark mode.
• Rate your brew: Add tasting notes, an overall rating, and notes to each brew.
• Smart suggestions: Once you rate your brew, you'll see a suggestion of how to improve next time.
• A variety of brew methods:
• Chemex (6 and 3 cup)
• Eva Solo
• French press (3, 4, and 8 cup)
• Kalita Wave (185 and 155)
• V60 (#02, #01)
• A variety of supported grinders:
• Generic Grinder (1-10)
• Baratza Encore and Virtuoso (1-40)
• Capresso Infinity (0-10)
• Cuisinart DMB-8 (1-18)
• Mahlkönig EK43 (0-16)
• Adjustable units: Granularly define units in grams, ounces, or measuring cups. Fahrenheit and Celsius also supported.
• Choose your grinder: Choose your grinder to record grind settings.
This update includes:
- Smoother splash screen animation and a more distinctive "Finish Brew" button.
- General bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app / One Request
I really like this app. Helps guide my technique for the French press. Plus - has settings for my new grinder which is helpful!
One ask - add a setting to choose how dark you want to make the brew. I did the 3 cup French press, with the amount of grounds specified, and it came out very light. I think choosing between light/medium/strong would be awesome :)
Thanks for the app!!
It appears as if they removed the cold brew pour over from the list which is a bit annoying. Hope they add it back. It makes a a good cup but it’s not much different from the free version except it adds in a lot of different brewing methods.
EDITED: thanks for the response! I found the iced method inside the brewing options! Makes a great cup of coffee. It’s worth the buck or so for the upgrade.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review! Single Origin 2 still has iced methods, they’re just inside the pour over methods as a toggle under the first input. Different pour over methods require different ice ratios and timing, so we made it more accurate by making the toggle inside each brew method. Enjoy the app and your iced coffee!
Not happy, unable to customize
Be sure your brew method is listed. Also be sure your grinder is listed. Neither of these can be added to. This seems like a HUGE oversight. The limited list of grinders (6 total, and one is a $3000 commercial unit) is not even shown prior to purchase Waste of money.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.