Single Origin 2 helps you brew the perfect cup every time:
• Pulse pouring: Pour in steps as your coffee brews to get the perfect balance of sour, sweet, and bitter notes.
• Iced recipes: Every pour-over includes recipes for iced versions with an in-recipe toggle.
• Tasting notifications: Get a notification to taste your coffee once it has cooled. Tapping the notification takes you straight to a quick rating card.
• Dark mode: Easily brew all night with dark mode.
• Rate your brew: Add tasting notes, an overall rating, and notes to each brew.
• Smart suggestions: Once you rate your brew, you'll see a suggestion of how to improve next time.
• A variety of brew methods:
• Chemex (6 and 3 cup)
• Eva Solo
• French press (3, 4, and 8 cup)
• Kalita Wave (185 and 155)
• V60 (#02, #01)
• A variety of supported grinders:
• Generic Grinder (1-10)
• Baratza Encore and Virtuoso (1-40)
• Capresso Infinity (0-10)
• Cuisinart DMB-8 (1-18)
• Mahlkönig EK43 (0-16)
• Fellow Ode (1-11)
• Adjustable units: Granularly define units in grams, ounces, or measuring cups. Fahrenheit and Celsius also supported.
• Choose your grinder: Choose your grinder to record grind settings.
Bug fixes and other improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Great Little App
This is a great brewing app that has nice features such as selecting a grinder, and recommendations on grind setting for that grinder, as well as the ability to enter an changes to the temp and grind size. It is also very simple to use and has a very easy interface. Great app for such a cheap price!
The only recommendedations I have that would completely transform the app is that it would be nice to be able to input the type of coffee brewed as well has have a list of the typical flavor notes from the coffee tasting wheel you could check after your brew. Also, it would be nice to have a coffee log where you could enter the different types of coffee you have in circulation with origin, roast date, suggested flavors, etc (especially for home roasters) that you could track and search. This is quite a big change but would really be awesome.
love this app, helps me keep track of the beans i use and how well each brew turns out.
Only complaint is that there is no way to filter through your notes. would be nice to have a section where i can write in a brand and type of beans, so i can filter through how i made things. would also be nice to be able to select / move / order notes, and have an easier way to delete notes.
Also, just a note, i notice that sometimes at the end of the chemex specifically, that when the video ends there’s a bright green flash before it replays the video.
That all being said, I really like this app! All of these are minor complaints.
Great app / One Request
I really like this app. Helps guide my technique for the French press. Plus - has settings for my new grinder which is helpful!
One ask - add a setting to choose how dark you want to make the brew. I did the 3 cup French press, with the amount of grounds specified, and it came out very light. I think choosing between light/medium/strong would be awesome :)
Thanks for the app!!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jon Samp
- 67.2 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Jon Samp
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.