Featured in Apple's 'Productivity Apps We Love'!
Overwhelmed by the mental load of housework? Need a fairer way to share tasks and chores? Let ZenDen be your house manager.
• Add recurring tasks, then never think again about how long it's been since someone cleaned the shower
• Share with a housemate, and we'll equitably rotate task assignments
• Keep it simple – the home view shows you only what you need to do today
• Busy, out of town, or just can't? Skip, snooze, or reassign your tasks – and our "Keep it Fair" functionality automatically adjusts task distribution
• Create reminders, shared grocery lists, to-do lists, and with one-off tasks
• Check up on what got done by who with the History filter
• Automatic syncing across all your housemate’s devices
• Access everything offline, and ZenDen will sync when you're connected again
After a 1 month free trial, the app requires a subscription.
YOUR DATA BELONGS TO YOU
We believe your data should only belong to you, so we built this app a little differently. We don't store anything on our servers or use tracking or product metrics. Everything is in your personal iCloud account, and only you and your housemates can see the data.
ZenDen is available for iOS and iPad.
Terms of service: https://zendenapp.com/terms
Fixed some minor bugs in push notifications
New in 1.2.0:
- Added push notifications for being reassigned a task or when someone creates a new task you're part of
- Don't like the new notifications? Go into zen mode to receive a minimal number of notifications.
- Assign one-off tasks this week, this weekend or next week as well as specific days
- Easily share a ghost user's tasks for today with others
- Added a button to create a checklist on tasks which don't currently have a list
- Lists automatically collapse on completed tasks (more zen)
- Tasks that you completed on previous days are hidden from your today view (even more zen!)
- Add haptic feedback in a few places
- Fixed a bug which would cause a push notification to show up a bit too much
- Improved performance in a few places
- Fixed a bug which would make syncing slow sometimes
- Fixed a bunch of bugs and made a few other small improvements
Did we miss something? Do you have a great idea? Let us know at email@example.com!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Overall great app—easy interface, well-organized. My only complaint is the assignment of tasks. I love that users can assign individual and rotating tasks. However, I think adding an “everyone” option and the ability to assign specific chores to multiple people would take this app from wonderful to spectacular. I live in a house with roommates, and trying to keep everyone accountable for their own messes is a struggle. Our household has a daily dishwashing chore for everyone’s own dishes. Only problem is there’s no “everyone” option for task assignment. Also, only certain members of the home are responsible for pet care since not everyone owns a pet in the house. Being able to assign “walk dogs” to only two people instead of anyone/one person would be grand. Please consider!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the compliments and feedback! I presume you were able to find that you can assign tasks to 'anyone', but maybe this is a bit different to 'everyone' where everyone needs to check it off? We'll definitely consider this for the future. And assigning tasks to a few specific people is on our list. We hope to get it into the app soon :). Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have more specifics on these features so we make sure to build it right.
Really seeing the benefit 1 month in
My husband and I have been using the app for a month, and I realized today when he was putting the trash out for morning pickup that I hadn’t had to think about putting the trash out that whole time. Takes a few weeks to see the difference— I’m really happy now that I am spending less time thinking about the list of to dos and don’t need to check up on his stuff. Definitely recommend.
Great app! It helps us both know all the chores are going to get done without us having to check in on each other. And if one of us is away, it’s a nice organized list of everything that needs doing.
- Lockwood Productions, LLC
- 64.1 MB
Requires iOS 13.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Lockwood Productions LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $2.49
- Annual Subscription $11.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.