Featured in Apple's 'Productivity Apps We Love'!
Overwhelmed by the mental load of housework? Need a fairer way to share tasks and chores? Let ZenDen be your house manager.
• Add recurring tasks, then never think again about how long it's been since someone cleaned the shower
• Share with a housemate, and we'll equitably rotate task assignments
• Keep it simple – the home view shows you only what you need to do today
• Busy, out of town, or just can't? Skip, snooze, or reassign your tasks – and our "Keep it Fair" functionality automatically adjusts task distribution
• Create reminders, shared grocery lists, to-do lists, and with one-off tasks
• Check up on what got done by who with the History filter
• Automatic syncing across all your housemate’s devices
• Access everything offline, and ZenDen will sync when you're connected again
After a 1 month free trial, the app requires a subscription.
YOUR DATA BELONGS TO YOU
We believe your data should only belong to you, so we built this app a little differently. We don't store anything on our servers or use tracking or product metrics. Everything is in your personal iCloud account, and only you and your housemates can see the data.
ZenDen is available for iOS and iPad.
Terms of service: https://zendenapp.com/terms
Fixes a minor bug where the checklist view would be partially hidden by the keyboard.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app! Could use a couple more features
I’ve only had this app for a day, but I’m already loving it. There are a few more features that would make it even better, though:
1. A calendar view with color coding or filter by owner so I can more easily see where to spread out chores so they don’t all land on the same days/weekends. Even if I couldn’t edit tasks directly from there at first, just the view would help see where a bunch of things are clustered.
2. Ability to Alternate between only certain people instead of everyone. For example, I only want my husband and I to clean the master bedroom, or I want only the kids to alternate cleaning the shared bathrooms.
3. Allow multiple owners for things. Example: something an adult might want to do with a child. Right now a work around is to just assign it to the adult, which is fine, but I could see other possible uses for this, too, like I want all the kids to rake the leaves, etc.
4. While I’m happy with the checklist attached to the task, my husband really wants a general notes field to put a longer description than the name, but not in checklist format. To me, the checklist meets that need, but I can see how a notes field might be useful for some.
All in all, though, a wonderful app that’s already making my life easier after one day! It seems like this is going to be well worth the yearly subscription price. Great job!!
Overall great app—easy interface, well-organized. My only complaint is the assignment of tasks. I love that users can assign individual and rotating tasks. However, I think adding an “everyone” option and the ability to assign specific chores to multiple people would take this app from wonderful to spectacular. I live in a house with roommates, and trying to keep everyone accountable for their own messes is a struggle. Our household has a daily dishwashing chore for everyone’s own dishes. Only problem is there’s no “everyone” option for task assignment. Also, only certain members of the home are responsible for pet care since not everyone owns a pet in the house. Being able to assign “walk dogs” to only two people instead of anyone/one person would be grand. Please consider!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the compliments and feedback! I presume you were able to find that you can assign tasks to 'anyone', but maybe this is a bit different to 'everyone' where everyone needs to check it off? We'll definitely consider this for the future. And assigning tasks to a few specific people is on our list. We hope to get it into the app soon :). Please email us at email@example.com if you have more specifics on these features so we make sure to build it right.
Really seeing the benefit 1 month in
My husband and I have been using the app for a month, and I realized today when he was putting the trash out for morning pickup that I hadn’t had to think about putting the trash out that whole time. Takes a few weeks to see the difference— I’m really happy now that I am spending less time thinking about the list of to dos and don’t need to check up on his stuff. Definitely recommend.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Lockwood Productions, LLC
- 63.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Lockwood Productions LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $2.49
- Annual Subscription $11.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.