Smoke is primarily an Apple Watch app that brings parts of Steam, the online video game store, to the Apple Watch! It aims to provide a simple user experience that gives users access to key information and statistics from both their own and their friends accounts.
Here is what Smoke can do:
- View the games you own as well as your achievement statuses and total play time
- View the store information for the games you and your friends own (Price, review and player numbers, genre etc.)
- See if your friends are online and the games they have recently played
- Find news articles for the games you own.
- Tap a news article to save it to your phone!*
- Customise the iOS app by choosing the theme colour and changing the app icon*
- Share saved news articles with friends
Please note: Many of Smoke's features require you to have your Steam account set to Public. If you don't know how to change your account settings, Smoke provides a link to simplify the process! To view the account details of your friends, their account must be Public as well.
*Smoke Plus is required to use these features.
Smoke 1.1 is finally here, and brings with it a few bug fixes plus a new feature! Here is a handy list of what's included:
- Fixed a bug where the You section would crash if a user had not configured their Steam Community page (watchOS)
- Fixed a bug where user’s profile would crash if they recently played a game without enough public information (game title, logo etc.)(watchOS)
- Friends, Games and News are now sorted by alphabetical order by default. Friends can also be sorted by their status and Games can be sorted by hours played. Configured in Settings. (watchOS)
- Other bug fixes and improvements.
Hopefully these fixes solve some of the problems a few users were having, and the new sorting feature makes trawling through all your friends and games a little bit easier.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app took some work and that’s cool that someone made it. It really is useful to be able to access this info on my watch.
Only thing I wished was available and maybe the developer can work on it is to be able to get the authentication code on your watch for when logging into pc etc
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the positive review and feedback. As far as I know, Steam does not offer a service that would enable me to implement that, however should it become available in the future, I will add it in. If you know of a way I could go about it, don’t hesitate to email me or send me a DM on Twitter via the Smoke app. Thanks!
Crashes on Watch
Installed, logged in to Steam on phone.
Opened app on watch 5, can view friends list.
Every time I open my profile, crash.
Uninstalling and not looking back.
Developer Response ,
These bugs have been fixed. Your account must be set to Public to view your friends list. I hope you reconsider uninstalling Smoke!
- Damien Sheridan
- 20.4 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 and watchOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2019 Archer Gardiner-Sheridan
- In-App Purchases
- Smoke Plus $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.