SynthMaster One for iPhone is KV331 Audio's first full blown synth app for iPhone. It's a powerful wavetable synth with an intuitive workflow. With its simple layout, rich wavetable/waveform content and inspiring factory presets library, designing new sounds with SynthMaster One for iPhone is a joy.
SynthMaster One for iPhone is feature wise identical to the desktop version except the following:
* 8 voice polyphony (32 for the desktop version)
* Comes with 300 presets (1250 for the desktop version)
* 300 Factory Presets: SynthMaster One iOS comes with inspiring factory presets from a world class team of sound designers: Arksun, Aiyn Zahev, BigTone Studios, Brian Transeau, Bluffmunkey, Bulent Biyikoglu, Gercek Dorman, Dejavu Sound, Fragment Audio, Kurt Ader, Mirko Ruta, Nori Ubukata, Rob Lee, Ufuk Kevser, Selcuk Ergen, The Machine, Vandalism Sound, Venus Theory, Vorpalsound and Xenos Soundworks
* AUv3: SynthMaster One iOS supports AudioUnits V3, allowing multiple instances to run under supporting DAW apps like GarageBand, Cubasis or Beat Maker.
* Files App Integration: Easily import/export presets, waveforms or scales using the common file browser UI (requires iOS 11+).
* Real-time Modulation Feedback: See in real-time how modulation sources and targets change. This is a very helpful feature when designing sounds!
* Cross Platform Cloud Synchronization: Easily synchronize your SynthMaster One related data across multiple platforms (Windows, MacOS, iPad, iPhone)
* Semi-Modular Architecture: For each SynthMaster One instance, there are 2 oscillators with 2 sub oscillators, 2 Filters, 4 ADSR Envelopes, 3 LFOs, a powerful 16 step arpeggiator/sequencer and also 11 different effects that can be inserted on to 6 FX insert slots. The sub oscillators can be connected to the oscillators in 5 different modes which let you use it as a regular sub oscillator or do complex modulations such as ring modulation, amplitude modulation, phase modulation or frequency modulation.
* 32 Step Arpeggiator/Sequencer: The arpeggiator in SynthMaster One features classic arpeggiator modes such as Up, Down, UpDown, DownUp, UpDown2, DownUp2, AsPlayed as well as Sequence, Chord and Arpeggiate modes.
* Wavetable Synthesis: SynthMaster One implements true wavetable synthesis which opens up new possibilities for sound design. It comes with a rich content library with hundreds of waveforms and wavetables.
* Stereo Oscillators with up to 16 voices Unison: Each of the 2 oscillators in SynthMaster One have stereo output, and can have up to 16 voices "unison". Using the "voices", "voices mix", "detune curve", "detune spread", "pan stread", "tone spread" and "phase spread" parameters, each oscillator can generate a rich "supersaw" type sound.
* Zero Delay Feedback Filters: All of the 4 filter categories in SynthMaster One are developed using the zero delay feedback filter technology. With advanced filter parameters like input gain, drive, acid, filter nonlinearities and up to 4 times oversampling you can get that "analog" sound from the filters!
* Rich Set of Effects: SynthMaster One features 11 different effect types: Distortion, LoFi, Ensemble, Phaser, 6 Band EQ, Compressor, Vocoder, Delay, Chorus, Tremolo, Reverb.
* Microtuning: SynthMaster One supports Scala tuning, so tuning can be set either for each preset or globally by loading from a Scala tuning file. SynthMaster One comes with 300+ scales ranging from 5 note equal tempered scales to 12 note alternate tuning scales.
* Preset Browser: SynthMaster One features a comprehensive preset browser with separate search criterias for instrument type, preset attributes, music style or preset author.
* All 64-bit iPad devices
* AUv3 Audio Unit Extensions
* Note-per-channel MIDI controllers (MPE)
* Ableton Link
* Interapp Audio and AudioBus
* Bluetooth LE MIDI Controllers
app was incorrectly listed on App Store for iPad
Ratings and Reviews
Best Synth now available for iPhone
I’ve been using Synthmaster One on my iPad and desktop and find that it extremely versatile—capable of producing sounds no other iPhone synthesizer I’m aware of is capable, easy to use with a logical GUI that allows the user to quickly switch modules and build complex sounds with little effort. This was my favorite synth on the iLad and I’ve been crossing my fingers that this day would come and I’d have access to the professional wavetable synth in the iPhone. I’m delighted this day is here and I have not been disappointed in the least. Keep up the good work!
Favorite iOS synt 1:1 port :)
Only gripe is that IAA doesn’t work properly. FL mobile doesn’t load it like it loads Reason compact
Please fix this, as it shows up. It works properly in GarageBand. But I don’t use the iOS GarageBand .
The synth engine is fun, sounds perfect, and has the best selection of modifiers imo
This being said, two other small things
Phase mod osc (even on vst version)- when changing the semitones, the sound gets out of tune
Pop up windows/arrows for selection
In the computer and iOS models, the arrows don’t scroll to the next wavetable properly. Backwards is fowards.
iOS specific- the pop up windows don’t scale properly on my iPhone 5s. Sometimes it lets me scroll down the list of waveforms. More times than not I can’t see the digital waveforms for the sub oscillators
I highly Recommend this synth, it’s easy but you get to have some important functionality for an iOS synth :) well done
Great synth! Needs some work though
I love this synth! It allows me to use custom sounds in GarageBand and isn’t too difficult to use. However I do run into some problems with it crashing very often. For example whenever I try to load one of my saved presets, the app crashes. And whenever I try set a specific sound as a default sound, the app crashes. I tried to fix this by reinstalling the app or restarting my phone but it still happens. I hope this gets patched soon because it would make things a lot easier to make music using that plugin in GarageBand.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- KV331 YAZILIM LTD STI
- 332.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2020 KV331 Audio
- In-App Purchases
- Desktop Presets Upgrade $9.99
- BigTone Club Construction Set $4.99
- Venus Theory Trap Sounds $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.