What’s Moxtopper? It’s an app for tracking life totals and commander damage for games of Magic: The Gathering. Once you’ve tried it, no game of Commander will feel complete without Moxtopper on your table.
EASY TO USE
• Keeps track of every player’s life total with big, bright text and easily-tappable buttons to adjust the life totals.
• The user interface is designed to be usable from all viewing directions! Just place your iPhone or iPad in the middle of your play surface and you’re good to go. Your whole play group can use it at the same time.
TRACKS COMMANDER DAMAGE
• We know that tracking commander damage is a *huge* pain. With Moxtopper, it couldn’t be easier. At any time a player can swipe horizontally on their play area to see how much commander damage they’ve taken from all the other players’ commanders.
• Commander damage is tracked per *commander*, so it works great with partner commanders, too!
• If you’re using partner commanders, just swipe down on your play area and press the “Commanders” button to toggle partner commander mode on or off.
GREAT FOR EVERY PLAY GROUP
• Moxtopper is optimized to work great not just for 4 player games, but also for any game of 2 to 10 — yes, ten! — players. That means it’s right at home during one-on-one games of Friday Night Magic as well as gigantic multiplayer slugfests.
• Configurable with a total of 21 possible seating arrangements so that layout of play areas on the screen always comfortably matches the way your play group likes to sit around the table.
UPGRADE YOUR EXPERIENCE
• Customize each player’s area with awesome digital “playmats”, similarly to how you are probably rolling out full art playmats on your game table in real life.
• Comes with five free digital playmats
• Additional digital playmats can be unlocked via in-app purchases. Thanks ahead of time for supporting Moxtopper through these upgrades!
• In addition to the playmats, there are two straightforward themes in bold colors, one in a light theme and the other in a dark theme.
WHAT IS “COMMANDER”?
Just in case you didn’t already know, in the “Commander” format of Magic: the Gathering, you and your friends battle each other with legendary creatures, huge decks of crazy cards, making splashy plays until there’s only one player left standing.
• Added a selection highlight to the theme picker, for clarity
• Changed the label of the button that toggles partners to "Partners", also for clarity.
• Re-randomize the killed player text every so often, for more funnns.
• Fix a number of minor but annoying layout bugs on iPad.
• Fixed a bug that prevented permanently deleting unlocked promotional sets.
Ratings and Reviews
Great looking. Simple to use. Fast and intuitive.
Surprised this app is buried in the list when it’s clearly better looking. Easier to use than the ones with pay features.
Developer Response ,
Awww, shucks. You’re too kind. :-)
Best app for commander
The most streamlined, functional, and aesthetically Pleasing life counter app you could find
Super easy to use
A visually pleasing and very easy to use app!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nice Boy LLC
- 31.5 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2021
- In-App Purchases
- Big Moods Playmat Set $0.99
- Custom Playmats $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.