Notifications appear and a sound is played whether your iPhone is locked, muted or Do Not Disturb is on
Uses the most energy efficient algorithms to optimize battery life
Over the last few years, there have been several tragic incidents related to infants, young children and pets inadvertently left in the back seats of cars in adverse temperatures. ChecktheBack! is an app developed by MobileDev99 to help prevent such occurrences. After driving, ChecktheBack! sends a notification to your iPhone and/or Apple Watch to remind you to check the rear seat of your vehicle. The notification is accompanied by a photo that you upload to the app as an additional means of jogging your memory about your precious cargo. Two minutes after sending the initial notification, ChecktheBack! sends another one, just in case you happen to be juggling multiple things at once.
• Approved by Apple to send Critical Alerts. Notifications appear and a sound is played whether your iPhone is locked, muted or Do Not Disturb is on.
• Sends a notification to iPhone and/or Apple Watch to check the backseat shortly after a driving trip.
• Allows for adding a photo that appears in your notifications to further help jog your memory. The photo can be updated at any time.
• Set it and forget it - no need to interact with the app after initial setup.
• Vehicle independence - No fumbling with settings, bluetooth connections, nor linking your phone to vehicles. ChecktheBack! works on your phone regardless of the vehicle you are traveling in.
• Uses the most energy efficient algorithms to optimize battery life.
Disclamer: ChecktheBack! is NOT a substitute for remaining aware of your children or pets in the backseat and it DOES NOT in any way guarantee outcomes. It is a tool to help you in your efforts to avoid leaving your children or pets in the backseat of a vehicle for an extended period of time. ChecktheBack! SHOULD NOT be solely relied upon to remember to check the backseat before leaving your vehicle.
Approved by Apple to send Critical Alerts
Language support added for:
Ratings and Reviews
Very nice app. Love that it uses GPS instead of Bluetooth. Helps that notification stays until I acknowledge it. Being able to customize with my granddaughter’s pic is a bonus!
Wonderful idea for an app!
This app works great and addresses the ongoing issue of children being left unattended. Very beneficial for babysitters or anyone in child care.
Great idea, but needs maintenance
App works sometimes and alert will go off at random times hours after car stops. Is there a way to set to go off when phone disconnects from car Bluetooth?
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- TERRY CHAISSON
- 9.1 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Arabic, French, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Terry Chaisson
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.