Notifications appear and a sound is played whether your iPhone is locked, muted or Do Not Disturb is on
Uses the most energy efficient algorithms to optimize battery life
Over the last few years, there have been several tragic incidents related to infants, young children and pets inadvertently left in the back seats of cars in adverse temperatures. ChecktheBack! is an app developed by MobileDev99 to help prevent such occurrences. After driving, ChecktheBack! sends a notification to your iPhone and/or Apple Watch to remind you to check the rear seat of your vehicle. The notification is accompanied by a photo that you upload to the app as an additional means of jogging your memory about your precious cargo. Two minutes after sending the initial notification, ChecktheBack! sends another one, just in case you happen to be juggling multiple things at once.
• Approved by Apple to send Critical Alerts. Notifications appear and a sound is played whether your iPhone is locked, muted or Do Not Disturb is on.
• Sends a notification to iPhone and/or Apple Watch to check the backseat shortly after a driving trip.
• Allows for adding a photo that appears in your notifications to further help jog your memory. The photo can be updated at any time.
• Set it and forget it - no need to interact with the app after initial setup.
• Vehicle independence - No fumbling with settings, bluetooth connections, nor linking your phone to vehicles. ChecktheBack! works on your phone regardless of the vehicle you are traveling in.
• Uses the most energy efficient algorithms to optimize battery life.
Disclamer: ChecktheBack! is NOT a substitute for remaining aware of your children or pets in the backseat and it DOES NOT in any way guarantee outcomes. It is a tool to help you in your efforts to avoid leaving your children or pets in the backseat of a vehicle for an extended period of time. ChecktheBack! SHOULD NOT be solely relied upon to remember to check the backseat before leaving your vehicle.
Approved by Apple to send Critical Alerts
Language support added for:
Ratings and Reviews
Great idea, but needs maintenance
App works sometimes and alert will go off at random times hours after car stops. Is there a way to set to go off when phone disconnects from car Bluetooth?
Very nice app. Love that it uses GPS instead of Bluetooth. Helps that notification stays until I acknowledge it. Being able to customize with my granddaughter’s pic is a bonus!
I have yet to receive a single notification for the app. I have my location turned on all the time, and all the notifications settings on. It does not work at at all.
Edit 10/15: I just checked, and the slider for motion and fitness it turned on. I have ever setting turned on. It still does not work.
Developer Response ,
I am sorry that you are having trouble with the app. It sounds like Motion & Fitness is not set to ON for ChecktheBack!. Please toggle Motion & Fitness to ON for the app. It requires all of its settings in order to function properly.
Again, I am sorry you are having trouble with the app.
This is the first time this has happened - what version of iOS are you running? Have you tried to delete and reinstall it? Please give this a try and re-establish the settings at initial start of the app. Please let me know if this corrects the problem.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- TERRY CHAISSON
- 9.1 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Arabic, French, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Terry Chaisson
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.