We want to revolutionize the way you connect to people in the community through a shared passion of plants! Our team of quirky green-thumbed enthusiasts have dedicated an immense amount of time and effort to create a way to do this. We hope you will fulfill all your horticultural desires and make this world a greener place!
How it works:
• Browse for plants or other garden related items in your local area to either swap, buy, or get for free.
• Upload an item you want to swap, sell, or donate.
• Post on our community forum to ask questions, request to find a plant, identify a plant, or to just say hi!
• Search our plant care database and find out how to maintain your new plant baby.
• Get to know your community by exchanging locally.
• Message members securely from within the app.
• Instantly connect with users willing to swap if both of you like each other's inventory that are labeled swap or free.
• Build a reputation with our rating system.
• Met someone at an event or farmers market? Scan their QR code to instantly connect within the app.
• Use our map feature for a visual representation of people in your area
* Bug squashing
Ratings and Reviews
Blossm is terrific whether you know next to nothing about plants or are an expert. There are so many options to swap or buy, and it’s always cheaper (and way more fun/satisfying) than finding in a nursery or a store! I love the chat feature and the care tabs they have (truly have saved some of my house plants using these tips!) Super fun way to meet people locally too, but you can ship plants too if the community isn’t too big in your area (yet)! Big fan!
People ‘plant dump’
I don’t know if there’s a specific term for this other than basically someone on the app uploading 20+ posts at once and your feed gets clogged with random plant-related and individual sales posts like 30 marble-painted pots or 20+ seed packets. I just wish the app had a way for me to filter out my dashboard so I’m not shoveling through non-plant posts. I loved this app before people started dumping (uploading) large quantities of non-plant related sales/trades. Also, there’s just some people I don’t want to trade with (I don’t like their inventory, etc) and I would like to see the ability to ‘mute’ their posts (only posts, not messages- because then that leads to buyers getting scammed and blocked). I’ve traded tons on the app and I love meeting local plant friends. I only wish the app was able to filter more so I can search for plants by price, or category.
Developer Response ,
Hi Crad7, the first issue you are having with unwanted items showing up on your grid we have a filter button next to the Swap, Buy, Free buttons. If you click it, you can filter by only Plants and if you want this filter to stay applied between app opens make sure to toggle 'Save Filter'.
Your other ideas are great feedback! We are currently working on adding more options for filtering so you can control exactly the items you are interested in. If you have more suggestions or questions feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to @plantdaddybry within the app.
Thanks for using Blossm!
Great idea! Love this app!
Found out about this app when I was looking for some planters on fb marketplace. And lets just say my screen time has increased significantly lately😋. The concept of being able to swap cuttings, plants especially some of the uncommon ones not available in stores was what got me hooked on to it. The user interface is pretty good and intuitive. Definitely going to suggest these to all my house plant enthusiast friends.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Sensitive Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Blossm LLC
- 82.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2020 Blossm LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.