Mimir now supports CarPlay! Take our great podcast listening experience into the car to quickly access your playlist, Continuous Playback, library, episodes, and more!
Take your podcast listening to the next level with Mimir! Stay organized with podcast groups, set the priority for your podcasts, and enjoy the best premium podcast player for both iOS and Mac. The Continuous Playback will feature keep the stories flowing, while a custom-built advanced audio engine ensures a top-quality listening experience. Discover new and captivating audio adventures with curated lists and personalized recommendations, all while enjoying the added features of a detachable menu bar player, custom RSS feeds, video episode player, and much more.
So grab your headphones and join Mimir in the realm of endless podcast entertainment!
• Add groups to keep your library organized
• Collapse and expand groups to only show what you need
• Drag and Drop support
• Set higher priority for the podcasts you love
• View and manage downloads effortlessly
Menu Bar Mini Player
• Control playback at a glance with a beautiful new mini player
• Open from the new macOS menu bar icon or with a keystroke (Command + R)
• Detachable from the menu bar and can placed on any screen
Now Playing Playlist
• Persistent and easy to manage
• Multiple-selection support
• Collapsible mini mode
• An automatic playlist always keeps the next episodes ready in queue
• Select source, sort, and filtering options, then let Mimir choose the next episodes
• Set podcast priority to listen put your favorite podcast episodes first
• Define custom sources to pull episodes from: single podcasts, groups, or from one of the auto generated lists
Advanced Audio Engine
• Powered by a custom audio engine built for playing podcasts
• Advanced silence skip detects and completely removes silent segments from playback
• High quality audio even at fast playback speeds
• Voice Boost enhances quiet audio
• Sleep timer
• Find new podcasts by browsing the always changing Curated Lists, gathered from articles on podcasts around the web
• Explore new podcast suggestions from our recommendations based on your highest played and highest priority podcasts
• Browse lists of genres, showing the top podcasts in your region
• Search for your favorite podcasts
And much more:
• iCloud sync
• Password-protected RSS feed support
• Video episode support
• Media key support
• Media Control Center support
• Local playback notifications
• Customizable forward/back skip seconds
• Customizable episode download settings
• Import and export libraries from other apps
Mimir is designed and developed by a lone developer in Colorado that has a passion for podcasts. I hope you enjoy listening to podcasts the same way I do with Mimir!
Mimir offers a one-time purchase to unlock Mimir Pro for your macOS devices. Mimir Pro includes silence skip, custom skip sounds, voice boost, and Continuous Playback. This allows users to make a single purchase for an enhanced app experience without being tied to a subscription.
Purchasing Mimir Pro will unlock features for all macOS devices using the same Apple ID. Mimir Pro for iOS is purchased separately.
Mimir offers two subscription plans that unlocks Mimir Premium with access to all features of the app on both iOS and macOS. Choose from a monthly plan or a discounted yearly plan that can be cancelled at anytime. Purchasing a subscription will unlock all the features of Mimir Pro, removes ads, and also unlocks Mimir Premium on iOS.
A subscription plan helps me pay for the 3rd party services that are used to offer features such as recommendations, search, and curated lists. As a solo developer, a subscription plan allows me to keep these services paid for which keeps Mimir on the store since they are a constant cost. Thank you for understanding and supporting independent development!
Terms of Service
This update includes a few fixes to some of the most common crashes and bugs in the app.
- Fixes a crash that could occur when downloading an episode
- Fixes a crash that could occur when viewing recommended podcasts
- Fixed an issue in the Downloads and Podcast detail views where buttons could become unresponsive after refreshing the view
- Fixed an issue where filtering downloaded episodes would show episodes previously downloaded but have since been deleted
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent podcast app
I’m giving this app a five star review because it works as expected and I’m invested in its growth since it works on MacBook and iOS with syncing.
Pros: without paying or subscribing for pro, the app handles syncing between different devices. Subscribing the small amount a year gives you a fully unlocked audio engine that does silence skipping and other excellent additions. Well worth the price of admission.
Cons: no CarPlay system built in. This was the one thing that was making me hesitate subscribing but opted to go for it anyway since playing a podcast still shows in CarPlay’s Now Playing platform. It’s not a full substitute but it works if you set up a long enough playlist ahead of time. Hopefully CarPlay is included in the near future.
Neutral: on occasion as I play a podcast, the progress bar will sit at the end as if the podcast has finished playing even if it hasn’t (it will continue to play despite what the progress bar displays). I put this as a neutral because I don’t know if this is a bug caused by the Critical Role podcast’s files or if it’s a bug from Mimir. I don’t see this happen with the other shorter podcasts I listen to.
Overall: this is a podcast app worth giving a try. I’ve tried a bunch of others and this one is head and shoulders above the other top apps out there.
Developer Response ,
Hello, and thank you for the wonderful review! I wanted to let you know that CarPlay support is definitely on my roadmap for a future update, and the episode getting suck at the end of the timeline is indeed a bug. The good news is I have fixed this bug and am currently beta testing a new version of the app that will fix this issue and add some new download features.I appreciate you giving the app a glowing review while I continue add new updates and fix issues!
Now my primary podcast player
Setapp user here. Enjoy exploring their well curated lesser known apps and seem to have stumbled on another gem here. Hope to see the continued growth of this platform. Absolutely amazing audio engine. Turned on the silence skip and gave them an audio tone to see how much it was really removing and it is impressive how efficient and clean this feature runs. I like the UI and am slowly developing a really nice system here with tiered priorities and continuous playback structure. Been using PocketCasts since it first hit the market and this is admittedly the first time another product enticed me at all. Foresee myself sticking with it on my Linux and Windows environments, but I’ll be transitioning to Mimir within the Apple ecosystem now. Well done, dev.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for the wonderful review! I am quite flattered to hear my app has gotten your attention from other podcast apps, and I plan to keep adding more features and improvements!
Continued Bugginess Holds Mimir Back
I really like the layout and design of the Mimir app. Unfortunately it continues to have bugs that make it a less-than-ideal experience.
For example, when opening the app in CarPlay, the “Now Playing “ app often won’t play; a work-around that sometimes works is to manually play the next podcast episode, than go back. Another example: when managing podcast episodes (especially if you’re managing several at a time), the player interface may freeze momentarily or not reflect your changes. This often necessitates restarting Mimir. All of the little quirks together add up to an often frustrating experience.
Finally, I like the recent swipe interface changes to play next/last, and Mark as played/remove from playlist. That said, I’d like to see that expanded to the Now Playing/Next screen instead of only being accessible within each individual podcast.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Grant Davis
- 25.7 MB
- Requires iOS 14.5 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.5 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.5 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2023 Grant Davis Interactive, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Mimir Trial $0.00
- Mimir Monthly Subscription $1.49
- Mimir Yearly Subscription $12.49
- Mimir iOS Pro Features $9.99
- Mimir macOS Pro Features $19.99