Climbro is a highly efficient training system for improving climbing performance based on 10 years of science research. The mobile app provides real-time feedback on the applied force and hold duration, finger strength and endurance assessment and optimized and easy to follow personal training plans.
PERFORMANCE TEST BATTERY
The battery is comprised of 4 tests:
• Max Strength - checks your maximal finger strength
• Continuous - checks your forarms anaerobic capacity
• Intermittent - checks your forarms aerobic capacity
• Finger Hang - checks your forarms strength and endurance
The tests provide quantitative measures of finger strength and endurance as well as local muscle aerobic and anaerobic capacity. These measures are transformed into scores and presented as climbing grades for climbers’ convenience. The app presents the test results in a Radar chart so you can easily find out what are your weak and strong points. You can also compare the results of your last two completed test batteries to check your progress. The app provides complete information on how the tests have to be performed and guides you during test execution.
PERSONAL WORKOUT PLANS
Once you have completed a performance test battery, you can get automatically a personal training plan that addresses your weaknesses. The training plan consists of 16-24 sessions that are meant to be completed in 2-3 months. The Climbro app provides a handy calendar with the complete schedule of your training plan. It guides you during each exercise execution providing real-time feedback on the muscle contraction intensity, duration and number of repetitions and rest times. The app also suggests the time to rest between the exercises in a session and between the sessions in a training plan. The Climbro app evaluates how well you have performed each exercise and how well you are following the schedule of the training plan giving you insights of how effective is your training.
The performance tests that comprised the Performance Test Battery can be executed separately, when you want to check only a given physical quality.
The Climbro app provides 5 predefined exercises with various parameters to improve different physical qualities:
• Strength - develops finger strength
• Hypertrophy - stimulates muscle growth and improves strength-endurance
• High Intensity Endurance - improves high intensity endurance and oxygen extraction
• Medium Intensity Endurance - maximizes oxygen use and improves endurance
• Low Intensity Endurance - stimulates oxygen use and improves recovery
These are meant for more experienced climbers who would like to follow their own training plan and know which physical quality would be best for them to improve.
The "Performance Analytics" screen provides graphical information about your performance over time. It shows the aggregated weekly best results for the selected tests, period and source of execution.
The “Training Analytics” screen provides various summary information about the exercises performed for a given period presented in several handy charts.
The Climbro app stores all test and exercise results in the Cloud so you don’t need to worry when you change your mobile device.
Please note that this app works only with Climbro hangboard. You can use the app with your own Climbro hangboard and any other you can find at your friend's place or the nearest climbing gym.
*Screens are under development and will be released soon
- Added Free Measurement
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Climbro LTD OOD
- 50.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Climbro Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month Climbro Subscription $6.49
- 3 Months Climbro Subscription $17.49
- 6 Months Climbro Subscription $31.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.