Convenience from your desktop - Watch app for Tesla is the ideal companion in day to day life with your Tesla vehicle. These are just a few of the day to day conveniences this app will help achieve:
- During and after charge, a panel will show how much energy was added. Convenient if you schedule your charge during the night - wake up each morning and easily check how much energy was added to the battery.
- If you have multiple vehicles on your account, tap the vehicle name to quickly and easily switch between them.
- When you tap the unlock vehicle button, the charge port will also unlock if a charging cable is attached. That's convenience right there!
- Want to reduce phantom drain? Background updates can be configured to longer intervals between updates or to only update if car is already awake or can be disabled entirely for absolutely zero impact on phantom drain.
- A warning panel will show up if any doors, windows or trunks are left open. Conveniently, you can tap the panel to close any open windows.
- Need to access the frunk? Just do it from your wrist - no fiddling with your phone.
- Sitting comfy in the couch, but just remembered you have a road-trip in the morning? Set the charge limit to 100% - or any value really - and start charging, right from the convenience of your wrist!
- Leaving the office after a long hot day? Activate the HVAC when you're on your way, and enjoy a nice cool vehicle.
- When charging, tap the time remaining label to switch to show time of expected completion - no more head calculus!
A note about security and privacy:
This app accepts two types of login. Either Tesla account credentials or a Tesla API token. Your account credentials are by default not stored in the app, but are used only once to obtain an authentication token and refresh token directly from the Tesla API server. If you would rather supply that token yourself, you can do so instead. It is preferable to supply a refresh token, as the app will then have a perpetual login. Your token will be persisted in the app. Tokens will be revoked if you change your Tesla account password. With the optional remote start feature you can choose to store your password in the app - it will be securely stored in the iOS / watchOS / iPadOS keychain. This feature is optional and is not required for all other features to function. No network traffic will ever be emitted from this app that goes anywhere other than directly to the Tesla API servers. The source code for this application will at all times be made available to any security researcher for a voluntary security and safety audit.
This app is not endorsed by Tesla Inc. Use at your own risk. No guarantee of proper function is given. Only you are responsible for any changes to your car caused by using this app.
Made in Denmark
- Notice: This release will be the last release supporting iOS 13 and watchOS 6.2.
- Added new vehicle chooser to all Siri Actions. If you only have one vehicle on your account, this should not make any impact. For owners with multiple vehicles, this should ensure Siri actions target the vehicle of your choice.
- Added advanced setting: Travel mode. Completely disable wake vehicle and background updates while Travel mode is enabled. Manually tap the refresh button to grab new data from vehicle one time.
- Added help and tips in settings.
- Added single vehicle mode.
- Reordered settings screen.
- Added ability to set charging current by tapping the charging current between the two temperature views on vehicles with 2021.36 or newer.
- Added Set Charging Current Siri intent.
- Added GetVehicles, GetActiveVehicle and SetActiveVehicle Siri Shortcuts for multi-vehicle shortcuts administration.
- Added set seat heater Siri Intent.
- Added Polish localizations.
- Added Is Charger Connected bool to Get State intent.
- Adjusted alternate state complication to put vehicle in max focus while keeping relevant info visible.
- No longer shows what's new view on watchOS.
- Added Rated, Ideal and Estimated range indicators.
- Show time to full counter on widgets when charging.
- Graphic rectangular complication now shows time to full counter when charging and properly respects setting to not show updated ago timer.
- Added red background to remote start password if not long enough.
- Added padding around advanced toggle on login screen.
- Added help text to advanced settings.
- Store VehicleVin along with VehicleId - can use VIN to fallback if vehicleId ever changes (which it does in rare instances).
- Now reloads complication descriptors at every clean app launch on watchOS 7 and 8 - could help with buggy large graphic complications.
- Fixed extra large widget layout.
- Updated all complication icons to universal svg to accomodate Series 7 watches.
- Fix supercharger view when normal charging to respect alternate power calculation setting.
- Fixed buttons and toggles not working when accessibility setting button shapes enabled.
- Updated traditional chinese machine translations.
- Fix correctly showing "Depart at" on vehicles with 2021.36 or newer.
- Mac Catalyst display name fixed.
- Do not show open features warning symbol, when vehicle parked in zone marked as excluded from open features notifications.
- A HUGE shoutout and THANK YOU to all my translators! You guys ROCK! - and as always, if you want the app translated to your language, get in touch! All localizations are public in the support github repository.
Ratings and Reviews
Works well but needs more short cuts and perhaps better documentation.
I downloaded the app to you specifically on my watch which I find very useful. I needed a few issues that I’m not certain about. I don’t need to be worried about phantom drain if I’m not having updates constantly but I’m not sure what some of the settings mean. I’m a senior former programmer but my memory is not as good as it used to be.
I do like the idea of being able to use home link from the app on my phone but I would like to be able to use it in a shortcut so I can call it either from my watch or from my phone.
The only other question I have is in your statement were you describe your shortcuts you say that if we want more shortcuts we should contact you or notify you. How do we do that?
I am working with a beta for this app which included shortcuts that I wanted to have it was sent to me within 24 hours of my request. The service provider was excellent.
I increase the score of my review.
Love this App!! Worth It! The voice command with Siri works!!!
It’s very easy to install this app. When I installed it on my iPhone, it’s automatically installed on my iWatch 6.0. I login to my Tesla account on my iPhone and it synchronized to my iWatch automatically. To activate the remote control, I only need to put the Tesla account password on my iWatch and iPhone once. Now I can unlock my car with my watch. When I go to the garage I forget to bring my phone sometimes and I couldn’t unlock the door. I had to go back in the house to grab my phone. I don’t have to do that anymore as long as I have my watch on me. I love this!! The price of this App is very reasonable compared to Stats for $50. This App is definitely worth it!!
To use Siri on both my iPhone and iWatch, it’s very simple!! I only need to go to open this App from my iPhone > settings and select Siri Shortcuts then select “Add to Siri” for the commands I want that are listed. I can customize the Siri command instead of using the default.
Worth the price, 95% perfect
I used to use the Tesla app and Tesla Remote in tandem. It was clunky, awkward and they never seemed to update correctly.
I hated how slow Tesla Remote and the official app was to connect. It would take forever sometimes. Not to mention the UI of Tesla Remote was truly horrific. Zero labels, all icons, impossible to navigate.
This app is amazing. The watch app is responsive, it updates its info as often as you want, and the UI is clean and simple. It’s not perfect, but so much better. Now I use this primarily with the official app for updating my car.
A few things I would like to see:
1. Have an option for labeled icons on the iPhone app / Watch app. Some icons are not super obvious, no clue what the lightning bolt next to the temp is.
2. Let me change the temp to Fahrenheit. Sorry, I’m a dumb American. Celsius is cool, but I have to mentally convert it when I glance. If I can change it, it’s not clear how I can do so.
3. Make the settings easier to understand and work with. I’d just like to see better use of the iPhone’s screen to really understand what I’m changing. Possibly some tips when I hit the title of each toggle? Especially the advanced options.
4. Have the phone and watch sync their settings. Not really important, but would be nice.
Love the app, hope to see some cool updates soon!
Developer Response ,
Please get in contact via the in-app listed options - I'd love to work on these improvements in the next betas - I think having help labels on the iOS version would make a lot of sense!
As for the units - these are dictated by your car! So change your in-vehicle temperature units to Fahrenheit and the app should follow suit!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kim Hansen
- 10.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.5 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.5 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.5 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.3 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Swiss German, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Kim Hansen
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.