Apple Watch Screenshots
Convenience on the wrist - Watch app for Tesla is the ideal companion in day to day life with your Tesla vehicle. These are just a few of the day to day conveniences this app will help achieve:
- Forgot to plug in? Get a notification if vehicle is in a pre-configured location and not plugged in - all done directly on the watch, no external servers required, keeping your privacy!
- When charger is connected, use the force touch menu to unlock the charge port. If currently charging, it will be stopped first.
- Add the graphic corner complication to your watch face and enjoy the convenience of having easy access to state of charge, charging indicator, time remaining if charging, sentry mode active indicator and indicator if any windows, doors or trunks are open. All from one complication, that also will launch the app when tapped.
- During and after charge, a panel will show how much energy was added. Convenient if you schedule your charge during the night - wake up each morning and easily check how much energy was added to the battery.
- If you have multiple vehicles on your account, tap the vehicle name to quickly and easily switch between them.
- You can queue up commands by tapping on buttons, then put your wrist down and the commands will execute in the background when the vehicle is successfully woken up.
- When you tap the unlock vehicle button, the charge port will also unlock if a charging cable is attached. That's convenience right there!
- Want to reduce phantom drain? Background updates can be configured to longer intervals between updates or to only update if car is already awake or can be disabled entirely for absolutely zero impact on phantom drain.
- A warning panel will show up if any doors, windows or trunks are left open. Conveniently, you can tap the panel to close any open windows.
- Need to access the frunk? Just do it from your wrist - no fiddling with your phone.
- Sitting comfy in the couch, but just remembered you have a road-trip in the morning? Set the charge limit to 100% - or any value really - and start charging, right from the convenience of your wrist!
- Leaving the office after a long hot day? Activate the HVAC when you're on your way, and enjoy a nice cool vehicle.
- When charging, tap the time remaining label to switch to show time of expected completion - no more head calculus!
- Need to run a quick errand, but you don't have your phone? Unlock your vehicle from your wrist, then activate remote start and off you go. Just please be mindful that this feature requires internet connectivity on both watch and vehicle - so don't drive into the desert and leave your vehicle, or you'll get stuck there!
A note about security and privacy:
This app accepts two types of login. Either Tesla account credentials or a Tesla API token. Your account credentials are by default not stored in the app, but are used only once to obtain an authentication token and refresh token directly from the Tesla API server. If you would rather supply that token yourself, you can do so instead. It is preferable to supply a refresh token, as the app will then have a perpetual login. Your token will be persisted in the app. Tokens will be revoked if you change your Tesla account password. With the optional remote start feature you can choose to store your password in the app - it will be securely stored in the watchOS keychain. This feature is optional and is not required for all other features to function. No network traffic will ever be emitted from this app that goes anywhere other than directly to the Tesla API servers. The source code for this application will at all times be made available to any security researcher for a voluntary security and safety audit.
This app is not endorsed by Tesla Inc. Use at your own risk. No guarantee of proper function is given. Only you are responsible for any changes to your car caused by using this app.
Made in Denmark
- PLEASE NOTE: Controls on watchOS 7 have now moved to separate tab. Swipe left and right to access and dismiss.
- Added rudimentary Siri support. Get lock status. Set lock status. Get battery status. Signal visual and audio.
- Added Compass feature from Dude! Where's my Tesla? app - will indicate direction and distance to parked vehicle
- Added auto-enable remote start on unlock option in settings
- Added ability to show two rows of main control buttons
- Added ability to manually sort control buttons and choose which controls show as main control buttons
- Added Portuguese localization support.
- Added Russian localization support.
- Updated login screen error messages to help debugging login issues
- Added toggle to show inactive controls to preserve sort ordering
- Message about having to enable climate before activating seat heaters
- Only send plugin reminders and open features reminders when vehicle is in Park
- Several minor watchOS 7 compatibility fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The app is very cool. No doubt. If you face with any issue then make sure your iPhone and Apple watch are on the latest OS version.
BTW I Saw the silly review below from Herlen, I really do not understand weird people who can not even ask help from a proper channel but drive tesla. How come you lower the average rating of this app? You are misleading people by being cheap.
For sure you would not prefer a refund for the app as there is no other app in the market which does the job. You better return your Tesla and tell them that you don't deserve it. I wish Apple’s review policy was allowing me to use the words you deserve.
Login Error - Cannot login
I bought the app but have not been able to login despite multiple attempts.
Essentially useless so far.
Will change review and update rating if I can get any sort of support, which seems nonexistent at this point.
[Update] I received a response from the developer who sounded quite upset and pointed out that I could try the Twitter account link and “maybe someone will be more willing to help you”. However, he did not offer any help himself or any troubleshooting ideas, just a short rant...
App still does not work.
Maybe he will read this update and offer some actual help or refund.
Will post another update if I hear back from developer.
[Update 2] Please note that I posted my review after trying the “support channels” mentioned be developer. I am clearly not the only person experiencing thus issue. I tried all suggestions I could find on the “issue tracker”, line rebooting the watch. So far, nothing worked.
An “issue tracker” is not the same as support from the developer or the team. How can I contact someone directly?
I read the positive reviews and believe this would be a great app, if I could log in!
I hope that this time, instead of complaining about an honest negative review, the developer provides me with a solution.
At this point I am not really interested in a refund. I would prefer to have a functional app.
Developer Response ,
AppStore reviews are not a support channel.
Don't complain about nonexistent support, while not willing to use actual support channels, of which there are multiple.
Open up https://watchfortesla.com/FAQ for common questions or open a support issue from the same website.
You'll find that if you tap the button RIGHT NEXT TO WRITE REVIEW that you'll be taken straight there.
I will not be held ransom for AppStore review scores when you're refusing to actually get help.
Please ask AppStore support for a refund - developers have zero control over that.
PS. There are 6 to 8 hours lag in response time here, because all messages are reviewed by Apple.
PPS. I am one person. Get in contact via support channels to get help. Or request a refund with Apple. I would prefer you request a refund at this point.
Great app and EXCELLENT support!
This is a fantastic app! Was discouraged at first because it wouldn’t accept my login credentials. I reached out to the developer on Twitter and she got back to me very quickly with details on how to use the token method of login. Took me a while but finally all worked out and the App is great. So glad not to have to remember to take my phone with me to the garage to unlock MY as required now until I get an updated software version from Tesla that allows me to exclude my home from the Lock when exiting function! Great app and great developer support.
Developer Response ,
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.