Watch app for Tesla 4+
Wrist convenience for Tesla
Convenience on the desktop - Watch app for Tesla is the ideal companion in day to day life with your Tesla vehicle. These are just a few of the day to day conveniences this app will help achieve:
- Pair your watch as a proper vehicle key, just like your phone! Works under all conditions, including in underground parking garages or in the middle of a desert!
- Forgot to plug in? Get a notification if vehicle is in a pre-configured location and not plugged in - all done directly on the watch, no external servers required, keeping your privacy!
- Add the graphic corner complication to your watch face and enjoy the convenience of having easy access to state of charge, charging indicator, time remaining if charging, sentry mode active indicator and indicator if any windows, doors or trunks are open. All from one complication, that also will launch the app when tapped.
- During and after charge, a panel will show how much energy was added. Convenient if you schedule your charge during the night - wake up each morning and easily check how much energy was added to the battery.
- If you have multiple vehicles on your account, tap the vehicle name to quickly and easily switch between them.
- You can queue up commands by tapping on buttons, then put your wrist down and the commands will execute in the background when the vehicle is successfully woken up.
- When you tap the unlock vehicle button, the charge port will also unlock if a charging cable is attached. That's convenience right there!
- Want to reduce phantom drain? Background updates can be configured to longer intervals between updates or to only update if car is already awake or can be disabled entirely for absolutely zero impact on phantom drain.
- A warning panel will show up if any doors, windows or trunks are left open. Conveniently, you can tap the panel to close any open windows.
- Need to access the frunk? Just do it from your wrist - no fiddling with your phone.
- Sitting comfy in the couch, but just remembered you have a road-trip in the morning? Set the charge limit to 100% - or any value really - and start charging, right from the convenience of your wrist!
- Leaving the office after a long hot day? Activate the HVAC when you're on your way, and enjoy a nice cool vehicle.
- When charging, tap the time remaining label to switch to show time of expected completion - no more head calculus!
- Need to run a quick errand, but you don't have your phone? Unlock your vehicle from your wrist, then activate remote start and off you go. Just please be mindful that this feature requires internet connectivity on both watch and vehicle - so don't drive into the desert and leave your vehicle, or you'll get stuck there!
A note about security and privacy:
This app accepts two types of login. Either Tesla account credentials or a Tesla API token. Your account credentials are never stored in the app, but are used only once to obtain an authentication token and refresh token directly from the Tesla API server. If you would rather supply that token yourself, you can do so instead. It is required to supply a refresh token. Your token will be persisted in the app. Tokens will be revoked if you change your Tesla account password. No network traffic will ever be emitted from this app that goes anywhere other than directly to the Tesla API servers, unless the OPTIONAL cloud processing is enabled, in which case an in-flight encrypted ACCESS token with a lifespan of 8 hours will be transmitted and stored ONLY WHILE COMMAND IS EXECUTING. The source code for this application will at all times be made available to any security researcher for a voluntary security and safety audit.
This app is not endorsed by Tesla Inc. Use at your own risk. No guarantee of proper function is given. Only you are responsible for any changes to your car caused by using this app.
Made in Denmark
- Updated Simplified Chinese translations.
- Fixed vehicle image loading in China (again).
- A HUGE shoutout and THANK YOU to all my translators! You guys ROCK! - and as always, if you want the app translated to your language, get in touch! All localizations are public in the support github repository.
Ratings and Reviews
Cellular Support Missing?
This app is great and adds lots of features needed. The official Tesla app should do all this but at least someone stepped up.
Problem is this completely requires your phone nearby to work. While typically not a problem there are times I can’t take my phone with me for whatever reason. So if I put my phone into airplane mode and lock it in the car I can’t use the watch app to unlock the car to get back in even though I have a cellular watch with active subscription.
This seemingly small detail is a pretty significant oversight. Even if something happened and my phone was lost, stollen or just had the battery die. The watch app should be able to work on it’s own.
Developer Response ,
Of course the app works independently from your phone. To such an extent that after initial login you can delete it from your phone. The first few versions were not even released on iOS, only on watchOS - that had to change for the modern login process though. But app remains completely independent on the watch after initial login. Maybe you didn't allow your watch enough time to activate its cellular modem - or you were outside of lte coverage...
Adds more remote accessibility than noted
I don’t rate apps… This app can be what Tesla uses to see what people would want to see on the actual Tesla app. It’s not just an app for your watch. It’s an actual app on your phone that has configurations that’s not on the free app. A TON of features. I allows “Siri Shortcuts” to control your car with Siri. Edit those shortcuts. I can say “hey Siri, raise the roof” and the doors will unlock from any location. Essentially I could be in Belize partying and my doors unlock back in the states. U can also set it up so when the doors unlock it automatically places it into remote driving. If you have an Apple Watch with cellular data you can use it by itself to get in and go with a personal phrase like “would you look at the time.” Note. Not recommend to leave your key behind but 🤌🏿 camonnn🤌🏿 Remote driving is only good if you start driving within a min or two. At this you can be as witty or professional or presidential as you want. Suddenly and frantically run to your Tesla dragging partner by the wrist say “hey siri, I need my gun” trunk/frunk opens. If timed correctly, proceed to take out box of chocolates or engagement ring and people you’ll have a Valentine’s Day to tell your step kids about or not. It’s up to you. 🤧
Works well but needs more short cuts and perhaps better documentation.
I downloaded the app to you specifically on my watch which I find very useful. I needed a few issues that I’m not certain about. I don’t need to be worried about phantom drain if I’m not having updates constantly but I’m not sure what some of the settings mean. I’m a senior former programmer but my memory is not as good as it used to be. I do like the idea of being able to use home link from the app on my phone but I would like to be able to use it in a shortcut so I can call it either from my watch or from my phone. The only other question I have is in your statement were you describe your shortcuts you say that if we want more shortcuts we should contact you or notify you. How do we do that? I am working with a beta for this app which included shortcuts that I wanted to have it was sent to me within 24 hours of my request. The service provider was excellent. I increase the score of my review.
I have been using this app for at least a year. I find it phenomenal. I love being able to use my watch to open my trunk and close the windows or vent the windows etc. Makes life a lot easier.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kim Hansen
- 25.5 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Swiss German, Traditional Chinese, Welsh
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Kim Hansen
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.