TslaMirror for iOS
TslaMirror is an app designed to mirror your iPhone apps to your Tesla car! Additionally, it supports screencasting apps to a Chrome browser.
For Tesla car built-in browser:
1. If possible, aim to update your Tesla's infotainment system to the most recent version.
2. Ensure your car is PARKED (0mph/0kph)!
3. You first need to connect your Tesla's network to the Personal Hotspot on your iOS device (requires cellular data). Tesla MCU2/3 hardware is needed. MCU2/3 is available on the Tesla Model 3 Model Y, Model X (late than March 2018), Model S (late than March 2018), or the Tesla vehicles that are upgraded to MCU2/3 from MCU1.
4. Ensure the iPhone is not in 'Low Power Mode'. Launch the TslaMirror app. Make sure the 'Proxy' switch is toggled on within the app.
5. Tap the 'Start' button, then select 'Start Broadcast' to initiate Screen Broadcast via the TslaMirror app.
6. Use the Tesla car's built-in browser to navigate to https://TslaMirror.com:8443 or http://240.3.3.3, remember to use HTTPS for the domain name and HTTP for the IP address.
7. To zoom in or out, pinch the screen on the Tesla's built-in browser.
8. Currently, there is no support for audio. Only the app screen will mirror to the browser. For simultaneous audio during app mirroring, use the Bluetooth audio link to play sound from your iOS device through the Tesla's speakers.
9. Keep your screen unlocked. Due to Screen Broadcast API limitations, you need to keep your screen unlocked. If the screen locks, you'll need to restart the Screen Broadcast.
For normal desktop browser
1 Devices are on the same Wi-Fi network
2 Start the TslaMirror App.
3 Click the "Start" button to start Screen Broadcast in the TslaMirror App
4 Access the link below the "Stop" button via a normal desktop browser (Safari or Chrome)
1 No extra internet traffic for the screencast, the App mirroring traffic is only locally on iOS device Personal Hotspot. However, please note that during the screenshot, the Tesla vehicle will use the hotspot traffic for its internet access when the hotspot is connected
2 Private, the screencast is only available to the devices connected to the iOS Personal Hotspot Wi-Fi network
3 5GHz Personal Hotspot(iPhone 12 series supports it) Wi-Fi is highly recommended. Do not enable the "Maximize Compatibility" setting for iPhone 12 series. By default, iPhone 12 series come with a 5GHz Wi-Fi Personal Hotspot. Once the "Maximize Compatibility" setting enabled, it will go back to the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi hotspot.
1 This is not CarPlay
2 iOS Apps that use the AVPlayer framework cannot be supported, such as the Apple Music App and Netflix App.
3 Netflix App not supported
Privacy/Security notice: This App does not collect any statistics, personal information, or analytics from our users.This Application does use Location service to access Wi-Fi access point network name on iOS 13 or later. Location data is not stored or collected at any point. No information is stored by our company.
Disclaimer: This software and documentation do not come from nor is endorsed by Tesla Inc. Use this App at your own risk. The author does not guarantee its proper functioning. Some features require certain vehicle options to work (e.g. MCU2 hardware needed). This App attempts to use the same interface used by the official Tesla Apps. However, you are responsible for any changes to your car caused by using this App. The use of this App needs the vehicle's built-in browser. And we are not liable for any damages to you, your car, or any other object in conjunction with the use of this App.
Warning and Legal Disclaimer: DO NOT IGNORE THE FOLLOWING - This service should only be used when the car is PARKED (0mph/0kph)! The use of this program may be restricted based on your local jurisdiction regarding the built-in web browser in your vehicle.
Ratings and Reviews
using on iPhone 12 Pro Max
I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max using this app on a 2020 Tesla Model X Long Range. Followed the instructions and read all the comments on Mother Funker video regarding this app. Even agreed to the Location Service on the iPhone. The Tesla web browser is using the iPhone hotspot. So everything is in order and the screen mirroring works for less than one minute then the web browser disappeared from the Tesla screen. Have tried it many times and still doing the same thing. I’m tech savvy therefore following this instructions isn’t hard. It was a few tries before I got it to work but it’s only for one minute.
Developer Response ,
We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the tricky bug in early versions of the TslaMirror app. We are pleased to inform you that it has been resolved for quite some time now. We invite you to try the latest version of TslaMirror and thank you for your patience.
Okay, so like many, I was extra skeptical about throwing down my hard earned $6 for an app that clearly sucked (based on existing reviews, LOL!!) but I didn’t have a whole lot of other options to choose from so I figured WTH, it’s been a good year. So I installed the app on my iPhone12 and went to work - tweaking a couple settings in the hopes of obtaining the best possible picture quality and then followed the VERY CLEAR AND SIMPLE instructions written on the app to complete the connection on the car side (to accept the wireless signal). Let me tell you - this thing worked perfectly , it worked the first time and it worked the second time. Zero hiccups. Zero problems. Boy is this thing polished. Let me tell you guys and gals DOWNLOAD THIS APP !!! It does exactly what it says it will do. I use it to stream my Plex app to the cars screen. It looks beautiful, and takes no time at all to get up and running. It will also continue to work once the vehicle is in motion (provided you tick the box on your wireless settings to allow WiFi tether to continue after the car is put in drive). To the app manufacturers - nicely done !!! Thank you for making such a simple and capable product that quite frankly makes me enjoy driving my Tesla even more. I am so sorry your app reviews are full of negativity, this is so not deserved. Please continue to innovate and move this awesome product forward !!! You deserve to be compensated for a job well done.
I gave the app 5 stars as it really does what it says. But for instructions I give it a 2/5. In terms of delivering, it works great. The instructions are not that clear but if you follow them carefully it works. For some of the other negative comments: 1) You will stay connected to the VPN after you quit the App so you need to turn the Tesla Proxy to off (which turns off the VPN) before quitting the app. At first I had the same issue with one of the other reviewers (where the VPN stayed on and interfered with other stuff). Once I figured this out, I am incredibly happy with the app. I suggest the developers have the Tesla Proxy turn off when you quit the app or when you hit "Stop Broadcast". Or just have the Tesla proxy start when you start broadcast and stop when you stop the broadcast. 2) The Tesla itself is a bit buggy when connecting to the iphone as a hotspot. Sometimes it is only on the second try that it makes the connection. Once you have the Tesla Proxy on in the app, then it is more difficult to connect to your phone as a hotspot and it can take 3 or 4 tries. The simple fix for me - keep the Tesla proxy off until you have the hotspot connection between your Tesla and your iphone.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback and support.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Wuhan TrustComputing IT Co., Ltd.
- 4.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020-2023 Wuhan TrustComputing IT Co., Ltd.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.