Rise is devoted to every aspect of making sourdough! It includes great recipes, makes planning & scheduling easy, and serves as a baking journal. Rise syncs across all of your iPhone and iPad devices and supports sharing recipes and photos with others.
Rise has everything you need to make sourdough for both beginners and experts alike. Beginners can use our easy to follow recipes and articles, while experts can use Rise’s powerful editing tools (baker’s percentages, hydration, scaling, and more) to perfect their bread.
When making a recipe, Rise helps you plan with a schedule overview from start to finish, so you know exactly when you'll perform each step at a glance. Schedule notifications alert you when it's time to complete each task. Rise even takes the guesswork out of fermentation by dynamically calculating bulk rise and proof times while making, using your dough's temperature and ingredients.
• Rise comes with fully tested sourdough recipes for both beginners and advanced bakers.
• Easily customize any recipe before making by adjusting weight, hydration, and yield.
CREATE YOUR OWN RECIPES
• Add your own recipes to Rise using its intuitive card-based interface.
• Ingredients can be adjusted by total weight, yield, or baker’s percentages.
• “Magic Hydration” keeps total weight and all other baker’s percentages the same while adjusting hydration.
• Each step card can have any number of tasks, timers, and other useful widgets.
SCHEDULING & MAKING
• Rise makes following a recipe’s schedule a breeze, and even handles multi-day recipes.
• The Overview screen shows a recipe’s entire schedule from start to finish.
• While making, get reminder notifications when it’s time to move to the next step or task, or when a timer is up.
• Use Magic Rise Time widgets to let Rise handle how long your bulk rise and proof steps should take, based on the temperature and ingredients of your dough. For proofing, you can even decide to refrigerate overnight.
• The schedule is flexible, so you can finish a step early, back up a step, or add more time if needed.
• The My Rises tab gives you a thorough history of your sourdough adventure, with each item representing one single baking experience (a loaf, crust, etc).
• Each rise has a Journal section for you to add notes and observations about each bake.
• Take photos of your process and the final product for sharing or browsing later.
• Share any rise or recipe you’ve made with others! Just turn on Sharing to get a short URL that you can share with friends or post online.
• The shared web page shows your ingredients, method, and photos, so you can share entire recipes with anyone! Others can import your recipe into Rise right from the same page.
Rise includes helpful articles and references for things like sourdough starter care, folding & shaping techniques, gear to get you started, and more.
Rise comes with some helpful utilities, including:
• Starter Feed Reminders: Get notified when it’s time to feed your starter.
• Rise Times: Calculate ideal rise times based on temperature, starter percentage, hydration, and salt content.
• Hydration: Calculate hydration (both baker’s and “true”) along with baker’s percentages for all ingredients.
• Unit Converter: Convert between weight and volume for common ingredient types.
• Rise Factor: Represents how much your bread rose while baking using a single number. Noting the rise factor for each loaf is a great way to track your improvement.
Seamlessly sync across all your iPad & iPhone devices, including when making!
FREE & PAID OPTIONS
Rise is free with limited access to recipes and features. Unlock all recipes and features by subscribing (with a two week free trial), or with a one-time purchase if you prefer not to subscribe!
A new version of Rise, fresh out of the oven! Here's what's changed:
- Fixed an issue with in-app purchases not showing the right currency
- Fixed an issue with adding more time while making
- A few other small fixes!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Just putting in my 5 star rating for this app. I’m an absolute beginner when it comes to sourdough. It took me a week, but I was able to creat my own starter from scratch.
From there—on one fine day—I had enough confidence to make my first sourdough loaf. Did I go for an easy recipe? No! I hunted and found one that looked delicious though.. with cheese and walnuts. I swapped out pecans (I’m in Texas) and got to it.. and wow, could not believe what came out of my oven.
I took pics and shared on social media to which my friends said ‘bragger’ and ‘show off’ and they had a point. But it *was* good looking and *was* super tasty.. so I was proud. And none of it would have happened without the help of the rise app.
Excellent baking companion
I’ve worked a bit with dough before (my family has a history of baking), so when the sourdough craze started I wanted to hop on and see what I could turn out. A friend gifted me some starter and I used the instructions in Rise to make my first loaf! Managing all the phases would have been a major pain without the guidance this app provides. The proof is in the pudding on this one: my loaf came out pretty tasty with their basic recipe. I’m looking forward to baking more sourdough and using this app as a diary of notes to help me become the next Paul Hollywood!
Of all the sourdough apps I’ve looked into this is by far and away the most robust. It makes experimenting easy, fun and reproducible. I love all the options, and I can sync to all devices whether I’m in the kitchen on my phone or iPad. Thanks Rise team for a great app!
- Made by Windmill, LLC
- 35 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 13.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Made by Windmill, LLC. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- One year subscription $4.99
- One time purchase $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.