SignalScope Advanced 2020 offers an advanced tool set to meet your measurement and analysis needs as an engineer, consultant, educator, student, researcher, or savvy hobbyist in areas such as acoustics (sound and vibration), audio, electronics, and electroacoustics.
- Analyze signals coming from the Mac or iOS device’s current audio input device.
- Assign engineering units to your input signals and calibrate external transducers for accurate measurements.
- Assign input channel units and sensitivities for individual USB Audio devices.
- Direct support for Digiducer digital accelerometers and 485B39 USB ICP signal conditioner from The Modal Shop.
- Direct support for miniDSP UMIK-1 measurement microphone and EARS headphone/IEM measurement system.
- Nominal acoustic sensitivities included for iPhone and iPad built-in microphones, voltage sensitivities for headset input (including the Lightning-to-headset adapter included with recent iPhone models)
- Manually switch between available audio input and output sources.
- Load microphone frequency response data (FRD) and apply frequency response correction (FRC) to FFT-based measurements.
- Manually adjust audio sample rates, even up to 192 kHz, depending on input hardware.
- Save acquired measurement data to CSV, tab-delimited ASCII text, or MAT files.
- Save high-resolution analyzer display images to PDF files.
- Retrieve your data files from your device via Files (iCloud Drive), iTunes File Sharing, or through a web browser on another device. Files may also be opened in other compatible apps (e.g. Mail, Notes, Numbers, Dropbox, etc).
- Oscilloscope - Basic oscilloscope and triggering functions.
- FFT Analyzer - Spectrum analyzer with user-settable frequency limits and basic triggering
- 2D Real-time Spectrogram Analyzer
- XY Plotter - Create Lissajous curves on your Mac, iPhone, or iPad.
- 3D Real-time Spectrogram Analyzer - Stunning live visualization of incoming data
- Octave-band Analyzer - Whole and 1/3-octave RTA
- Level Meter - Overall signal level meter
- Noise Dosimeter
- Data Recorder - Stream up to 8 channels to WAV, AIF, or CAF audio files.
- Stereo Signal Generator
Learn more about SignalScope Advanced 2020 at FaberAcoustical.com.
SignalScope Advanced 2020 will receive major upgrades, consistent with those available in the SignalScope X Advanced Tool Set subscription, through calendar year 2021, after which it will receive maintenance updates for a limited time. It can be used indefinitely thereafter on a compatible version of macOS or iOS.
- Fixed a bug on Mac, which could cause a file to be moved, or in some cases even deleted, when dragging it onto SignalScope's icon to load it. This update is highly recommended for Mac users.
- External file loading has also been made more robust on iOS.
- Fixed a bug which could prevent alerts from being displayed on macOS 11 and 12 and which could sometimes cause a crash on macOS 12.
Ratings and Reviews
Very powerful. Very diffiicult to learm
The instructions are written for somone who already knows how to use the program. This is typical for programmers. Can't scale the vertical units as I would like and had to learn how to translate their units into volts. For them, m means volts, micro (greek symbol) means millivolts, and n means microvolts. This will drive you crazy. Can't set the peak of the fundamental to 0 dB. For instance, 1 volt p-p reads as -60 dB. Won't give TDH totals. Maybe there are ways to do these things but can't find out how in the instructions.
The program is buggy and tends to lockup. Needs to be restarted. It needs more work. Also typical. The older verson was much easier to use. This is just too hard to use. Finally geting the hang of it but doubt I can reach its full potential because of the lack of good instructions.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Faber Acoustical, LLC
- 6.1 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Faber Acoustical, LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.